34 replies to this topic

#1 superjew

superjew

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

The Rockets apparently are pursuing Howard AND CP3.

1) Can they land both? Can they somehow find the cap space? Maybe they can anmnesty or trade Asik?

2) Would they want to land CP3, forcing Lin to play off the bench? Is Lin even a starting-calibre PG in the NBA?

3) Will they be a title contender next year? The year after?

4) How great do they look for snagging Harden. Amazing move.

#2 connorcandela

connorcandela

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

1) i don't know know, that seems like an extremely difficult task

2) I think they would for sure. If they really want to make a deep run Lin can't be the point guard

3) If they get both, definitely

4) genius
H2H 12 team 10 player keeper

C Miguel Montero
1B Justin Morneau
2B Asdrubal Cabrera
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Ian Desmond
OF Billy Hamilton
OF Bryce Harper
OF Yasiel Puig
UTIL Jorge Soler
BN Austin jackson
DL Carlos Gonzalez
SP DL Michael Wacha, Alex Wood, Rick Porcello, Tyson Ross, Tim Hudson
RP Greg Holland, Casey Jansen, Rafael Soriano, Zach Britton

#3 thebeardisfear

thebeardisfear

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm more concerned about the fantasy fall out of my boy JH! Surely there wouldn't be room for a 40fppg Harden, 42fppg Cp3 and 37fppg Howard..........

And I've got all 3 in my dynasty team. Son of a bitch.

#4 aaa1

aaa1

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Not gonna happen. There's only 1 ball you guys. I know cp3 is an excellent facilitator, but why take the ball out of hardens hands?
10 team H2H (PTS, 3s, FG%, FT%, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK), PG-G-G-F-F-C-UTILx3

#5 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Not gonna happen. There's only 1 ball you guys. I know cp3 is an excellent facilitator, but why take the ball out of hardens hands?

Was thinking the same. I dont think Houston really needs a PG when Harden is one of the best ball handlers in the league. D12 makes more sense.

#6 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

D12 is a guy that needs to be the only star on the team. With Cp3 and Harden, we would likely see the same thing as this year: whining, complaining, and underwhelming stats. Dwight is a cancer.
  • keep it ONE hunnid likes this
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#7 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

D12 is a guy that needs to be the only star on the team. With Cp3 and Harden, we would likely see the same thing as this year: whining, complaining, and underwhelming stats. Dwight is a cancer.

Howard has never really played with a elite pass first point guard (unless you count an over the hill, injury plagued Nash). I would love to see what he could achieve with Paul lobbing him the ball for easy shots.

I imagine, if they did get together and form a big 3, Harden's popcorn stats will go down but his efficiency will go up (i.e. higher FG% and less TOs).

#8 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

If they did get all 3 there is not that much of a difference between them and OKC. Paul, Harden, Howard vs Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. Guess Parsons would be the X Factor
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#9 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

If they did get all 3 there is not that much of a difference between them and OKC. Paul, Harden, Howard vs Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka. Guess Parsons would be the X Factor

not much difference? give me that rockets team any day of the week
  • krupocin likes this
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#10 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

This thread needs a bump, so where does everyone see this Rockets team in the West? Top 3?

In terms of fantasy, Houston's pace and style was a fantasy bonanza last year. Will Howard kill the golden goose?

#11 StickerHappy

StickerHappy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Shake and Bake

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

This thread needs a bump, so where does everyone see this Rockets team in the West? Top 3?

In terms of fantasy, Houston's pace and style was a fantasy bonanza last year. Will Howard kill the golden goose?

Houston bleed and survived shooting long balls and fast breaks last season. Even though the addition of Howard was an upgrade to Asik, I think they need to make it clear to him that he should focus on D and rebounds. I predict them around at no.5 or 6.

Audentes fortuna juvat

12 team H2H

Guards: George Hill, Victor Oladipo, Michael Carter-Williams, Aaron Afflalo, Darren Collison, OJ Mayo

Forwards: Carmelo Anthony, Chandler Parsons, Draymond Green

Centers: Chris Bosh, Marc Gasol, Markieff Morris, Kelly Olynyk

10 team H2H

Guards: Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, Victor Oladipo, OJ Mayo, Brandon Knight

Forwards: Kevin Durant, Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones

Centers: Anthony Davis, Dirk Nowitzki, Robin Lopez, Kelly Olynyk

#12 Theoneupper

Theoneupper

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Third maybe and thats a stretch. I definitely see the Clips, Thunder, and Spurs in the top 3.
  • ballsohard likes this

#13 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Haven't heard of anything yet, but one has to wonder whether Houston will go after Jamison as a very affordable stretch-4 next to Dwight.
  • krupocin likes this

#14 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Haven't heard of anything yet, but one has to wonder whether Houston will go after Jamison as a very affordable stretch-4 next to Dwight.

Don't they already have one in Donatas Motiejunas?
  • krupocin and FritzLn like this

Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 9-Cat

PG - Russell Westbrook, Jeff Teague, Reggie Jackson, Isaiah Thomas

SG - Kobe Bryant, Terrence Ross

SF - Thaddeus Young, Tony Allen

PF - Dirk Nowitzki, Amir Johnson, Amar'e Stoudemire

C - Robin Lopez, Timofey Mozgov, Mason Plumlee, Miles Plumlee

#15 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:I like-a table tennis, a sun bathe, and a shoot dog.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

I was wondering why they didn't go after Jamison as well or even Mullens. Byron Mullens pretty much sucks, but for a million dollars you could do worse when it comes to 7 footers who like to shoot it from the outside and have potential to get better. Maybe they've seen that Motiejunas has made some major leaps with his game this summer which is why they aren't making a move, he is only 22 and played pretty average as a rookie last year but had no consistency or leash really. He was dominant in the summer league and NBADL though and a stud in Europe so if he can develop into the player they thought he could become when they drafted him he could be a perfect addition to the 4 spot as a 7'0" athletic stretch 4 who can shoot 3's/jumpers and rebound well.
How'd you get the beans above the frank!?

#16 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

So what is the projected depth chart for these guys now? Do they start a traditional lineup but just slide someone like Parsons to the 4 for long stretches? Or does Motie or Jones or Smith stick next to Howard?
I play fantasy sports

#17 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

So what is the projected depth chart for these guys now? Do they start a traditional lineup but just slide someone like Parsons to the 4 for long stretches? Or does Motie or Jones or Smith stick next to Howard?

I imagine Parsons will play the Ryan Anderson role for Houston while I think Garcia will play big minutes at the 3. They are re-creating Howard's Orlando by pairing Howard with a plethora of capable outside shooters. The only different here is Howard has a legit second superstar to play with, something he didn't have in Orlando.

#18 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

I imagine Parsons will play the Ryan Anderson role for Houston while I think Garcia will play big minutes at the 3. They are re-creating Howard's Orlando by pairing Howard with a plethora of capable outside shooters. The only different here is Howard has a legit second superstar to play with, something he didn't have in Orlando.

If this proves true, and I tend to agree with you here, then Garcia could be a legitimate sleeper come draft night. I am thinking Motie starts at PF though, and unless he takes the job and runs with it right away Garcia seems the most likely to be the guy.
I play fantasy sports

#19 tofuball

tofuball

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

lol
  • darkyume and JimboSlice like this

#20 JimboSlice

JimboSlice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

lmao @ Brooks
I believe in Masai. I believe he can touch the sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users