Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Kenny Britt 2013 Season Outlook#Madupsideswagbro


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
265 replies to this topic

#41 owenmills

owenmills

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

#42 Ruddskins

Ruddskins

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Too many risks to draft as WR3. I would draft after that but his upside is certainly at least WR2. With his health and focus history; all the reports are encouraging but you can't ignore the Locker issue. As long as he avoids injury will be the #1 guy in Tenn; but is brittle and unless they bench Locker his ceiling is capped.
Team 1: 10 team, PPR redraft league. All TDs 6pts:
QB Tony Romo, (Michael Vick)
Starting 2 RB: Doug Martin, Chris Johnson
Starting 3 WR: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, Hakeem Nicks
W/R Reggie Bush (E. Lacy, C Ivory, M Austin, A Jeffery, L. Hankerson)
TE Jared Cook
Def Arz
K Matt Prater

Team 2: 10 team, 0.5 PPR redraft league. All TDs 6pts
QB Robert Griffin III (Tony Romo)
Starting 2 RB: Trent Richardson, Alfred Morris
Starting 2 WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson
W/T Marques Colston (A. Boldin, R. Gronkowski, K. Britt, E. Sanders, D. Hopkins)
W/R/T Daryl Richardson (C. Ivory, K. Hunter, J. Cook)
Def Arz
K Dan Bailey

#43 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

What intrigues me in a dynasty is that his contract is up after this year.  If he signs with a team who has even a competent QB that is somewhat accurate, he could be back on the WR1 radar.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#44 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postguru, on 09 August 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

View PostFFCollusion, on 09 August 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

Locker averaged just under 200 yards and 1 TD a game last year.  I don't see him making anyone a WR1 end of season, yet alone on a reliable weekly basis.  I know Britt has done it, I know he's talented, but with Washington healthy, Wright potentially the actual #1 WR for the team, and good things out of camp from Justin Hunter, a commitment to the run game, CJ?K being far more involved in the pass game, and the likely hood that Tenn see (Assuming they make it there) are going to put the ball in anyones hands but Lockers at the goal line.  I simply don't see a WR1 ceiling.  I don't think the offense can legitimately produce one.  Without an injury to a big name, I see absolutely no way Britt can beat out guys with the talent AND situation.  Unless Locker takes a dramatic step forward, or Fitzpatrick takes over, I'm simply not interested.  If either of these happens though, I'd buy Britt at his current ADP.

pulled this up randomly-- he's the 36th WR off the board, 10th round adp in 10-team leagues, 8th round in 12 team leagues. what's wrong with his current ADP
Haha yeah that is literally taking a shot at a guy who won't crack your starting lineup. Of course that depends on if you are taking a kicker and defense in the 7th and 8th round.
10 team - H2H Daily
C - Salvador Perez
1B - Votto
2B - Ackley
SS - Tulo
3B - Plouffe
OF1 - Trout
OF2 - Beltran
OF3 - Rios
DH - Hosmer
Bench - R. Zimmerman, LaRoche, Prado, Grady Sizemore, Byrd, Yan Gomes, K. Morales
SP1 - Fernandez
SP2 - Cueto
SP3 - Teheran
SP4 - Salazar
SP5 - Kluber
SP6 - A. Wood
SP7 - Pineda
RP1 - Soria RP2 - KRod
Bench - H. Alvarez, T. Ross, T. Walker, Bradley, Colon, Elias, Volquez, Bedard, DiceK, L. Hawkins, Alex Meyer, Koehler

#45 guru

guru

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

you know every year, he just managed enough catches to hit his highest escalation bonuses? britt is going to get paid next year.

#46 MetsSox

MetsSox

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parts Unkn

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Kenny Britt continues to insist that his knees feel "great."
Britt has missed the last two days of practice due to swelling in his right knee, but it's just precautionary. He's expected to play in Saturday's exhibition game against the Bengals. Britt had just one catch for three yards on three targets in the preseason opener, playing 22 snaps. He remains long on raw talent and short on quarterback play.

Swelling still? Not good to hear.
QUOTE (MetsSox @ Jul 1 2008, 04:29 PM) Get mad when your fantasy pitchers get ground outs and fly outs instead of strikeouts.

QUOTE (markdash @ Jul 1 2008, 07:20 PM) I don't think that makes you a junkie, I think it makes you a loon.

Who doesn't take an out?

#47 Deadpool

Deadpool

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostMetsSox, on 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Kenny Britt continues to insist that his knees feel "great."
Britt has missed the last two days of practice due to swelling in his right knee, but it's just precautionary. He's expected to play in Saturday's exhibition game against the Bengals. Britt had just one catch for three yards on three targets in the preseason opener, playing 22 snaps. He remains long on raw talent and short on quarterback play.

Swelling still? Not good to hear.

Seriously, not good at all.  His knee still swelling up from just some preseason action.
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#48 Anthony1

Anthony1

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Honestly, I think this guy is done.

