815 replies to this topic

#1 dewaser

dewaser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

What are some ideas on MJD's upcoming season?
12 team PPR league
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: CJ Spiller
FLEX: Shane Vereen
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Roddy White
WR: Rueben Randle
TE: Kyle Rudolph
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Adam Vinatieri
Bench: Danny Woodhead, Steven Jackson, Jarrett Boykin, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andrew Hawkins, Ronnie Hillman, Roy Helu

#2 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I got this crazy feeling he's going to return to full stud status.

But I sure as heck ain't gonna draft him at his current price to find out.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#3 dewaser

dewaser

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm definitely scared to draft him... He's got lots of mileage and continual injury issues. I also agree at his ADP he is a pretty sketchy pick.
12 team PPR league
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: CJ Spiller
FLEX: Shane Vereen
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Roddy White
WR: Rueben Randle
TE: Kyle Rudolph
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Adam Vinatieri
Bench: Danny Woodhead, Steven Jackson, Jarrett Boykin, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andrew Hawkins, Ronnie Hillman, Roy Helu

#4 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

http://blogs.nfl.com...-ready-by-june/
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm willing to give him a shot as my RB2 If he has a clean bill of health.

Edited by petekrum, 04 May 2013 - 02:36 PM.

The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,639 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

His ceiling is incredible but there are just too many question marks (mileage, injury, weak offense) for me to use a high pick on him. There is that possibility, though, that he ends up being a steal for his owners.

#7 Kobe_No_Means_No

Kobe_No_Means_No

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,154 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Jailed. KOed a bouncer.

http://www.tmz.com/2...htclub-florida/

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones Drew has been charged with battery after allegedly KO'ing a security guard at the Conch House in St. Augustine, FL ... TMZ has learned.

According to the police report obtained by TMZ, MJD is accused of striking the secruity guard with a closed fist on the guard's left cheek, knocking him out.

According to cops, the punch was intentional.

The incident went down during "Reggae Sundays" at the the Conch House restaurant on May 26.

According to the police report, witnesses say ... MJD's buddy was told by security to stop touching a young female. The buddy allegedly put his hands on the security guard's chest ... and a melee ensued.

The security guard reportedly put MJD's friend in a headlock to stop the fight ... and that's when MJD stepped in and clocked the security guard.

After the incident, the security guard spoke with police -- and cops noted that the guy's jaw was "swollen a great deal and had a large lump on his jaw bone."

Edited by Kobe_No_Means_No, 28 May 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#8 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostKobe_No_Means_No, on 28 May 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Jailed. KOed a bouncer.

http://www.tmz.com/2...htclub-florida/

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones Drew has been charged with battery after allegedly KO'ing a security guard at the Conch House in St. Augustine, FL ... TMZ has learned.

According to the police report obtained by TMZ, MJD is accused of striking the secruity guard with a closed fist on the guard's left cheek, knocking him out.

According to cops, the punch was intentional.

The incident went down during "Reggae Sundays" at the the Conch House restaurant on May 26.

According to the police report, witnesses say ... MJD's buddy was told by security to stop touching a young female. The buddy allegedly put his hands on the security guard's chest ... and a melee ensued.

The security guard reportedly put MJD's friend in a headlock to stop the fight ... and that's when MJD stepped in and clocked the security guard.

After the incident, the security guard spoke with police -- and cops noted that the guy's jaw was "swollen a great deal and had a large lump on his jaw bone."
wtf..

#9 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

The good news is that his foot must be doing well to deliver that kind of leverage on a punch. Bumping him up in my rankings.

#10 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostBlu Exile, on 28 May 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

The good news is that his foot must be doing well to deliver that kind of leverage on a punch. Bumping him up in my rankings.
more than likely he'll only get a slap on the wrist anyway plus it's his first offense

#11 jtaylor39

jtaylor39

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

MJD could be a knockout this year....draft accordingly.
NABL 12 team ppr $$ League
2011 Champion
2012 3rd Place
2013 2nd Place

FFAH League
2009, 2010, 2011 Champion

I cash checks.

#12 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Maurice WORLD STAR Jones Drew

#13 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

you just went full ghetto mjd
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#14 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm glad he can plant on that foot...
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#15 Vestrogen

Vestrogen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...ed-battery-cops

Jones-Drew's agent, Adisa Bakari, had earlier told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that an amended release would be filed by police that no charges have been filed against his client.
"Maurice was there and was not involved. As soon as an altercation broke out, Maurice exited the premises. He was not questioned by police immediately after nor later that day," Bakari said Tuesday.

So he actually didn't punch anyone? Back down he goes in my rankings...

#16 wtb88

wtb88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

not touching him with a 10 foot pole this year.  got burned bad by him last year.

#17 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Postwtb88, on 02 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

not touching him with a 10 foot pole this year.  got burned bad by him last year.
he got injured... that is the dumbest reason to not draft someone unless they are as injury prone as mathews or mcfadden

#18 wtb88

wtb88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

not just because of the injury...he's literally the only thing going for the offense (besides arguably blackmon)  he's been overused the past two or three years.  you go right ahead and roll the dice, but where he's going in the draft is a no go for me.

edit: maybe his year off from football helped him, but an average of 300+ carries for 2009-11 and now at age 28 is enough for me to steer clear.  same reason i probably won't have foster, either.

Edited by wtb88, 02 June 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#19 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postwtb88, on 02 June 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

not just because of the injury...he's literally the only thing going for the offense (besides arguably blackmon)  he's been overused the past two or three years.  you go right ahead and roll the dice, but where he's going in the draft is a no go for me.

edit: maybe his year off from football helped him, but an average of 300+ carries for 2009-11 and now at age 28 is enough for me to steer clear.  same reason i probably won't have foster, either.
i wont be drafting him either and im a jags fan lol.  i just always hate when people say "im not going to draft so-and-so because they totally screwed me last year"  when all that happened was he got hurt.  he was playing fine before he got hurt last year even after a long holdout

#20 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postwtb88, on 02 June 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I'm not sure how people use these claims to discredit MoJo.
In 2011 when MoJo lead the NFL in rushing yards he was on the same bad team, with the same QB.
Now the Jags have a better O Line, Blackmon and Shorts (actually part of the offense now)
So, if your excuse is that he's on a bad team, then that argument is easily disregarded.

Injury?  You mean like Petersons ACL or hernia, TRichs Ribs & Shin, Fosters calf or Hammy, McCoys concussion, Spillers shoulder, Lynch's back, Charles' ACL or toe?  That leaves you with Rice, Morris and Martin I guess.  I have no issue with wanting to avoid injuries, but let's not pretend MoJo is alone in this 'previously injured' RB situation.

Carries? Does that mean you're going to Avoid Peterson, Foster, Rice, Lynch, S.Jax and CJ0K too?

Age? Same age as AP, but with less carries, and a lot of rest due to last year.

MoJo's results:
2011: 3rd
2010: 12th
2009: 3rd
2008: 9th
2007: 13th
In these 5 years, he's only missed a total of 3 games.

And it's not like you're investing a 1st round pick, we're talking about the 13th RB off the board, an RB2.

If you want to avoid MoJo, then by all means feel free to do so, but don't pretend to justify it with these fake arguments, just say you've got a bitter taste and are superstitious.  Nothing wrong with that.
I do it for the likes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users