Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Week 6 Waiver Wire Touts 5/6 - 5/12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#1 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,899 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#2 Richard Kimble

Richard Kimble

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Trevor Plouffe-22% Yahoo, 17% ESPN
The Twins have 7 games this week, starting with 4 in Boston before coming home to face the O's. Plouffe has homered in his last 2 games and is a streaky HR hitter; I'll never forget last year's tear that woke up his old roommate Ryan Braun-as I recall, Braun woke up one day in late May or early June and saw Plouffe 1 HR behind him, like 19 to 20, and decided to put a stop to it. Really, he's got Mark Trumbo type power, in a bad hitter's park, and like Trumbo is a notorious 1st-half hitter. It might be time to roll the dice.
Yonder Alonso-19% Yahoo, 21% ESPN
Again, a bad hitters park seems to scare people away, but Alonso has been very productive thus far with a .284 avg to go with 4 HRs & 19 RBI. The Pads play at home v. MIA and in Tampa, so there's no chance of a rainout in 6 games this week.
Cody Ross-2% ESPN, 16% Yahoo
Continuing the theme of medium-profile players who are vastly underowned, Cody Ross is due to heat up sooner than later. He is facing two tough staffs @LA and V. PHI but with 7 games, and a banged up OF in AZ, he's a sneaky option. The 2% tag in ESPN leagues is a joke, as there are 5 OF spots in standards

#3 Richard Kimble

Richard Kimble

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Marcel Ozuna

Roger that! Is there any way this kid going to be sent down when Stanton comes back? Unless he starts striking out 3 out of 4 at bats, I don't think so.

Edited by Richard Kimble, 05 May 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#4 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

My touts tend to be for deeper leagues, but even still, don't laugh.......

If your team is loaded with power and you can afford no power at a corner position... the Rays' new Casey Kotchman of the year, James Loney (5% owned, +3% on Yahoo!) is hitting .380 with a nice OBP, a homer and 14 RBI....

Look at Kotchman's year with the Rays... Loney could probably do something pretty similar to that by season's end. I don't know where his power is at nowadays, but I know he could put 15 out in LA once upon a time....

If your 1B is slumping or hurt, or CI is really bad for you right now, he's not a horrible pickup. I may try him as a CI spot on a team that doesn't need a lot of power right now.
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#5 xxxFTWxxx

xxxFTWxxx

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

I know i posted this last week, and it didn't go so great. I dropped him after that start and just now checking the WW I see no one has claimed him and he is still available.

Andrew Cashner (28% Yahoo) at home against Miami tonight. I think he comes back to decent form and pitches a decent line (with more K's than walks this time hopefully, and a good chance for a W.

as long as he isn't horrible he shouldn't give up more than a couple runs, if he is on though could rack up some K's and solid ratios.

Edited by xxxFTWxxx, 06 May 2013 - 03:04 AM.

12-team H2H daily 8x8 re-draft league (2 keepers) Defending Champs

C C Santana
1B C Davis
2B Pedroia
3B Freese
SS Hardy
OF C Gomez, Beltran, Rios
UTIL Kinsler
BN Ethier, Scutaro, A Ramirez (DL), Kemp (K) (DL)

SP Verlander (K), Sabathia, Fister, Burnett, Garza, Doubront
RP G Holland, Mujica, Cishek, Perez

#6 Djop20

Djop20

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Mitch Moreland - Hit a HR of a lefty yesterday and gets all R handed pitchers this week in pretty good ball parks.

#7 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

I like Ryan Roberts this week. Hits LHP pretty good and they have 4 of them this week.

#8 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Start James McDonald. He gets SEA and then the Mets who are coming back to Earth, slowly but surely.

#9 phatrat

phatrat

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Start James McDonald. He gets SEA and then the Mets who are coming back to Earth, slowly but surely.

Do you trust him enough to start him against those teams...he hasn't been very good.

#10 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Do you trust him enough to start him against those teams...he hasn't been very good.

