#882 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,105 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

http://wapc.mlb.com/...of-his-fans-850

Pretty awesome that Bryant did this for a fan. I hope the money and fame that comes with it doesn't go to his head. Sounds like a genuinely nice dude.

Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#883 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,720 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

It was a nice thing to do, but players do this sort of thing all of the time and it never gets any press. I know a guy who lives in Cedar Rapids who got a game-used broken bat from Joey Votto when he was in the minors. Votto gave it to him after the game - free of charge. Literally happens all of the time.

Call me cynical, but dollars to donuts the guy who wanted Bryant's bat will eventually flip it for money to a hardcore Cubs fan who splurges on stuff like this (if he hasn't already done so) or auction it off to a bunch of hardcore Cubs fans, and that was probably his original intent. Sounded like he was from Vegas and he said he wasn't a Cubs fan. 

Edited by Posting In The Clutch, 29 November 2014 - 01:23 AM.

"...and woe betide fateful curiosity should it ever succeed in peering through a crack in the chamber of consciousness, out and down into the depths, and thus gain an intimation of the fact that humanity, in the indifference of its ignorance, rests on the pitiless, the greedy, the insatiable, the murderous."

-Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users