Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

L.A. Clippers 2013-14 Offseason Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Anybody watching ESPN First Take? Stephen made an intersting trade; What are the chances Cp3 stays with the Clips and Clips work out a deal with the Celtics that would send; Bledsoe, Butler, Blake Griffin, for Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett, and maybe Doc Rivers? lol....

#2 darkyume

darkyume

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

David Kahn approves.

#3 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Anybody watching ESPN First Take? Stephen made an interestingly stupid trade; What are the chances Cp3 stays with the Clips and Clips work out a deal with the Celtics that would send; Bledsoe, Butler, Blake Griffin, for Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett, and maybe Doc Rivers? lol....

Fixed.

#4 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,574 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Anybody watching ESPN First Take? Stephen made an intersting trade; What are the chances Cp3 stays with the Clips and Clips work out a deal with the Celtics that would send; Bledsoe, Butler, Blake Griffin, for Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett, and maybe Doc Rivers? lol....

Very little. Although if Paul can get in Garnett's ear and the Clipps can promise not to extend him on minutes, then you could see a Jordan and pieces for Garnett trade, but even that is fairly unlikely....Garnett would need to waive his no-trade, which he wouldn't do this year and I think it would take Doc Rivers telling him to go ahead to assuage his loyalty to Doc.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#5 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

No

#6 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Anybody watching ESPN First Take? Stephen made an interestingly stupid trade; What are the chances Cp3 stays with the Clips and Clips work out a deal with the Celtics that would send; Bledsoe, Butler, Blake Griffin, for Paul Pierce & Kevin Garnett, and maybe Doc Rivers? lol....

Fixed.

First, why wouldn't he just sign with Boston? Second, Kevin Garnett if he doesn't retire he has a trade clause in his contract. Third, why would they trade Blake for a player who may or may not play one year and an old declining Paul Pierce. Fourth, Why do I bother?
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#7 BareaFan

BareaFan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

First, why wouldn't he just sign with Boston?

Rondo?
Five Cat Stacking: FT%, 3s, Pts, Ast, Stl

10 Teams H2H Standard 9-Cats:
PG: Westbrook; Kyrie Irving; Jennings; Jameer Nelson; Jrue Holiday; Eric Bledsoe; Ramon Sessions
SG/SF: Bryant; Pierce; Jerryd Bayless; Danny Granger
PF/C: Kevin Garnett; Tiago Splitter

#8 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 26,574 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Clippers fire VDN per....everywhere. Obviously, CP3 wasn't a fan.....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#9 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 21,028 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Clippers fire VDN per....everywhere. Obviously, CP3 wasn't a fan.....

That cant be a surprise to anyone but maybe VDN.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#10 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

I think CP3 wants his old coach back :)

Report: Clips, Byron Scott talk about HC job
Posted Image

The Clippers have contacted Byron Scott about their head coach job, sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard.

But is the coach the only thing this team obviosuly needs? :huh:

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid, 30 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#11 sya

sya

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Byron Scott signed with the Cavs when LBJ was a free agent, but we all know what happened next. If CP3 decides to sign elsewhere (though unlikely), this will be deja vu for scott.

#12 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Byron Scott signed with the Cavs when LBJ was a free agent, but we all know what happened next. If CP3 decides to sign elsewhere (though unlikely), this will be deja vu for scott.

Lebron was gone from Cleveland either way. You can't pin it on Scott. Much like how you can't pin it on him if CP3 leaves this time, since management (aka Sterling) has really made some serious blunders.

#13 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Oh god, the Clippers have basically bent over and let CP3 run their franchise. They've given him carte blanche. Now, he's butthurt by a comment by their notoriously idiotic owner? CP3 needs to sack up and not be a diva. Basketball players have become the biggest divas in sports BY FAR. I'm sure CP3 did want Del Negro out, so who cares if people know? CP3 is a great player, but he's never been out of the second round. It gets old seeing these guys act like giant divas.

Edited by mjk356, 31 May 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#14 sya

sya

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Lebron was gone from Cleveland either way. You can't pin it on Scott. Much like how you can't pin it on him if CP3 leaves this time, since management (aka Sterling) has really made some serious blunders.

not blaming on scott, just saying that if that happens it will really suck for him to sign up and coach the team just to see its star player leave the team a second time around

#15 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh god, the Clippers have basically bent over and let CP3 run their franchise. They've given him carte blanche. Now, he's butthurt by a comment by their notoriously idiotic owner? CP3 needs to sack up and not be a diva. Basketball players have become the biggest divas in sports BY FAR. I'm sure CP3 did want Del Negro out, so who cares if people know? CP3 is a great player, but he's never been out of the second round. It gets old seeing these guys act like giant divas.

There are probably a dozen players in this league right now that could have their coach fired with a snap of the fingers.

#16 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think they need to make a move for a legit big man and maybe get a shooter. I don't consider DeAndre a true big man, as he hardly has post moves. Just runs on energy and athleticism. Maybe try to go for Al Jefferson in FA and then trade off DeAndre for a spot up shooter that gives CP3 the ability to drive and kick. Just a thought.
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#17 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Memphis frontoffice would make a terrible mistake letting Hollins go, this is our main focus is keeping Holllins but it seems that Grizzlies are really not trying hard enough, Hollins already said he wants to stay.

Clips stall on JVG, but Hollins interested
Posted Image

The Clippers' pursuit of Jeff Van Gundy has stalled, according to Yahoo! Sports, but Lionel Hollins contacted the Clips on Monday to express his interest in the job.
Hollins said early on Monday he wants to stay in Memphis and was shocked that the team gave him permission to speak with other teams, but it didn't take him long to reach out to L.A. Byron Scott, Alvin Gentry and George Karl have also been mentioned as possible replacements for Vinny Del Negro, though there are no indications that Karl will leave Denver this summer.

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid, 03 June 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#18 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Memphis frontoffice would make a terrible mistake letting Hollins go, this is our main focus is keeping Holllins but it seems that Grizzlies are really not trying hard enough, Hollins already said he wants to stay.

Posted Image

The Clippers' pursuit of Jeff Van Gundy has stalled, according to Yahoo! Sports, but Lionel Hollins contacted the Clips on Monday to express his interest in the job.
Hollins said early on Monday he wants to stay in Memphis and was shocked that the team gave him permission to speak with other teams, but it didn't take him long to reach out to L.A. Byron Scott, Alvin Gentry and George Karl have also been mentioned as possible replacements for Vinny Del Negro, though there are no indications that Karl will leave Denver this summer.

I think the Spurs series put Hollins on blast, dude did not know how to make adjustments. Literally saw the same gameplan four straight games. Just my two cents.
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#19 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

I think the Spurs series put Hollins on blast, dude did not know how to make adjustments. Literally saw the same gameplan four straight games. Just my two cents.

You know I was just thinking that. You do make a valid point, but at the end of the day, he's really not a bad coach. His more of an defensive coach, and really sucks on offensive side, but its really hard to find good coaches.

#20 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

You know I was just thinking that. You do make a valid point, but at the end of the day, he's really not a bad coach. His more of an defensive coach, and really sucks on offensive side, but its really hard to find good coaches.

He teaches great grit and grind, that no matter how much adversity is going on just grind it out, and I personally love that about him. Just think he is more of an attitude coach than a coach that can come up with a great game plan. Will be interesting to see.