I certainly do. Catch him for these two starts then drop him. He's my streamer. Along with Cashner and Vargas.

#11 joeg414

joeg414

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Whata think about Carp?

#12 Flacco2Rice

Flacco2Rice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ryan Raburn..until Bourn returns
12 Team AL-ONLY, 5x5 Roto

C-Salvador Perez
1B - EDWIN ENCARNACION
2B - Howie Kendrick
SS - Jed Lowrie
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Kole Calhoun, Adam Eaton,  Chris Carter, Colby Rasmus, Chris Taylor
UT - CHRIS DAVIS
DH - Albert Pujols

SP - Weaver, Kuroda, Miguel Gonzalez, Drew Hutchinson, Stroman, Danny Salazar, Yohan Pino, Shane Greene, Holland(DL)
RP - McGee, Koji, Street, Andrew Miller

#13 treyjuice

treyjuice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Callaspo is back and ready to go to Houston for some meaty pitching and ballpark.

#14 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

What do people think about Conor Gillaspie?

.289/7 R/3 HR/5 RBI/7 BB in 76 AB on the year playing 3B for the White Sox.

Could do worse if you're looking for depth.

#15 The Professor

The Professor

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I am streaming Eric Stults (SD) tomorrow against the Marlins at Petco. You can't ask for a better matchup than the Stanton-less Marlins at Petco. I don't love Stults as a pitcher by any means, but he is inducing groundballs at a high rate (44.5%) and he's currently putting up a great K/BB ratio (4.17 K/BB). Even though Stult's ERA currently sits at 5.08, his FIP and xFIP are both about a full run lower than his ERA, which suggests that his ERA may be inflated due to luck (or lack thereof). That's enough for me to start a guy against the Marlins at home in the premier pitcher's park in baseball.

#16 JFS171

JFS171

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hector Santiago gets the Mets this week. In his four starts last year over 19.1 IP he posted 26 Ks and a 2.33 ERA with a 1.19 WHIP. Also held the Rangers to a single run with 6 Ks in 5.1 IP his last time out -- at Arlington. There's also been reports he could stick in the rotation over Axelrod.

Chris Tillman has been pretty solid after a rough start to the year - blanked the Angels over 8 IP his last time out. He gets KC this week, and is another guy that could stick with your squad for more than one start. His ERA for the year is down to 3.63, and he posted a 2.93 ERA with a 1.05 WHIP in 15 starts last year. It's possible someone cut him after his rough start to the season...

I've picked up both guys in leagues where I could use some pitching...

#17 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just read on ESPN that Gavin Floyd is done for the year. Santiago looking like a mighty fine pick-up if he continues pitching well.

#18 strahanfan92

strahanfan92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Also in deeper leagues:

Lyle Overbay (Yankees) -- Last 7 games: .348, 3 HRs, 3Rs, 6 RBIs; 5 HRs on the year

#19 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

NCQB had some nice streamer picks last year if I remember. Take the plunge.
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#20 B.Jason.Upton

B.Jason.Upton

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone like Marquis vs Miami or J Blanton @ Houston tomorrow?
Team 1 - 12 team h2h daily
C - E Gattis, 1B - C Carter 2B - K Wong, SS - J Rollins, 3B - E Encarnacion, OF - C Gomez, J Upton, M Cabrera, Util - G Polanco, C Dickerson Bench: B Moss
P - Kershaw, Sale, Minor, S Gray, G Richards, D Duffy, J Nelson, M Wacha (DL)
RP - K Uehara, C Kimbrel, N Feliz, K Quackenbush

Team 2 - 12 team h2h daily
C - Y Gomes, 1B - J Abreu, 2B - K Wong, SS - E Andrus, 3B - A Beltre, OF - J Bautista, J Heyward, S Marte UTIL - M Cuddyer, R Davis Bench: H Ramirez (DL)
SP - E Santana, J Quintana, D Duffy, C Tillman, M Pineda, J Paxton, K Hendricks, B Norris
RP - S Cishek, H Rondon, J McGee, K Quackenbush