#1 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hot off the press from RW:

The Nashville Tennessean suggests Kenny Britt's trouble-free offseason could be a "launching pad" for Britt's breakout year.
Beat reporter Jim Wyatt writes that Britt "by all accounts" got serious this offseason, and "impressed coaches and teammates" by reporting to spring workouts in prime physical condition. Britt is in a contract season and can still salvage his All-Pro talent going on age 25. While Tennessee's QB situation is an obvious concern, Britt offers mammoth upside for a likely mid-round fantasy pick.

Source: Nashville Tennessean
May 24 - 5:50 PM

I'm pretty sure nobody believes in him anymore, so he is easy to get. He was pretty underwhelming with Locker throwing to him last year, but could the upgrade in offensive personnel help him like some expect it to help Chris Johnson? They also have Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#2 Jaw

Jaw

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've been targeting him late in drafts....few people in like 8-10 round range have his upside. Two years ago before he hurt his knee he looked like an absolute stud....he probably won't pan out due to ineptness of Locker and didn't seem the same after returning from injury last season but who knows

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,407 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I like him primarily due to his ADP.

To this point though, he's been like the WR version of Ryan Mathews and Darren McFadden.

#madupsidehypetrainbros
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#4 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,407 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

That said, I'm mainly interested in him in my TD-heavy league as a rotational WR3 during prime matchups (vs. NE, vs. NO, vs. GB, etc). He's definitely a guy with enough upside that if you can land him as your first bench WR, he'll give you a pretty good chance of not experiencing that much of a drop in production during your starting WR's bye weeks.

His true value is basically that you don't have to draft him as a starter.  You're comparing him to guys like Brian Quick or some such flier WR, essentially.

FFCalculator has him (ADP-wise) going next to WRs Anquan Boldin, Lance Moore, Jeremy Maclin, TB Mike Williams, DeAndre Hopkins (HOU #2 WR), Emmanuel Sanders, and Aaron Dobson:

http://fantasyfootba...tor.com/adp.php

The 4 WR's going in the round before him (Britt is going mid-9th), are Josh Gordon, Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, and Cecil Shorts.  Not sure I see him leapfrogging any of those guys without a stellar showing in preseason.  Maybe Cecil, but only because Cecil plays for the Jags.

Danario Alexander is going 7.06.  Tavon Austin is going 6.08 (Austin's ADP reminds me of Julio's ADP post-hypetrain climb before his rookie season).

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#5 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

He will end up visiting Hoboken sometime soon and getting locked up again.

In all seriousness though he is someone that will have to fall pretty far for me to take him.   As of right now he gets an F in 2 of the basic tests I use to rank WRs.

1) Talent
2) Past health issues
3) Consist play at QB.

He has all the talent in the world so A+.  He has a garbage resume when it comes to health and he has a very very very inconsistent QB.  Of course these are not the only three things I use when ranking WRs but it's where I start.
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

A beat write says that a troubled, yet talented, player has turned over a new leaf?? It MUST be true!

But seriously, there's just too much risk here for me. It seems like this dude is always injured or suspended.

He could end up having a great season and staying out of trouble, but he won't be doing so on any of my rosters.

#7 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Should I handcuff with Titus Young? While I know this isn't the typical handcuff, they may not be in jail at the same time.
"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RW Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point all TDs, .5 ppr(slow drafting)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Reggie Bush
RB2: Pierre Thomas
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Cecil Shorts III
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Cincinnati Bengals/Arizona Cardinals
Bench: Travaris Cadet, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Mohammed Sanu Cole Beasley

#8 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostRyan81, on 25 May 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Should I handcuff with Titus Young? While I know this isn't the typical handcuff, they may not be in jail at the same time.

Anyone want to start a Fantasy Penal League mock?

Here's a cheat sheet: http://www.utsandieg...rests-database/

Edited by Winky, 25 May 2013 - 08:47 AM.

This post is rated "G".

#9 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 25 May 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

A beat write says that a troubled, yet talented, player has turned over a new leaf?? It MUST be true!

