Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Bryce Brown 2013 Season OutlookWorth taking if you're not a McCoy owner?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 ipg46

ipg46

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:Dumpster Diving

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Of the three talented backups (Tate, Pierce, Bryce Brown) to stud RBs (Foster, Rice, McCoy), Bryce Brown is the only one I'd pick up if I wasn't a Foster/Rice/McCoy owner and didn't need to handcuff. The guy looked like Adrian Peterson in those first 2 games when he busted out for 350 yards and 4TDs. Sure, he was shut down in the next 2 games, but still showed some undeniable potential to be a major force if he solves his fumbling problems and gets some playing time. Worth a late round pick even if you don't have McCoy, I think.
Yahoo League (Going for the Three-Peat!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF, IDP / 6 pts all TDs / 1 point=50 pass yards or 15 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Josh Gordon, LeVeon Bell, Toby Gerhart, Ben Tate, Ray Rice, Zach Ertz, Bernard Pierce, LeGarrette Blount, Shonn Greene, Jarrett Boykin, Mason Crosby, Vikings D.

ESPN League (Runner up 2 years running--looking for the win!) (12-teams / QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, FLX, K, DEF / 4 pts pass TDs; 6 pts all others / 1 point=20 pass yards or 10 rec yards or 10 rush yards): Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace, Rueben Randle, Michael Floyd, Josh Gordon, Ben Tate, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, Fred Jackson, Vernon Davis, Bernard Pierce, Carlos Hyde, Jarrett Boykin, Adam Vinatieri.

#2 chiefdog10

chiefdog10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I tend to agree with you. I really like this guy. Has plus vision, plus speed, is a bigger guy and runs hard. His only problems are that he bounces everything outside and the fumbling issues both of which can be fixed. In Kelly's college offense he routinely used two RBs sometimes even three. I know this isn't Oregon and he won't be running the same exact sets but he is a run first coach especially considering the lack of a real QB on their team. With that said I believe Brown can be drafted as a RB4/RB5 with a floor of being a Shady handcuff (whether you own him or not) and a ceiling of a RB3 even if Shady doesn't get hurt.

#3 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Absolutely unusable unless McCoy gets hurt.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#4 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

View Postchiefdog10, on 14 June 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I tend to agree with you. I really like this guy. Has plus vision, plus speed, is a bigger guy and runs hard. His only problems are that he bounces everything outside and the fumbling issues both of which can be fixed. In Kelly's college offense he routinely used two RBs sometimes even three. I know this isn't Oregon and he won't be running the same exact sets but he is a run first coach especially considering the lack of a real QB on their team. With that said I believe Brown can be drafted as a RB4/RB5 with a floor of being a Shady handcuff (whether you own him or not) and a ceiling of a RB3 even if Shady doesn't get hurt.

A RB3 ceiling if McCoy is healthy? Maybe the funniest thing I've heard all year.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#5 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm in a PPR league, and I've consistently been grabbing Bryce in the late rounds because I agree that he has flex appeal if this Kelly offense is going to run as many plays as it's rumored to be planning.  I think RB3 production is... what, 5-8 points a week?  2 catches and 40 yards as McCoys backup seems reasonable.  Add in McCoys concussions, an up tempo offense which could mean he stays on the field for an entire drive etc.  I'm probably biased because I picked him up last year and used him for those 2 awesome weeks!
I do it for the likes...

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I know Philly is expected to run frequently this season but I'm not entirely sold on Brown as a legit flex option. I suppose his ceiling, barring a McCoy injury, would be low-end RB3, maybe a bye week flex fill-in. Worst case scenario, Philly stays healthy and Kelly doesn't get Brown involved enough to be fantasy relevant.

He has value, though, as a late round pick for cautious McCoy owners and for owners in deep leagues looking to add late-round backfield depth.

#7 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 15 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

I know Philly is expected to run frequently this season but I'm not entirely sold on Brown as a legit flex option. I suppose his ceiling, barring a McCoy injury, would be low-end RB3, maybe a bye week flex fill-in. Worst case scenario, Philly stays healthy and Kelly doesn't get Brown involved enough to be fantasy relevant.

I agree, but he did say 'RB3 upside'  meaning not a weekly reliable flex play.  At the late rounds he's available (11.05) I simply view him as another Lotto Ticket who's already showed us what's he capable of with the lead role.
I do it for the likes...

#8 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostFFCollusion, on 15 June 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I agree, but he did say 'RB3 upside'  meaning not a weekly reliable flex play.  At the late rounds he's available (11.05) I simply view him as another Lotto Ticket who's already showed us what's he capable of with the lead role.

Yeah??? I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with anyone. I was just giving my take.

