83 replies to this topic

#1 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Masterson looked great in the first inning, Phelps walked Bourn to leadoff bottom half.
14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Bourn, Smoak, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Morrow, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#2 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Bourn just got robbed on a stolen base, tag was high while foot was already on base but he was called out.  It was actually really close though

Edited by holyBrowns, 13 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
Bench: Bogaerts, Bourn, Smoak, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Morrow, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#3 cyberer

cyberer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,177 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostholyBrowns, on 13 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Bourn just got robbed on a stolen base, tag was high while foot was already on base but he was called out.

figures. I'm last in my league in SB largely because of bourn's absence- I could have used that bag.
SIG UPDATED TO INCLUDE FOOTBALL!

Purple Breesus   1st place place in points/standings

12 Team PPR

QB Brees
WR1 Dez Bryant
WR2 Demaryius Thomas
WR3 Jordy Nelson
RB1 Adrian Peterson
RB2 Darren Sproles
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Kendall Wright OR Pierre Thomas OR Bobby Rainey

K Crosby
DEF Saints, Jets (playing weekly matchups)

BENCH: Mike Tolbert, Mario Manningham, Miles Austin, Cordarrelle Patterson, Chris Ogbonnaya

#4 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Kipnis BOMB

#5 bturn10

bturn10

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostholyBrowns, on 13 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Bourn just got robbed on a stolen base, tag was high while foot was already on base but he was called out.  It was actually really close though

yeeeup, definitely looked safe, annoying.

#6 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

That really was a bomb by Kipnis.... Dude has looked great lately.
No Days Off

#7 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

One infield hit and Masterson goes from dominant to no control just like that.

Got out of a bases loaded jam with a strikeout, could just as easily been a walk.

Edited by holyBrowns, 13 May 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#8 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Jason Giambi hits ahead of Carlos Santana still? Jesus what an idiot Francona is.

#9 Flacco2Rice

Flacco2Rice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Reynolds should be batting 4th...
12 Team AL-ONLY, 5x5 Roto

C-Salvador Perez
1B - Albert Puljos
2B - Ryan Flaherty, Nick Franklin ( Minors)
SS - JJ Hardy
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Kole Calhoun, Adam Eaton, Nori Aoki, Chris Carter, Colby Rasmus
UT - Mark Teixiera
DH - Edwin Encarnacion

SP - Weaver, Moore(DL), Kuroda, Erasmo Ramirez, Jared Cosart, Miguel Gonzalez, Tanner Scheppers, Drew Hutchinson, Erik Bedard, Ricky Nolasco
RP - Santos,Mujica, Shawn Kelley.

#10 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

I don't mind Reynolds batting behind Santana. Protect your best hitter. I'd like to see

Bourn
Kipnis
Swisher
Santana
Reynolds
Cabrera
Giambi

as the top 7

Swap out Kipnis and Cabrera depending on who is hot and who is not.

Edited by NoClownQuestionsBro, 13 May 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#11 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

It is an odd lineup, but I'm not going to argue with Francona and act like I could manage a big league lineup better than he could, he has the Tribe tied for first in the Central.

#12 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,018 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 13 May 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Jason Giambi hits ahead of Carlos Santana still? Jesus what an idiot Francona is.

Yeah I dont care what their record is, this is indefensible. A part time player whos been on the decline for years should not be batting in front of a young up and coming building block like Santana.
"Everyone's gotta price.  Everyone's gonna pay!"

#13 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostholyBrowns, on 13 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

It is an odd lineup, but I'm not going to argue with Francona and act like I could manage a big league lineup better than he could, he has the Tribe tied for first in the Central.

Logical fallacy. Appealing to authority is a surefire way of finding yourself up you know what's creek without a paddle.

Just because he's the manager doesn't mean he's right. Just because he has them first in the Central doesn't mean he's right.

It makes no sense. You can argue with him because he's very likely wrong. It's going to bite him at some point. LIke today. Would it be nice to have those 2 walks out of the four spot?

#14 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

And for the second time today Santana is in scoring position and Brantley and Stubbs fail to deliver. As a Santana owner, I'm pretty ticked off that their best hitter is hitting so low in the lineup that he's going to have very limited RBI opportunities and very limited R scored opportunities.

#15 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 13 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Logical fallacy. Appealing to authority is a surefire way of finding yourself up you know what's creek without a paddle.

Just because he's the manager doesn't mean he's right. Just because he has them first in the Central doesn't mean he's right.

It makes no sense. You can argue with him because he's very likely wrong. It's going to bite him at some point. LIke today. Would it be nice to have those 2 walks out of the four spot?

Swisher isn't getting jack to hit, that's for sure.  I personally just don't like having Giambi on the team if it's going to lead to an unorthodox lineup where two of your best hitters are hitting at the bottom of the lineup.  Maybe he was trying to setup Brantley (high average hitter) with runners on? I dunno.

#16 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I can't even think of a good logical reason. Santana has been killing the ball during day games. He gets on base so much. The only reason I could think of is that Francona knows how well Santana gets on base and wants someone on base later in the lineup? That barely makes any sense, but I couldn't really come up with any other reason.

Maybe he knows Giambi is back on roids?
No Days Off

#17 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostholyBrowns, on 13 May 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Swisher isn't getting jack to hit, that's for sure.  I personally just don't like having Giambi on the team if it's going to lead to an unorthodox lineup where two of your best hitters are hitting at the bottom of the lineup.  Maybe he was trying to setup Brantley (high average hitter) with runners on? I dunno.

There's nothing wrong with GIambi on a team. Hit him 7th or something. All I know is that good thing Hafner didn't re-sign. Francona likely hits him third.

#18 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 13 May 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostholyBrowns, on 13 May 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with GIambi on a team. Hit him 7th or something. All I know is that good thing Hafner didn't re-sign. Francona likely hits him third.

Has he hit Giambi lower than the 5 hole at all this year?

#19 slaphitter

slaphitter

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

How's Phelps look?

#20 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postslaphitter, on 13 May 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

How's Phelps look?

Very good location besides the walks. Keeping hitters off balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users