1553 replies to this topic

#1 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I can't believe I'm starting this thread before June 1st but hey if we weren't serious about this we wouldn't be on here right?

I figure we'll do this publically since the league was started off the RW boards.

Robrain is going to dig up some of the stuff from last season to get us started.

I say we do the draft on this thread and I'll post it manually in yahoo. It will take hella longer than an online one but I think it will be fun for everyone to follow here on the forum.

Here's to a great 2013...

Posted Image

Edited by DocJ, 30 May 2013 - 06:10 PM.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

QB: Nick Foles (8.09)
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Danny Woodhead (6.09)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Keenan Allen (3.06)
W/R/T: Lamar Miller
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: CLE DST (15.06)
K: Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#2 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Is that the new theme song for Pocket Hercules?
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#4 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Are the mods going to run another mock before or after this thread is banished to the league thread forum?

Or...are we running our draft here again?

Edited by Proteus, 30 May 2013 - 06:24 PM.

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#5 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

if i'm in this i think people already know my top 4 picks.

#6 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostProteus, on 30 May 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Are the mods going to run another mock before or after this thread is banished to the league thread forum?

Or...are we running our draft here again?

Not sure....hopefully we can keep it on here unless a majority of owners want to just do an online one through yahoo.

Bench: Golden Tate (7.06), Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), KaDeem Carey (14.09), Alex Smith

#7 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

if someone doesn't mind manually adding the teams ... i'm fine with doing it here. gonna be hard to coordinate an exact draft time for online.

#8 scottdills

scottdills

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Can we just do a slow draft on MFL?
What is the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?

"Don't be an idiot."

#9 WesternSociety

WesternSociety

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

IM IN

#10 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well, I think the whole point of having the draft here in the forums was for people to be able to dissect the draft afterwards.  The Rotoworld Mock Drafts give some idea of ADPs, and you can explain why you took a player where you did (after the draft is completed).

We simply decided after the last mock to turn it into an actual league using our picks.  Since we're expanding the league again this year to include new members, and replace members that left, using other active members from this forum, I think we should be safe to have the draft take place here again.

My only question is, once we finalize the new members to fill out the list of managers / drafters, when should we hold this draft?  Closer to preseason, or do we want to make this an annual draft that happens during the offseason / summer?

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#11 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postscottdills, on 30 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

MFL?

#12 scottdills

scottdills

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostRobrain, on 30 May 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postscottdills, on 30 May 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

MFL?

My Fantasy League?
http://www.myfantasyleague.com/
What is the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?

"Don't be an idiot."

#13 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,017 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Here's the deal guys.  Since Yahoo just opened, a mock draft now is more than fair but if you want it to remain in the main forum than it will abide by the agreed up on Mock rules that we've had in the past.  First come, first serve.  The rosters will be standardized and the scoring will be too (standard or PPR is up to the group) and all members will have to abide by Mock Rules.  If you want to privatize the league and do some different things with it like having 2 QBs or a utility position or .5 PPR or you want to invite or consider managers that you know then it's simply a slow draft on RW and you can have it in the "Your Leagues" Board.  

In other words, the Mock portion is the most important and takes precedent and then after you get all 12 members then you can agree IF you want a league afterwards.  Not the other way around which is what you have right now.  I'll give you a day or so to get your ducks in a row but as it stands now, this thread would end up getting moved.

Here is an example of just some of the guidelines:

Before you post and put your name in the hat, please read below and confirm you can comply with the guidelines. Also note, that this will be a participant driven mock. The Mods will help and push along when needed, but it's up to the 12 that join to get this going and keep it headed the right direction. Thanks.

1. First confirm in descending order if the members who gave their names that they can actually be around or reachable on a regular basis for 7-14 days minimum. Once 12 are confirmed, any still left can be wait-listed for dropouts. If you can't do it, let others do it who can.

2. Wait until all 12 owners confirm their entry AND their ability to be around or reachable at least 3-4x a day, or agree to let a substitute picker choose, or leave a list with another member in the draft.

3. An agreed upon mechanism when delays during peak posting hours should be in place - leaving a pick queue or substitute picker in advance of known absences will go a long way to minimize long delays - but if excessive delays without ETA occur, it's fair for the draft to go with a plan B - which is to allow the league to draft based on need/consensus if an absence of > 4 hours takes place during daytime hours (10 AM - 8 PM ET). The clock will NOT be applied for overnight / early AM (unless you are all East Coast posters, in which the hours can be modified by unanimous agreement). If 3 or more absences of 4+ hours without pick lists / designated substitute occurs where there is no notice or advance warning given, an owner may be replaced from the wait-list.