#9 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 15 June 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

View PostFFCollusion, on 15 June 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yeah??? I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with anyone. I was just giving my take.

I wasn't arguing with you, just expanding my views on the discussion at hand.
I do it for the likes...

#10 Coprolagnia

Coprolagnia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

If you're looking for a late round flex play, I would go Andre Brown over Bryce.

#11 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostCoprolagnia, on 15 June 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

If you're looking for a late round flex play, I would go Andre Brown over Bryce.

Moot point seeing as how Andre Brown is being drafted 2 rounds earlier.
I do it for the likes...

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Without a doubt. But yeah, these guys aren't really going in the same area in drafts. Andre is likely to be in more of a RBBC situation, while Bryce is the clear backup.

#13 Coprolagnia

Coprolagnia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostFFCollusion, on 15 June 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

In my draft Andre went in RD 10, Bryce in RD 11...not all drafts are the same.

#14 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,689 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostCoprolagnia, on 15 June 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

View PostFFCollusion, on 15 June 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

In my draft Andre went in RD 10, Bryce in RD 11...not all drafts are the same.

Andre in Round 10 is robbery.

#15 Taxman

Taxman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

A pit bull and her seven puppies belonging to Eagles RB Bryce Brown were among the animals seized in a suspected dog fighting operation in Wisconsin.
The seizure took place on May 21 at Northland Pits in Fall Creek, Wisconsin. During a Friday hearing, Bekah Weitz, the humane officer for the Eau Claire County Humane Association, said one of her concerns regarding the animals was they were being trained for fighting. When the dogs were seized, she saw scarring on seven animals. We'll have more on this story as further details emerge.
1st Fantasy pick ever Thurman Thomas #3 Overall.  Should have taken Jerry Rice.

#16 3 times 2nd

3 times 2nd

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ut oh.  Wouldn't you think you'd not dog fight if you had a QB in Philly who was in the pen for dog fighting?  Or maybe he is taking the rap for his QB?

#17 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

View Post3 times 2nd, on 29 June 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

Ut oh.  Wouldn't you think you'd not dog fight if you had a QB in Philly who was in the pen for dog fighting?  Or maybe he is taking the rap for his QB?

Hoo boy, here we go again...
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#18 holyBrowns

holyBrowns

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,161 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

From the looks of his Facebook page and his wife's, doesn't seem like he'd be involved in something like Vick was. I'd be very surprised if he was involved in illegal dog fighting. It does show him training his dog in "extreme" agility, but that could be just for self-defense or a hobby (be it an odd one.)  Who knows, maybe I'm being naive.

Article I got this information from:

http://www.philly.co...ting-case-.html

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook...&type=2

In the comments of the above video, quote from his wife:
"I only posted this so B cod share it to his wall for all his dog ppl. He trains Clover so she can jump higher, get stronger, etc. and eventually compete in shows. not really my thing but I go to the park with them to be supportive lol"

Edited by holyBrowns, 29 June 2013 - 12:39 PM.

14 Team Total Points - Weekly Lineup Locks [hitting scoring] 1 pt per single, run, rbi, bb, sb, hbp - 2 pts per double - 3 pts per triple - 4 pts per home run [pitching scoring] 15 pts per win, 3 pts per QS, 2 pts per CG, 1 pt per K, 10 pts per no hitter, 5 pts per perfect game, 8 pts per save, relief win
C: Yan Gomes
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Dustin Pedroia
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Mike Trout
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Alex Rios
DH: David Ortiz
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Johnny Cueto
RP: Jason Grilli
Bench: Bogaerts, Polanco, Morneau, Iwakuma, Peavy, Colon, Simon, Buehrle, Kelly, Chavez

#19 RADickey4Prez

RADickey4Prez

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Pass protection a little bit too far. Great week for the NFL

#20 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostholyBrowns, on 29 June 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

From the looks of his Facebook page and his wife's, doesn't seem like he'd be involved in something like Vick was. I'd be very surprised if he was involved in illegal dog fighting. It does show him training his dog in "extreme" agility, but that could be just for self-defense or a hobby (be it an odd one.)  Who knows, maybe I'm being naive.

Article I got this information from:

http://www.philly.co...ting-case-.html

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook...&type=2

In the comments of the above video, quote from his wife:
"I only posted this so B cod share it to his wall for all his dog ppl. He trains Clover so she can jump higher, get stronger, etc. and eventually compete in shows. not really my thing but I go to the park with them to be supportive lol"

The fact that his dogs were taken in relation to an actual dog-fighting thing means he has some link to it.  I think that's pretty clear.

The cops don't just randomly show up at your house and take your dogs without some kind of tip / reason for showing up at your house in the first place.
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users