Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Danny Duffy 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#1 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Danny Duffy (elbow) threw 20 pitches in an extended spring training game on Saturday.
Advice: It was Duffy's second game appearance in extended spring as he works his way back from Tommy John surgery. The Royals are hopeful that the lefty will be able to throw five innings on the anniversary date of his surgery (June 13), though it will be later than that before he's ready to join the rotation.

must add/stash in dynasty leagues?

#2 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I like him. He was getting it up to 100mph if I remember correctly last yr. Had some minor control issues I think but I remember being very impressed watching him. I have him stashed on my dynasty DL.

#3 MeisterT

MeisterT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, in a dynasty I'd go for it- remember a start last year vs the Yanks and his stuff was electric, even if he's only at 75% this year or a little uneasy about really letting it fly you'll definitely be interested in him next when hopefully he's all the way back
"It's the learning f------ nothing that keeps me young." - Al Swearengen

#4 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Didn't know much about him ... but a lefty that can put up 95+ is definitely note worthy.

He's aiming for June ... I'd expect him up by July at the earliest, but everything since the TJ surgery has been positive so who knows.

#5 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Next year this kid should be fantasy relevant, keep in mind that control is the last thing to return with TJ surgery, so any production this year will be a bonus.
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#6 astarlist

astarlist

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I am holding in my dynasty league. I think it's a good, under the radar pick up; he was impressive pre TJ
12 team dynasty h2h points league
C C. Santana
1b Trumbo
2b Kipnis, Prado
ss Bogaerts
3b Zimmerman
MI Rutledge
CI Sandoval
OF Choo, Gardner, Fowler, M. Brantley
Util Belt,
BN G. Polanco, Buxton

P Minor, Moore, Salazar, Kennedy, Archer, Yordano, Z. Wheeler, Erasmo Ramirez, T. Walker, Duffy, Bundy, Heaney

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

true ... i was thinking more long term rather than help this year. it sucks we only get 6 add/drops per weekbut i figured he'd be worth the stash especially since i can DL him for another month or so and didn't wanna miss out on him with the recent news. i looked even further and it's been all positive since the surgery.

not too many young SP with his upside sitting on the wire of a 14 team dynasty. any current pitcher he compares to [if he reaches his potential] ?

#8 crookedmacs

crookedmacs

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Rehab assignment in Double A on Sunday. You figure he takes up the 30 days, but there should be a spot in the rotation for him. Wade Davis isn't a starter, and Mendoza pretty much sucks.

#9 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,265 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Will be interesting to see how hard this guy is throwing and how he does in his rehab assignment. If he's pitching with the Royals @ the beginning of July, I'm not a fan of the schedule. Gets better on the 26th, but yeah, the month is about gone then. If he can miss 15th through 17th series with the Tigers, August looks better.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#10 xenmax

xenmax

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Stashed on the DL in my keeper league all year.
Just hoping he comes up in June/July and shows the same potential as before - can decide whether to keep him for next year.
12 Team Yahoo Keepr Roto 6x6 R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP,SLG IP,SV,ERA,WHIP,K/9,QS

C: J Phegley
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jason Kipnis
3B: Anthony Rendon / Nolan Arenado
SS: Ben Zobrist
OF: Nelson Cruz; Alex Gordon ; Adam Eaton
Util [2] : Brad Miller ; Kendrys Morales ;

BN: Luke Scott ; Ike Davis ; Junior Lake ;
DL: Matt Holliday ; Josh Willingham
NA: Jonathon Singleton ;

SP: Steven Strasburg ; Kris Medlen ; Corey Kluber ; Lance Lynn ; Chris Archer ; Patrick Corbin ; Gerrit Cole ; Tony Cingrani ; Andrew Cashner ;
RP: Greg Holland ; Jose Veras ; Koji Uehara ;

#11 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

If you thought he was wild before TJ, think how wild he's likely to be when initially back?

Interest level is 2014 as a flyer...
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#12 dangerous

dangerous

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

If you thought he was wild before TJ, think how wild he's likely to be when initially back?

Interest level is 2014 as a flyer...

Exactly my thoughts. DD couldn't control anything before surgery and now he's expected to come back from a surgery where control is the LAST thing to return? Pass in redrafts.

#13 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I was just about to say what the two above said - wonderful stuff but Very wild pre-TJS - watch and see guy
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#14 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,265 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Danny Duffy pitched three scoreless innings while walking two and striking out four in his first rehab start with Double-A Northwest Arkansas on Sunday.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#15 bmay

bmay

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Edited by The Harsh, 10 June 2013 - 07:04 PM.
Asking for dissemination of copyrighted content is against the CoC - please don't do so again.

14-team H2H Points League (weekly):
C - McCann
1B - Rizzo
2B - Cano
3B - Encarnacion
SS - Bogaerts
OF - Braun, Bruce, Hunter
DH - Seager
Bench - Beltran, Davis, Harper (DL), Polanco, Solarte

P - Bailey, Cain, Doolittle, Iwakuma, Kluber, Lynn, Quintana, Samardzija
Bench - De La Rosa, Holland (DL), Janssen, Kuroda, Liriano, Porcello, Smyly, Syndergaard (M)

#16 David Light

David Light

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Got Rocked in his Triple A Start. Uh Oh. His control didn't seem that bad only two walks, but he gave up seven runs on seven hits. He may be a stretch to perform well for this year, but in keeper leagues I think he has value.

#17 Travis_Fryman#17

Travis_Fryman#17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Matt Moore all over again?
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
- Charles Bukowski

#18 David Light

David Light

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

What's up with the Duffmeister. Getting rocked in triple a. Does anyone know if his velocity is still there? Or if he is just having serious command issues?

#19 bmay

bmay

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

What's up with the Duffmeister. Getting rocked in triple a. Does anyone know if his velocity is still there? Or if he is just having serious command issues?

He had a great start tonight. Check fangraphs.
14-team H2H Points League (weekly):
C - McCann
1B - Rizzo
2B - Cano
3B - Encarnacion
SS - Bogaerts
OF - Braun, Bruce, Hunter
DH - Seager
Bench - Beltran, Davis, Harper (DL), Polanco, Solarte

P - Bailey, Cain, Doolittle, Iwakuma, Kluber, Lynn, Quintana, Samardzija
Bench - De La Rosa, Holland (DL), Janssen, Kuroda, Liriano, Porcello, Smyly, Syndergaard (M)

#20 David Light

David Light

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

Yup very solid outing 5ip 0 ER 2 hits. Very nice. Hopefully there is more of this to come.