Don't get it twisted, he'll be serviceable as a WR3 in spot starts (bye weeks injuries), but anybody hoping they are going to catch lightening in a bottle again with him needs to look elsewhere.
Playoff League Roster
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Legarrette Blount
RB - Montee Ball
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Eric Decker
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - need to pick up a FA
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Carolina Panthers

Bench

RB - Trent Richardson
WR - Griff Whalen
K - Nick Novak

#49 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostMetsSox, on 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Kenny Britt continues to insist that his knees feel "great."
Britt has missed the last two days of practice due to swelling in his right knee, but it's just precautionary. He's expected to play in Saturday's exhibition game against the Bengals. Britt had just one catch for three yards on three targets in the preseason opener, playing 22 snaps. He remains long on raw talent and short on quarterback play.

Swelling still? Not good to hear.

I read that as "precautionary swelling".  Seems legit.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#50 owenmills

owenmills

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Poor bastard could've been special. He'll always have one foot on the IR and one on a banana peel.

#51 Roto4500

Roto4500

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postowenmills, on 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

If he produced like that 3 game stretch, he'd be a WR1, not a WR3. So he doesn't have to do that to provide value at WR3.

#52 WalterWhite

WalterWhite

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostDeadpool, on 13 August 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

View PostMetsSox, on 13 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Kenny Britt continues to insist that his knees feel "great."
Britt has missed the last two days of practice due to swelling in his right knee, but it's just precautionary. He's expected to play in Saturday's exhibition game against the Bengals. Britt had just one catch for three yards on three targets in the preseason opener, playing 22 snaps. He remains long on raw talent and short on quarterback play.

Swelling still? Not good to hear.


Seriously, not good at all.  His knee still swelling up from just some preseason action.
Don't know if this helps anyone but even tho he hasn't practiced he has been out there and jogging around/ catching passes from staff. The dude jumps up and chest bumps everyone after tds(not that many the other night because locker is locker)
If my #1wr had knee issues I think I would ban running jumping chest bumps. Just a thought munchak

#53 ZayMonay

ZayMonay

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Let's not forget when he was puting up big numbers a couple of years ago it was old man hasselback who was slinging it to him. Too risky for me, never seen the connection with him and the Pick Locker

#54 owenmills

owenmills

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostRoto4500, on 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

If he produced like that 3 game stretch, he'd be a WR1, not a WR3. So he doesn't have to do that to provide value at WR3.

Agreed. What I meant was I don't think he's a strong bet to produce even WR3 numbers. That 3 game stretch is just a wet dream at this point, even if he had 2 good knees he's not doing that with Locker.

#55 CurlyDumps

CurlyDumps

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

He's only 24 years old.  Surprised?  I was.   I'd tap the breaks on any "he's done" talk.  See if he plays in preseason game #3, etc.  He could be a tremendous value this year.

#56 Deadpool

Deadpool

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

What does his age have to do with the fact that he's always hurt?
$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#57 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postowenmills, on 13 August 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostRoto4500, on 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

If he produced like that 3 game stretch, he'd be a WR1, not a WR3. So he doesn't have to do that to provide value at WR3.

Agreed. What I meant was I don't think he's a strong bet to produce even WR3 numbers. That 3 game stretch is just a wet dream at this point, even if he had 2 good knees he's not doing that with Locker.

People need to understand that Kenny Britt returning to WR1 value is probably even more of a longshot than Darren McFadden returning to RB1 value.

And I love McFadden.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#58 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostRobrain, on 13 August 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 13 August 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostRoto4500, on 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

If he produced like that 3 game stretch, he'd be a WR1, not a WR3. So he doesn't have to do that to provide value at WR3.

Agreed. What I meant was I don't think he's a strong bet to produce even WR3 numbers. That 3 game stretch is just a wet dream at this point, even if he had 2 good knees he's not doing that with Locker.

People need to understand that Kenny Britt returning to WR1 value is probably even more of a longshot than Darren McFadden returning to RB1 value.

And I love McFadden.

But he will also come cheaper then McFadden on draft day.

I would still take a chance on Britt depending on his price.
No Days Off

#59 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

View Postklove42, on 13 August 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 13 August 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 13 August 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostRoto4500, on 13 August 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

View Postowenmills, on 09 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

I don't think drafting him as your WR3 is great value. It's not terrible, but I just don't think he'll ever produce again like he did for that 3 game stretch before he nuked his knee. It has as much to do with Locker and the offense as him.

If he produced like that 3 game stretch, he'd be a WR1, not a WR3. So he doesn't have to do that to provide value at WR3.

Agreed. What I meant was I don't think he's a strong bet to produce even WR3 numbers. That 3 game stretch is just a wet dream at this point, even if he had 2 good knees he's not doing that with Locker.

People need to understand that Kenny Britt returning to WR1 value is probably even more of a longshot than Darren McFadden returning to RB1 value.

And I love McFadden.

But he will also come cheaper then McFadden on draft day.

I would still take a chance on Britt depending on his price.

Oh certainly.

But I think he'll likely produce more like James Jones has than say, Julio/Demaryius/AJ/Marshall/Fitzgerald.  I think his upside isn't close to what it used to be.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#60 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think he could produce numbers like Cruz did last year if he stays healthy and out of trouble but that's the best case scenario imo. He won't have a Thomas or Marshall type impact
No Days Off




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users