Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Dickerson 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

This guy has always intrigued me. He has decent power and great speed, but just needed a chance to show it for an extended period. Now that Reimold has gone to the DL, he may finally be getting that chance. Hit a long 3 run homer last night, and singled again today in the first. If he shines with his chance, he can definitely win AB's over the underwhelming Reimold/Betemit when they are healthy. He has the potential to put up a 15/20 year if he gets a good number of AB's. I'm certainly intrigued and keeping my eye on him, and if he proves that he is getting the DH AB's over Pearce, I may be inclined to take a shot on him.
Bring back Ray!

#2 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

I don't really think there is much to see here from the 31 year old... I mean he doesn't exactly have noteworthy numbers in any level of play. Maybe in DEEP AL only leagues he could provide something otherwise I don't think he has any fantasy value.

#3 Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Wow

Every scrub has his own thread now
Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7......

#4 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Last year, he put up 2 homers and 3 steals in only 17 PA's with the Yankees during the season. He's not going to be a type of player that changes your team and takes you to first, but he has potential to be good, and needs a chance. If he's going to get everyday AB's, he may bring back production.
Bring back Ray!

#5 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Last year, he put up 2 homers and 3 steals in only 17 PA's with the Yankees during the season. He's not going to be a type of player that changes your team and takes you to first, but he has potential to be good, and needs a chance. If he's going to get everyday AB's, he may bring back production.

That type of productivity can happen all the time to any player, it is WAY too small of a sample size to base anything off of.

Edited by Ragnaroker, 18 May 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#6 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

HR to center leading off the 3rd tonight. I know nobody else seems to like him, but I still do.
Bring back Ray!

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Make it 2 for him. I'm telling you, Dickerson has talent, and may be getting his shot now. In deep leagues where your hurting for OFers, he's well worth the add, in shalower leagues, he's more of a guy you monitor to see if his playing time will stick.
Bring back Ray!

#8 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

The guy is a journeyman. Nothing more

#9 overkill94

overkill94

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't discount this guy quite yet. He was never a great prospect so it's not surprising that he never got a chance at a full-time job in the majors, but conveniently he has about a full season's worth of plate appearances in his major league career:

631 PA, 549 AB, 12 HR, 28 SB, .270/.352/.412

Numbers good enough that he should've gotten an extended look at some point, but happened to play for teams with quality outfields (Cincy, Milwaukee, and NYY). I'm not saying he'll break out and all of a sudden become a stud, but now that he has a decent opportunity I could see him producing 14-team mixed level numbers if given at-bats for the rest of the season.

#10 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

1/3 with a run scored and steal tonight.
Bring back Ray!

#11 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

I guess this isn't his chance. He still showed good when he was starting those few games, but he sat the last 3 days and is out again today. He still looked good in the playing time he got. Hopefully he gets another shot soon.
Bring back Ray!

#12 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

The beast that is Dickerson was active tonight. Walk off BOMB tonight! Don't be so quick to rule out Dickerson. He's great and special when he gets AB's.
Bring back Ray!

#13 phillyloveslee

phillyloveslee

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Does this guy get everyday ABs with Reimold out? My league is pretty deep and there's nothing better on the wire, so I'd take the chance if he's playing everyday. He always seemed like a 20/20 threat if he got the ABs.

#14 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Does this guy get everyday ABs with Reimold out? My league is pretty deep and there's nothing better on the wire, so I'd take the chance if he's playing everyday. He always seemed like a 20/20 threat if he got the ABs.

He still has days off. Games played recently: 5/25, 5/27, 6/1, 6/2, 6/6, 6/7. I like him too, but managing a lineup to include him would take a little work.