Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

LaMichael James 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Kendall Hunter will be trying to come back from the Achilles injury.  Gore is an obvious injury risk anytime he's on the field so there is a chance that James could be getting a fair amount of playing time OR  he could be sitting on the bench for the entire season.

#2 crusoe

crusoe

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

LaMichael certainly knows how to run in the zone read offense, so he becomes incredibly intriguing in the event of a Gore injury.  LaMichael did get used more toward the end of the season last year, and even scored a TD in the superbowl.  However, he had a crucial fumble and rushed only three times.  While I believe he was greatly underused last season, and while I believe Harbaugh would even tell you this, I don't see LaMike having much value without a Gore Injury.

#3 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm not sure how many more years Gore will be around but probably no more than one or two. James could be intriguing in keeper leagues as the possible heir apparent. A lot depends on how well Hunter and Lattimore's rehabs go.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#4 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postowenmills, on 06 May 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'm not sure how many more years Gore will be around but probably no more than one or two. James could be intriguing in keeper leagues as the possible heir apparent. A lot depends on how well Hunter and Lattimore's rehabs go.

James is to small to ever be more than a change of pace back. If he's really lucky, maybe one day he becomes Darren Sproles.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#5 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

He's one of those late round flier RB I'll take at the right price in my "when RB start dropping like flies by week 8 tier."

As for a keeper league it would really depend how many players you can keep through the post season.
All this guy would have to do is gain 10-12 lbs of muscle and he's Ray Rice's size.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller ; Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: ARI DST
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, CLE DST (15.06)

#6 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postpetekrum, on 06 May 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 06 May 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

James is to small to ever be more than a change of pace back. If he's really lucky, maybe one day he becomes Darren Sproles.

He's 5'8 and close to 200 lbs. like other poster said all he has to do is add some muscle and he's feature back size. Chris Johnson is listed at 5'11 191 lbs.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#7 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

The 49ers have a lot of talent in the backfield and at his current size, it's unlikely that he'll get a chance to be a true feature back. I hope San Fran finds a way to work him into the offense, though, because I'd love to see what this kid can do if he is involved on a weekly basis.

He's an intriguing prospect and possibly worth a late round prospective pick in very deep leagues. Standard league owners should monitor his relevancy. If James starts to put up productive games, I wouldn't let him last too long on the wire.

#8 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

If Hunter returns 100% and Kyle Williams reclaims the kick return job, Lamichael James is a candidate for the inactive list to be honest.

That's where both he and Jacobs withered away most of the season last year. Anthony Dixon is a special teams linchpin and would backup Bruce Miller at FB in a pinch so if they only activate 3 half backs, it'd probably be Gore, Hunter, and Dixon.

Or perhaps they activate Hunter or James depending on the gameplan, like if they plan on running a lot of the pistol they'd keep James, if they will run more conventional offense they activate Hunter. Both Hunter and James have returned kicks so whoever's active would backup Williams.

Lattimore should eventually be the guy I think so Lamichael's keeper value is pretty low imo. He'll probably always be a change of pace.

Edited by Jason497, 07 May 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#9 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostJason497, on 07 May 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

If Hunter returns 100% and Kyle Williams reclaims the kick return job, Lamichael James is a candidate for the inactive list to be honest.

That's where both he and Jacobs withered away most of the season last year. Anthony Dixon is a special teams linchpin and would backup Bruce Miller at FB in a pinch so if they only activate 3 half backs, it'd probably be Gore, Hunter, and Dixon.

Or perhaps they activate Hunter or James depending on the gameplan, like if they plan on running a lot of the pistol they'd keep James, if they will run more conventional offense they activate Hunter. Both Hunter and James have returned kicks so whoever's active would backup Williams.

Lattimore should eventually be the guy I think so Lamichael's keeper value is pretty low imo. He'll probably always be a change of pace.
agree pretty much on all counts. if Hunter is healthy, he is the immediate heir to Gore, with Lattimore being the long-term heir and boom/bust player.

LMJ might not be inactive, but if Hunter returns fine and Gore is healthy, it will be tough for him to get touches, as both of those backs are superior in running the ball behind that beast OL

#10 chiefdog10

chiefdog10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

I honestly think anybody who drafts LaMichael James isn't paying attention to reality. Yeah he looks the part of change of pace back but he didn't get on the field til week 12 last year which happens to be when Hunter (who is actually the change of pace back) went down. He has a career YPC of 4.6 on 27 rushes while Hunter has 4.6 on 184 rushes. Hunter is the backup to own here as he has proven it over multiple seasons and doesn't need the help of the pistol/read option to get his yards.