But seriously, there's just too much risk here for me. It seems like this dude is always injured or suspended.

He could end up having a great season and staying out of trouble, but he won't be doing so on any of my rosters.
not a lot of "risk" involved with him as your 4th wr though.  upside is through the roof and rounds 7-14 is where you take those types of "risks"

#10 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

8th round in 14 team leagues at the moment ... that's just a no brainer even if i am set at WR. his adp will probably climb if the positive reports keep rolling in ... but should still be able to get him 7th round or so. i'll take that everytime.

#swagcow247beastworkbellsideup

#11 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Jake Locker says Kenny Britt has been "explosive" at OTA practices and "looks great."
Britt's 2012 explosion was sapped by two knee surgeries, but Locker says there have been no lingering issues with the knee
*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

#12 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 26 May 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

8th round in 14 team leagues at the moment ... that's just a no brainer even if i am set at WR. his adp will probably climb if the positive reports keep rolling in ... but should still be able to get him 7th round or so. i'll take that everytime.

#swagcow247beastworkbellsideup

Yup. He can produce WR1 numbers and I still have faith he will.
Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Kaepernick, Rivers, Palmer
RB: Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Lacy, J. Franklin, Helu, Mike James, Todman
WR: J. Jones, Marshall, J. Gordon, C. Shorts, Bowe, DeAndrew Hopkins, Royal, Bailey
TE: Grownkowski, V. Davis, Luke Wilson
K:  Novak
D/ST: New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys

#13 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,407 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Him and Hakeem Nicks almost seem like the same player.

#14 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostRobrain, on 31 May 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

i'll take nicks in ppr, britt in ppaoom

#15 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

It's funny you say that. I remember when they came out in 2009 there was much debate in my main dynasty about which one of those two guys had a better chance to become a prominent fantasy commodity.

#16 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I wanted Britt, the local Rutgers stud.

Britt: 146/2354/19

Nicks: 255/3726/27

Nevermind.

#17 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 31 May 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

It's funny you say that. I remember when they came out in 2009 there was much debate in my main dynasty about which one of those two guys had a better chance to become a prominent fantasy commodity.

The correct answer would have been neither.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Cam Newton
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Bishop Sankey, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Kelvin Benjamin, Justin Hunter, Jordan Matthews
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce, Tim Wright

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Doug Martin, Ray Rice, LeGarrette Blount, Andre Williams
WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams
TE: Jordan Cameron, Dennis Pitta, Travis Kelce

#18 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostDeadpool, on 31 May 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

If the question is "which one has a better chance" then the answer inherently cannot be "neither", regardless of who the players in question are.

Anyway, I'd argue that Nicks has absolutely been a prominent fantasy player for significant spans of his career.

#19 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 31 May 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

View PostDeadpool, on 31 May 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

If the question is "which one has a better chance" then the answer inherently cannot be "neither", regardless of who the players in question are.

Anyway, I'd argue that Nicks has absolutely been a prominent fantasy player for significant spans of his career.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth after trading three guys (Harvin was one of them, I forget who else was involved) for Kenny Britt right after he had his monster two games. The first game I start him, he blows out his knee..
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Cam Newton
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Bishop Sankey, Mark Ingram, LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Kelvin Benjamin, Justin Hunter, Jordan Matthews
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce, Tim Wright

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Doug Martin, Ray Rice, LeGarrette Blount, Andre Williams
WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams
TE: Jordan Cameron, Dennis Pitta, Travis Kelce

#20 lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Dude sounds completely different this offseason. Usually he's not as excited and usually boring.

Dude soundsd like a rookie. Won't stop smiling  lol

http://www.titansonl...53-a3b3780a582a

Edited by lilkhmerkid4u, 01 June 2013 - 11:56 AM.

*12 TEAM - 1pt PPR *

QB - T. ROMO - M. VICK

RB - D.MARTIN - R.BUSH - A.BROWN

WR - D. BOWE - P.GARCON - A. BROWN

WR - J. BLACKMON -  J. GORDON - T. AUSTIN

TE - G.OLSEN - J. FINLEY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users