Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Lionel Hollins 2013-2014

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Its no suprise here. Its rumored that Pera doesnt like what Hollins did on some things around the Memphis team....there's rumors that are going on about how Hollins and Conley are very tight to one another, and Hollins was a big reason who was by Conley's side made sure that Vasquez would be sent off because Vasquez did not make Conley look great and showed some of Conley's weakness. Hollins took care of Conley and screwed the team by getting rid of Vasquez. Look at Vasquez stats now. You can see how good he is now and how that would have taken credit away from Conley.

#2 BareaFan

BareaFan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

How did Hollins help get rid of Vasquez?
Five Cat Stacking: FT%, 3s, Pts, Ast, Stl

10 Teams H2H Standard 9-Cats:
PG: Westbrook; Kyrie Irving; Jennings; Jameer Nelson; Jrue Holiday; Eric Bledsoe; Ramon Sessions
SG/SF: Bryant; Pierce; Jerryd Bayless; Danny Granger
PF/C: Kevin Garnett; Tiago Splitter

#3 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Its no suprise here. Its rumored that Pera doesnt like what Hollins did on some things around the Memphis team....there's rumors that are going on about how Hollins and Conley are very tight to one another, and Hollins was a big reason who was by Conley's side made sure that Vasquez would be sent off because Vasquez did not make Conley look great and showed some of Conley's weakness. Hollins took care of Conley and screwed the team by getting rid of Vasquez. Look at Vasquez stats now. You can see how good he is now and how that would have taken credit away from Conley.

But Conley is one of the top point guards in the league now. No way Vasquez is better than Conley. I'd say he did the Grizzlies a big favor by getting rid of Vasquez and letting Conley flourish.

#4 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Agreed, but they gave Vazques for nothing.

#5 DavidInMEM

DavidInMEM

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

I wouldn't call Quincy Pondexter nothing. Also, Vasquez was, and is, a defensive liability. I will say Vasquez is a talented offensive player. Off the court, I think Greivis lacked confidence. I ran into him out and about during his time in Downtown Memphis, and the guy was not impressive in how he carried himself. Not a guy that I would want as a leader of my team.

#6 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

I wouldn't call Quincy Pondexter nothing. Also, Vasquez was, and is, a defensive liability. I will say Vasquez is a talented offensive player. Off the court, I think Greivis lacked confidence. I ran into him out and about during his time in Downtown Memphis, and the guy was not impressive in how he carried himself. Not a guy that I would want as a leader of my team.

At the time of the trade, Pondexter was really a nobody. He has played well this year but hindsight is a brilliant thing.

#7 gsw

gsw

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

At the time of the trade, Pondexter was really a nobody. He has played well this year but hindsight is a brilliant thing.

So you're saying the Memphis front office saw his potential and gave up a backup point guard for someone who was a key rotation member for their playoff run. It's not hindsight if they saw something. Also, people grossly overrate Greivis in both real life and fantasy due to his high assist numbers. However, when you factor in the horrible defense and horrible shooting, he's at the bottom of the barrel for starting point guards in my opinion.

In regards to Hollins, I really think he got the short end of the stick. He really got the most out of this team considering their lack of shooting and lack of athleticism. I'm sure he'll get another shot in the near future.

Edited by gsw, 15 June 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#8 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Wow, what type of rumor is this? Living in Memphis for the past 7 years, I saw none of this in the local papers, on local news, or among any basketball fans I knew in the area. I don't know where you got this from.

As for Vasquez exposing Conley, when? Vasquez was nice off the bench and had a great run during the playoffs two years ago, but there was never any question as to who was the superior guard. He's a backup point guard who got some shine due to the lack of talent on a bad team. He's not the first, nor the last. But don't let his performance on a bad team confuse you into thinking he's on Conley's level.

Edited by tremixt, 15 June 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#9 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Wow, what type of rumor is this? Living in Memphis for the past 7 years, I saw none of this in the local papers, on local news, or among any basketball fans I knew in the area. I don't know where you got this from.

As for Vasquez exposing Conley, when? Vasquez was nice off the bench and had a great run during the playoffs two years ago, but there was never any question as to who was the superior guard. He's a backup point guard who got some shine due to the lack of talent on a bad team. He's not the first, nor the last. But don't let his performance on a bad team confuse you into thinking he's on Conley's level.

It was rumored all around Memphis. Wether its true or not, no one knows..., Vasquez had mediocore defense and was a good player coming off bench, Podenxter had a great season but it was a terrible deal, they should of kept Vasquez. I really do think he'll be a good starting pg in the league, if that wasn't the case Monty wouldn't start him over Austin Rivers.

Edited by keep it ONE hunnid, 15 June 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#10 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

It was rumored all around Memphis. Wether its true or not, no one knows..., Vasquez had mediocore defense and was a good player coming off bench, Podenxter had a great season but it was a terrible deal, they should of kept Vasquez. I really do think he'll be a good starting pg in the league, if that wasn't the case Monty wouldn't start him over Austin Rivers.

I don't think there are many players that wouldn't start over Austin Rivers.