Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Brett Pill 2013 OutlookSF Giant, tearing it up in the PCL


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 strahanfan92

strahanfan92

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

#2 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Ok
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#3 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostMax Rockatansky, on 13 May 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Ok

A-Ok

#4 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

He mashes every year in the PCL. I wouldn't get too excited for him. He has gotten the call the last few years with limited playing time once he's there. He got hurt last season after hitting .200 in 100+ ABs. He can obviously hit the ball with some authority, but don't expect him to play every day.

I hope I'm wrong because I would love to see him fill the Left field void

Edited by Stickfig13, 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM.


#5 sfdevil

sfdevil

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

He mashes every year in the PCL. I wouldn't get too excited for him. He has gotten the call the last few years with limited playing time once he's there. He got hurt last season after hitting .200 in 100+ ABs. He can obviously hit the ball with some authority, but don't expect him to play every day.
to add on to this, yes, he has power, but he's 29, has a hole in his swing and is a classic AAAA hack in the mold of john bowker.

this news is most relevant only to those who roster brandon belt, imo.

#6 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Postsfdevil, on 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

He mashes every year in the PCL. I wouldn't get too excited for him. He has gotten the call the last few years with limited playing time once he's there. He got hurt last season after hitting .200 in 100+ ABs. He can obviously hit the ball with some authority, but don't expect him to play every day.
to add on to this, yes, he has power, but he's 29, has a hole in his swing and is a classic AAAA hack in the mold of john bowker.

this news is most relevant only to those who roster brandon belt, imo.

He's 28, but I agree with everything you said. The PCL inflates every hitter who plays there. Every stadium is a launching pad. At 28 he's not the future, but could possibly be showcased for a deal before the deadline.

I played ball with John Bowker in Sac so I have nothing bad to say in regards to that comp :)

#7 sfdevil

sfdevil

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

View Postsfdevil, on 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

He mashes every year in the PCL. I wouldn't get too excited for him. He has gotten the call the last few years with limited playing time once he's there. He got hurt last season after hitting .200 in 100+ ABs. He can obviously hit the ball with some authority, but don't expect him to play every day.
to add on to this, yes, he has power, but he's 29, has a hole in his swing and is a classic AAAA hack in the mold of john bowker.

this news is most relevant only to those who roster brandon belt, imo.

He's 28, but I agree with everything you said. The PCL inflates every hitter who plays there. Every stadium is a launching pad. At 28 he's not the future, but could possibly be showcased for a deal before the deadline.

I played ball with John Bowker in Sac so I have nothing bad to say in regards to that comp :)
well that wasnt a diss to John...more of my evaluation of him as a MLB player/hitter...and fantasy asset :)

Edited by sfdevil, 13 May 2013 - 03:58 PM.


#8 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postsfdevil, on 13 May 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

View Postsfdevil, on 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

View PostStickfig13, on 13 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

In 32 games, .341 with 9 homers and 47 rbis!

He mashes every year in the PCL. I wouldn't get too excited for him. He has gotten the call the last few years with limited playing time once he's there. He got hurt last season after hitting .200 in 100+ ABs. He can obviously hit the ball with some authority, but don't expect him to play every day.
to add on to this, yes, he has power, but he's 29, has a hole in his swing and is a classic AAAA hack in the mold of john bowker.

this news is most relevant only to those who roster brandon belt, imo.

He's 28, but I agree with everything you said. The PCL inflates every hitter who plays there. Every stadium is a launching pad. At 28 he's not the future, but could possibly be showcased for a deal before the deadline.

I played ball with John Bowker in Sac so I have nothing bad to say in regards to that comp :)
well that wasnt a diss to John...more of my evaluation of him as a MLB player/hitter...and fantasy asset :)

I agree with the comp. Both hackers cut from the same mold.

I think Pill could provide some power off the bench. Especially when they go into Toronto. He will most likely DH.

Could be a good find in a deep NL only

#9 Clipse

Clipse

    Triple-A

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Going to struggle to get much time and the time. Not to mention, as said before in this thread, he's more AAAA than anything.
12 Team Roto:

C - Victor Martinez, 1B - Michael Morse, 2B - Aaron Hill, 3B - Evan Longoria, SS - Jhonny Peralta, OF - Rajai Davis, Eric Young , Jayson Werth, UTIL - Sterling Marte, Dan Uggla

Bench: Jonathan Villar, A-Rod, Junior Lake, Matt Kemp

Starters: Johnny Cueto, Jose Fernandez, Madison Bumgarner, Jered Weaver, Matt Cain

Relievers: Addison Reed, Edward Mujica, Koji Uehara, Brad Zielger, Mark Melancon

#10 strahanfan92

strahanfan92

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thanks guys, perspective like this is why I love this board. I am a Belt owner and was curious if Pill is somebody I should be thinking about.

