Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

The Legend Continues...

6'6" 230lb WR, signed by the Colts.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#2 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

His nickname is JK.

WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

His official 2011 pro day numbers via NFL's BLESTO scouting services:

10yd: 1.47
40yd - Low: 4.49 - High: 4.55
VJ: 42" BJ: 10'11"
20yd shuttle: 3.84, 3cn: 6.60, 60yd shuttle: 10.85
Bench(225 lbs): 14 reps

#4 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Oh, and while I realize that his potential for solid production is a longshot for 2013, obviously I'm looking at these 6'6" WR's primarily for TD-heavy leagues initially (your rotational 3rd WR in 12-team or deeper leagues that start 3 WR's, you basically keep him on your bench in case of an injury to one of the Colts starting WR's, or until his mid-year breakout ala Josh Gordon).

Preseason should show how some of these under-the-radar guys will shake out (I believe a pair of 6'5" WR's were on the Dolphins roster last preseason, but showed poorly and were both cut).

However, this article does give a little bit of hope that we might see some kind of production out of Kelley in 2013 if he makes the team:

http://sports.yahoo....42183--nfl.html

“I’m talking like a scout here because that’s what I am,” said Grigson, who worked every job imaginable on his way to the GM role, beginning as a scout with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL in 1998. “But, to me, the guys that find players are the ones passionate about it and the guys that are willing to do the work.

“And the key word is finding. Scouts jobs are about finding talent. You have to literally find them, go search for them high and low. There is a vast number of human beings on the planet that are putting on a helmet and playing organized football.”

Grigson, who says hard work helps him form strong opinions on players, seemingly scoured the entire planet.

His first signing, ILB Jerrell Freeman, was the reigning CFL Defensive Player of the Year who, fittingly, played for the Roughriders. All Freeman did in his first NFL shot was start 16 games and set the franchise record for tackles in a season.

It was the first of many player-acquisition home runs — from the draft to trades to street free agents — for Grigson, who, among countless moves, completely turned over the team’s CB corps, acquiring Vontae Davis and Cassius Vaughn via trade and Darius Butler off waivers.

“What I’m most proud of, I think, of all things: I want to say we had seven guys — two guys from the UFL on our active roster (Teddy Williams and Matt Overton); Dominique Jones from the IFL, who was was active for six games; then you have Jerry Brown (formerly of the AFL), who, god rest his soul, was on our practice squad and active most of the year and Ty Nsekhe made our 53; Justin Hickman and Freeman both made our squad from the CFL.”

Grigson seems to be about finding players with potential and letting them prove their worth.  I think that gives no-name players the best chance to make an impact, if they can show their stuff when the time comes.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Seems he may be hanging out outside of the facilities with Matt Hasselbeck, which is mildly interesting.  Almost certainly can't hurt.

http://twitpic.com/cngwv4

Oh, and JK's official twitter account:

https://twitter.com/JK_Kelley

Edited by Robrain, 10 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#6 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

LaVon Brazil's suspension could open the door to him making final cuts if they end up releasing Brazil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users