4. The PM/listing draft picks taken done regularly here really works to keep everyone up to date & promote discussion, so Mock I participants also agree to help out with this.

5. All members can post & discuss picks made - but we leave the picks to the 12 (or their designates/plan B if they are absent).

6. Format's for the general community.

7. Any poster who is not on the list above can submit their name to be wait-listed - we may get drop-outs, and of course, Mock II is a possibility - but again, Mock I completes first.

It is imperative that you comply with these requirements, please ensure you have read carefully. Once you get 12, set a start time and away we go.......Good luck.

Also, I will add that it works best if someone in the community or perhaps two folks take the lead in the initial stages, otherwise it's hard to get off the ground.  No fighting kids and stay on your best behavior.  Have at it.

"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#14 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,403 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 30 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Here's the deal guys.  Since Yahoo just opened, a mock draft now is more than fair but if you want it to remain in the main forum than it will abide by the agreed up on Mock rules that we've had in the past.  First come, first serve.  The rosters will be standardized and the scoring will be too (standard or PPR is up to the group) and all members will have to abide by Mock Rules.  If you want to privatize the league and do some different things with it like having 2 QBs or a utility position or .5 PPR or you want to invite or consider managers that you know then it's simply a slow draft on RW and you can have it in the "Your Leagues" Board.

Oh, okay.

I forget if we originally did this mock draft last year for PPR or non-PPR scoring settings, but once we played out the season most of us thought that full-point PPR was too much.  We also thought adding more teams to the league would increase the fun-factor, and also allow more forum members to get in on the action.

Anyhow, since it seems we're trending towards .5 PPR, I'll go ahead and dig up our actual league thread from the "Your League" forum.  Ideally I think we do want active posters to participate in this league, since we don't want to have someone draft in the offseason and then go A.W.O.L. before the actual season begins.

If you can give us a day or so before deleting/moving this thread from here, so that I can make sure everyone's on the same page to use the other thread, that would be great.  I'll post links to the other thread in our Yahoo! forum as well as in my signature to make sure everyone knows where to go.

#15 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I prefer a draft later in the summer. My leagues usually do after preseason week 3 just to be safe.

I'd instantly lose interest if I drafted my top pick in a few weeks and he tore his knee up in camp.

#16 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,017 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostRobrain, on 30 May 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Oh, okay.

I forget if we originally did this mock draft last year for PPR or non-PPR scoring settings, but once we played out the season most of us thought that full-point PPR was too much.  We also thought adding more teams to the league would increase the fun-factor, and also allow more forum members to get in on the action.

Anyhow, since it seems we're trending towards .5 PPR, I'll go ahead and dig up our actual league thread from the "Your League" forum.  Ideally I think we do want active posters to participate in this league, since we don't want to have someone draft in the offseason and then go A.W.O.L. before the actual season begins.

If you can give us a day or so before deleting/moving this thread from here, so that I can make sure everyone's on the same page to use the other thread, that would be great.  I'll post links to the other thread in our Yahoo! forum as well as in my signature to make sure everyone knows where to go.

Then you're starting a league, which I encourage, it's just not a community mock draft.  I'll move it tomorrow for you guys.....
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#17 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostRobrain, on 30 May 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Oh, okay.

*Cosigns* Thanks Robrain.
I think everyone is going to want to expand the league and tweak the settings.

#18 rraayy3

rraayy3

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • 9,393 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

If it's possible to not have this league be full ppr ... Yeah that'd be nice. I just dont get it.

#19 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

View Postrraayy3, on 30 May 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

If it's possible to not have this league be full ppr ... Yeah that'd be nice. I just dont get it.
I'm fairly certain we all agreed to bring it down to 0.5 during the season last year.
Also the bonus points aren't a big deal, 300 yards passing and 100 yards rec/rush so if a majority want to keep those I'm fine with that.

For those who have expressed an interest in managing a team I'll be in touch, I'm keeping a running list in order of your posts so when we all decide on a final league size I'll send out invites.

#20 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm not in the league yet(crossing fingers) but I think .5 ppr would be the best to please everyone. Just my 2 cents.

edit: also, instead of doing a slo-mo. You could do a normal, mock/real draft or whatever and then each player could right up an evaluation of their thought process on each player and why they picked that player.

Edited by Ryan81, 30 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RW Mock Real League - 14 team, 6 point all TDs, .5 ppr(slow drafting)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Reggie Bush
RB2: Pierre Thomas
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Cecil Shorts III
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Cincinnati Bengals/Arizona Cardinals
Bench: Travaris Cadet, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Mohammed Sanu Cole Beasley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users