#11 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Poststrahanfan92, on 13 May 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Thanks guys, perspective like this is why I love this board. I am a Belt owner and was curious if Pill is somebody I should be thinking about.

You should think about him. He has the most RBI in professional baseball through today. Do I think he will dig into Belt's playing time? Maybe, but they could also play either guy in Left Field. Belt is the man for now. Stay tuned though

#12 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Will only get at bats vs lefties. If thats what you want then go for him

#13 avatoot

avatoot

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Does anybody know if he has played and OF this season at AAA? I can see him DH'ing in Toronto for two games but than is there a possiblilty he plays LF ahead of Blanco? 4 games at Coors after the Toronto series never hurt anyone.
12 Team H2H Cats 8X8 $League
Hitting Categories: R. HR. RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, SLG

Pitching Categories: W, SV, K, TB, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS
C -   McCann

1B - V. Martinez
2B - Kinsler
3B - Sandoval
SS - Segura

OF - Blackmon
OF - Granderson

OF - A. Jackson
Util - Jhonny Peralta
Util - David Murphy
BN - C. Santana, Plouffe, Cuddyer
DL - Profar
NA - Gregory Polanco
SP - Darvish, Greinke, Liriano, Wacha, Cueto, Buchholz, D. Hutchison, Eovaldi
RP - K. Jansen, Rosenthal, S. Santos, C. Janssen

DL - Kershaw
NA - Enny Romero

#14 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Not in the lineup today. God bless Bruce, but it would be nice to have some pop in Left Field. Whether it's Belt or Pill

#15 fourstar

fourstar

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

He will not play any LF baring a catastrophic string of injuries in one game
C: Lucroy
1B Votto
2B: Altuve
SS: Reyes
3B: Donaldson
OF: McCutchen, Beltran, Springer
UTL: A. Gonzalez
SP: Strasburg, Cole, Gray, Burnett, Ventura, Lohse, Ross
RP: Balfour, Soria, Santos
Bench: Ozuna, Rendon, Aoki
DL: Janssen, Kelly

#16 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postfourstar, on 14 May 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

He will not play any LF baring a catastrophic string of injuries in one game

Started 7 games there last year. Never say never.

#17 fourstar

fourstar

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Yeah but that was when we couldn't score a run to save our lives. I'm pretty sure they prefer the defense of blanco/Torres over having to get pill in on more than the spot start.

I actually like pill but he's up as some pop off the bench and maybe spell belt against the occasional lefty
C: Lucroy
1B Votto
2B: Altuve
SS: Reyes
3B: Donaldson
OF: McCutchen, Beltran, Springer
UTL: A. Gonzalez
SP: Strasburg, Cole, Gray, Burnett, Ventura, Lohse, Ross
RP: Balfour, Soria, Santos
Bench: Ozuna, Rendon, Aoki
DL: Janssen, Kelly

#18 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postfourstar, on 14 May 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Yeah but that was when we couldn't score a run to save our lives. I'm pretty sure they prefer the defense of blanco/Torres over having to get pill in on more than the spot start.

I actually like pill but he's up as some pop off the bench and maybe spell belt against the occasional lefty

Blanco and Torres aren't the answer in LF. I don't think Pill is defensively, but I would take his bat in the lineup over both of those guys.

#19 fourstar

fourstar

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

I know this is a fantasy board but for winning real games I would take the speed and defense any day if the week considering how this team is constructed over getting Pill in there. It's not like we aren't scoring at the moment.
C: Lucroy
1B Votto
2B: Altuve
SS: Reyes
3B: Donaldson
OF: McCutchen, Beltran, Springer
UTL: A. Gonzalez
SP: Strasburg, Cole, Gray, Burnett, Ventura, Lohse, Ross
RP: Balfour, Soria, Santos
Bench: Ozuna, Rendon, Aoki
DL: Janssen, Kelly

#20 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postfourstar, on 14 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

I know this is a fantasy board but for winning real games I would take the speed and defense any day if the week considering how this team is constructed over getting Pill in there. It's not like we aren't scoring at the moment.

Career .992 Fielding Pct in the Minors

0 errors in the OF in the majors/minors

Doesn't mean much because it's a small sample, but he might be better than we think




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users