Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

2013 TE Rankings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
218 replies to this topic

#1 Vupacalypse

Vupacalypse

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

I know that Jordan Cameron is the consensus rotoworld favorite for breakout TE of 2013 but fact is stranger than fiction and we know how much of a crapshoot the TE position is for fantasy outside the top 5. Off the top of my head I believe that Martellus Bennet is really going to surprise some people as Cutler's # 2 option. I also have high hopes for Delanie Walker who I think is underrated and should see ample opportunities simply based off the sheer amount of snaps he will be playing. Another darkhorse for breakout TE is Fred Davis. If he is fully recovered from his season-ending injury will ball out with RG3. Of course the flipside is that he isn't and is overtaken by Jordan Reed but I think there is something there between those 2.

#2 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

I think this is the year Jared Cook is finally used right and we see some big numbers out if him.

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Jordan Cameron
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Dennis Pitta

Pick one? There's probably some more.
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#4 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Off the top of my head I believe that Martellus Bennet is really going to surprise some people as Cutler's # 2 option. I also have high hopes for Delanie Walker who I think is underrated

I like Bennett's value a lot but everyone has him on their radar now after he had some big games for New York in 2012. He was almost universally owned at times last season. Also, you're not the first person I've seen who is a fan of Walker's, but I actually think he's a bit overrated already going into 2013.

#5 RevisAteMyQB

RevisAteMyQB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

If I'm ever going to be excited about another TE Breakout, he'll have to be on a good team with a great QB.
I pegged Graham the year of his breakout,and it was almost too obvious.

No one standing out like that this year.

Cameron? C'mon.

#6 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Dennis Pitta with Boldin gone

#7 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Jordan Cameron
Jared Cook
Martellus Bennett
Dennis Pitta

Pick one? There's probably some more.

I really like all of the guys listed above. I also like Finley now that his ADP is going to be way lower than in the past. He's being ranked outside the top 12 TE on the all the expert lists I've seen. Absolutely no risk in drafting him that late and a lot of upside as he will be playing for essentially his best shot at a big payday in 2014. Oh yeah, playing with Rodgers certainly helps his cause too.

#8 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Pitta ... Cook ... blah blah blah ...

Watch Adrien Robinson this summer. Myers was signed to a "4 year deal" that's basically 4 1-year deals (club options). They did not invest money in him long term and I have every reason to believe it's because of Adrien Robinson. He's got the size to be a dominant blocker [something the Giants value in their TEs and 1 of the reasons I expect him to take the job from Myers] and he fits in with the other "freak" athletes at the TE position.

Pitta/Cook are too easy, everyone is gonna know them. I like Cameron a lot too ... but Robinson will be in a much better offense.

Or just take Jimmy Graham and laugh at your opponents every week.

#9 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Delanie Walker has high-end TE2 potential, I think Martellus Bennett type production from last year. He seriously struggles with drops though, I wouldn't go out of my way to draft him but wouldn't complain if he fell in my lap.

Love Cook this year, I see Vernon Davis type numbers. 60-70 rec for 900 yards and 7 TDs.

Dustin Keller is going to be a TE2 who is forgotten about because of his injury last year. He'll be there late I think.

I also wonder if Rob Housler finally gets a chance with Arians coming in.
Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#10 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Arians is the only real reason I think Housler even has a remote chance of reaching TE2 numbers. I'd still rather have almost any other TE.

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#11 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Zach Miller :ph34r:
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller ; Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: ARI DST
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Big Ben, CLE DST (15.06)

#12 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Seattle's team is starting to get overloaded with weapons, and when that happens, it's hard to rely on the players every week (Saints, Packers, etc). And we know they're still a run-first offense. I'd much rather grab Cook's upside.

Miller is an interesting late pick for a deep league though. Could be serviceable most weeks if they utilize him. I picked him up from the FA pool in 2009 when he had his breakout year on the Raiders (it was my first year back playing FF in almost a decade, and my team was hurting at multiple positions).

#13 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

there are 19 TEs I'd be ok with starting as my #1 this year.

i'm liking cameron if i don't end up with graham in round 2.

Edited by rraayy3, 10 May 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#14 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Cook is the best one, the rest are crap. Have fun with all the single digit, week-losing scores.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#15 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Cook is the best one, the rest are crap. Have fun with all the single digit, week-losing scores.

If Quick doesn't come on in a big way, I almost believe that Cook could lead that team in receptions.

#16 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

If Quick doesn't come on in a big way, I almost believe that Cook could lead that team in receptions.

Big call.

Only reason i like Cook is because he isn't much of a blocker (unlike Kendricks) and will HAVE to catch passes to be of any use. I think Tavon will be Sam's first read, but Cook will be the 2nd if Tavon isn't open.

He has never been a big pass catcher though, just 73 catches in 3 seasons of college football and not many with the Titans either (although they ignored him at times).
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#17 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Delanie Walker has high-end TE2 potential, I think Martellus Bennett type production from last year. He seriously struggles with drops though, I wouldn't go out of my way to draft him but wouldn't complain if he fell in my lap.

Love Cook this year, I see Vernon Davis type numbers. 60-70 rec for 900 yards and 7 TDs.

Dustin Keller is going to be a TE2 who is forgotten about because of his injury last year. He'll be there late I think.

Too many other WR/RB vying for touches and targets in TEN: CJ, Greene, Britt, KWright, JHunter, NWashington, KWalter....along with Walker only being 6'0" and 28 years old & entering his 8th season with a career high of 29 rec in 2010. There's so many higher upside and better options for your TE2 late in drafts. Walker was a good signing for this team (great veteran presence and blocker), not for fantasy though. If he breaks out in any way for fantasy purposes I will be shocked.

#18 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,773 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Big call.

Only reason i like Cook is because he isn't much of a blocker (unlike Kendricks) and will HAVE to catch passes to be of any use. I think Tavon will be Sam's first read, but Cook will be the 2nd if Tavon isn't open.

He has never been a big pass catcher though, just 73 catches in 3 seasons of college football and not many with the Titans either (although they ignored him at times).

I think Bradford is a much better QB than Locker. Just my opinion though, and I think Bradford will make very good use of his new weapon. I think he gave Kendricks every chance in the world, but Kendricks kept dropping passes during the regular season.

#19 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Walker was a good signing for this team (great veteran presence and blocker), not for fantasy though. If he breaks out in any way for fantasy purposes I will be shocked.

I agree 100%. I love the signing for Tennessee but I don't see him being fantasy relevant in anything but the deepest of deep leagues.

#20 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Seattle's team is starting to get overloaded with weapons, and when that happens, it's hard to rely on the players every week (Saints, Packers, etc). And we know they're still a run-first offense. I'd much rather grab Cook's upside.

Miller is an interesting late pick for a deep league though. Could be serviceable most weeks if they utilize him. I picked him up from the FA pool in 2009 when he had his breakout year on the Raiders (it was my first year back playing FF in almost a decade, and my team was hurting at multiple positions).

I strongly agreed with Zach Miller coming back in a big way in 13 until the Hawks got Harvin. Now it feels like a bit of a toss up. The summer will tell us a thing or two. . . and I have a feeling I'll be at least as interested in taking a flier on Miller as I will be in taking one on Giant Beetlejuice.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting