Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Week 7 Waiver Wire Touts 5/13 - 5/19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

If Martin gets DL'd, Mike McKenry for the Pirates if you are in need of a cacther
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit, points league
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Lamb
SS: Asdrubal
IF: Hardy
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Harrison
U: Gattis, Alvarez, Moustakas
Bench: Ruf, Escobar, Sizemore, Grossman, Dietrich

SP: Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, deGrom, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Carrasco, Volquez, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman, Wada, Capuano
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Morris, Cecil, Giles
Prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Dahl, Schwarber, Carson Sands, Gillaspie, Medeiros, Luis Ortiz, Miguel A Gonzalez, Cameron Varga, Lorenzen, Lugo, Franmil Reyes, Chase Vallot, Adalberto Mejia, Mella, Heredia, Mike Montgomery, Joan Gregorio, Wendle, Jefry Rodriguez, Vaugh Bryan, Palka, Kevin Franklin, Juan De Leon, Willy Adames, Slegers, Hockin, Max George, Hentges, DeCarr, Tyler DeLoach, Josh Prevost, Amaurys Minier, Yu-Cheng Chang

#2 Sean-O

Sean-O

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Mitch Moreland is owned in 38% of cbs leagues. He's heating up & TEX has seven games this week all versus RH pitchers.

CBS - 12 Team League - PPR

QB (1) - Ryan

RB (2) - Charles, Vereen

WR (2) - Marshall, J. Nelson

WR/TE (1) - Sanu

DST (1) - streaming

K (1) - streaming

Bench - K. Davis, A. Williams, Mason, Cadet, Beckham 

Yahoo - 10 Team League - PPR

QB (1) - Foles

RB (2) - Lacy, M. Lynch

WR (2) - A. Brown, V. Jackson

W/R/T (1) - Edelman

DST (1) - streaming

K (1) - streaming

Bench - Romo, R. Bush, Cooks, Gates, Ivory, McKinnon

#3 countseth

countseth

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Mitch Moreland is owned in 38% of cbs leagues. He's heating up & TEX has seven games this week all versus RH pitchers.

I second that. Been waiting on him and he's starting to look good.

#4 RBIZ

RBIZ

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hector Santiago

#5 Caelum

Caelum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

Jon Jay has seven games at home, six against righties and the one lefty in Jon Niese, who's badly struggling and Jay has a .429 career average against. Hitting .333 or better against five of his seven opponents, and he was hitting .406 in May coming into Sunday. May be a week to think of streaming him if you have room.
10-team mixed, 5x5

C: Ramos, Mesoraco
1B: Vargas; 2B: Carpenter; SS: D. Santana; 3B: Donaldson
MI: Wong; CI: Uribe
OF: Crawford, Soler, Dickerson, Eaton, Pearce
U: Ortiz
SP: Cueto, Iwakuma, A. Wood, Pineda, Fiers, Carrasco
RP: Chapman, Storen, Doolittle, Britton
Bench: Inciarte, Betts, Marisnick, Petit, Lohse, Peavy

#6 dorsett33

dorsett33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Scott Kazmir. Velocity seems to be back...and knock on wood he is healthy. Gets the Phillies on Tuesday.

#7 TheWrightStuff

TheWrightStuff

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

what are people's thoughts on Gast for the Cardinals?

Edited by TheWrightStuff, 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

2013 CHAMP!- Field of Dreams (10 team, H2H, 5x5 [TB/OBP/R/SB/RBI...QS/W/K/ERA/WHIP]-No RP)

2014:
C-C.Santana (1B/3B), S.Vogt (1B/OF)
1B-F.Freeman, A.Craig (OF)
2B-N.Walker, J.Harrison (3B/OF)
3B- M.Machado, C.McGehee (1B)
SS- B.Zobrist (2B/OF), X.Bogaerts(3B)
OF-A.McCutchen, Y.Puig, J.Bautista (1B), S.Pearce (1B), M.Byrd, B.Revere

SP-Y.Darvish, G.Cole, J.Shields, C.Hamels, H.Iwakuma, AJ Burnett, H.Bailey,
J.Lackey,D.Hutchison, J.deGrom, C.Morton, J.Quintana, JA Happ, J.Kelly

N/A: N.Syndergaard

Let's go, Mets!

#8 Nick Mitchell

Nick Mitchell

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Lucas Duda is only owned at 12% (-1% as well, for some reason?) in Yahoo! leagues and he should be picked up by anyone who needs some pop in their outfield or out of a UTL position (if your league has one). I believe he is both NL and AL worthy, and unless your league is of the 10 teams or less variety and you have thin rosters and an all-star at nearly every position and then some to choose from off of the wire, I say add him.

He's putting up Adam Dunn-esque numbers, but much better than what Dunn is doing at this point. Currently, Duda's triple-slash is .225/.368/.510 and he's sporting a healthy .878 OPS in just over 100 AB on the year. He has totaled 23 hits, and 8 have gone for home runs with 4 going for doubles. 12 out of 23 for extra bases... so a little bit more than 50% of his hits are going for extra bases, and if you're in a league that counts more than the standard 5 categories, he could help out a lot with your slugging % (and even if your not, his OBP is nice, and can only get better if and when his average creeps up about .20-.30 points like it probably will). He does have only 12 RBI, but hey, that's playing for the Mets and what it will do for you... but this is also why he's a waiver pickup, or at least a tout, though!
He also has 22 walks to 33 strikeouts at the moment, which is pretty solid. He should continue to get on base and hit for power, but how many runs he will drive in and how high his average will creep up is beyond me. If anyone who watches the Mets and has seen Duda hit lately wants to chime in, that would be great. Oh yeah, he has 17 Runs on the year. So despite only having 12 RBI total, he is getting around the bases and to home plate often enough, may be a product or combination of where he is batting in their order most of the time (??...) and his on-base skills.

Either way, if you're in an OBP league and he's on the wire and you need OF help, pick him up. If you're in a 6x6 or 7x7, or any type of league that counts SLG%, again, I would suggest to pick him up. He's a nice, cheap get, and if he keeps hitting his ownership will rise. If Ryan Raburn was up to 30%, there is no reason Duda should be so low (unless the appeal of 2B is that strong).

Last of all, Duda is currently eligible in the OF at both LF and RF, for those in Yahoo! leagues which have position-specific OF slots.
let your members encourage my suicide. besides, I kinda wanna _

#9 Arch

Arch

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Don't forget Brandon Belt (30% Y! and 12% ESPN), plays 2 games @TOR then 4 @COL and has 5 hits in last 4 games (5/12 with 4 RBI total and a HR last game). Could be a nice week ahead

Edited by Arch, 13 May 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#10 NYG2302

NYG2302

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

For those in AL only leagues, I would STRONGLY recommend taking a look at the Detroit Tiger's Avisail Garcia. He's been called up from AAA to replace Austin Jackson since he went on the DL with a hamstring injury. He's one of their top hitting prospects and will be inserted in a very good lineup. He possesses an intriguing amount of power and speed and is also tremendous defensively. If he plays well he might be able to stay with the club if Andy Dirks goes cold again.He's basically unowned (0.2% ESPN, 2% Yahoo!, 7% CBS).

Edited by NYG2302, 14 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

A veteran fantasy sports player/commissioner for the better part of a decade, I am a contributing writer for several major fantasy websites including RotoExperts.com and Going9Baseball.com. I am always willing to share my advice and opinions on your questions and the latest fantasy news. Feel free to contact me with any sports related inquires on twitter @Roto_Wizard, or by e-mail at Evan.Tarracciano@rotoexperts.com

#11 Vagos_scp

Vagos_scp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

Anyone got any good streaming pitchers this week?

#12 octapuss

octapuss

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Great call. Three homers so far.
16 Team Dynasty League /  Weekly Head 2 Head / 14 by 14 Roto

C-   Lucroy
1B - Gonzalez, Napoli, Adams
2B - Altuve
3B - Longoria
SS - Reyes, Owings
LF - Gordon
CF - Jennings, Martin
RF - Markikis

DL -

SP - Cobb, A. Sanchez, Salazar, Niese, Fister, Wheeler, Kennedy
RP - Street, Perkins, Wilson

Batting - 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, BB, R, RBI, SB, HBP, IBB,   / (negative points)  K, GIDP, CS, E
Pitching - IP, W, SV, K, HD, CG, SO / (negative points) BB, HB, ER, L, BS, H, WP

#13 LIONS FAN-dsn

LIONS FAN-dsn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I just don't feel there are many good ones, but here are some that I have looked at:

Detwiler @ LAD
Parker @ KC (risky)
Griffin @ KC
Liriano @ Milwaukee

I'd still wait on Kazmir for his next start as well, velocity was there but maybe it was just one of those games you get a few ER and he could bounce back on Sunday?

Team 1: (12 Team PPR)
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - LeVeonBell
WR- Torrey Smith
WR- Golden Tate
TE - Kyle Rudolph
flex- Pierre Thomas
d/st- Bengals
K - Nick Folk

Bench: Ryan Mathews, Brandin Cooks, Khiry Robinson, Mike Evans, Colin Kaepernick

#14 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I just don't feel there are many good ones, but here are some that I have looked at:

Detwiler @ LAD
Parker @ KC (risky)
Griffin @ KC
Liriano @ Milwaukee

I'd still wait on Kazmir for his next start as well, velocity was there but maybe it was just one of those games you get a few ER and he could bounce back on Sunday?

@ Pittsburgh. If this game was @ Milwaukee, I wouldn't even consider starting Liriano, and I'm one of those guys who can't never get enough of the dude, regardless of the past.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#15 FantasyFiend

FantasyFiend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Derek Dietrich...rookie 2B on Marlins. Batted #3 last night & showing he can handle MLB pitching (6/15 1 HR 4 RBIs first 4 games). Marlins will give him a lot of rope to succeed. Definitely worth a look in all dynasty leagues given the Marlins propensity to find prospects that succeed on the Major League level

#16 printscreen

printscreen

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Jeanmar Gomez vs Houston at home
Jeff Locke vs Houston at home
Ubaldo Jimenez vs Seattle at home

Edited by The Harsh, 15 May 2013 - 06:12 PM.
Removed BC content.

#17 einstein2u

einstein2u

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Dayan Vicideo (CBS 45%). heating up.

Edited by einstein2u, 15 May 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#18 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Jeanmar Gomez vs Houston at home
Jeff Locke vs Houston at home
Ubaldo Jimenez vs Seattle at home

risky.
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

#19 Wankspank

Wankspank

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Will Venable. Guy is doing everything right now. Had a hot September and has been great since the start of May. He has always had the talent and seems to be putting everything together.

Edited by Wankspank, 15 May 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#20 FantasyGenius

FantasyGenius

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Derek Dietrich...rookie 2B on Marlins. Batted #3 last night & showing he can handle MLB pitching (6/15 1 HR 4 RBIs first 4 games). Marlins will give him a lot of rope to succeed. Definitely worth a look in all dynasty leagues given the Marlins propensity to find prospects that succeed on the Major League level

Agreed, love this guy!