5er in his last 30 innings pitched.

#2 zizi

zizi

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Picked him up on 2 of my teams earlier this week.

Last 7 of 9 starts, 2 or fewer runs scored and the other 2 starts were 3 and 4 runs scored. Only owned in 20% of Yahoo leagues currently. I wish I picked him up on my first team.

#3 zizi

zizi

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

CG, 2 hits, 1 BB, 1 run.

#4 Travis_Fryman#17

Travis_Fryman#17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Doing the Vogelsong thing from the left side?
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
- Charles Bukowski

#5 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

He has a nice schedule coming up: @SF, Phi, @Mia, @Was
"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#6 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

How legit is this guy? Honestly hadn't heard anything about him before that 2 hit CG...but now I see how dominant he's been lately.

Lack of Ks worry me (other than that one game)...but is he approaching must start  territory when he gets easy matchups like he has coming up?
10 Team Auction Draft: OBP & SLG league (dominated the draft, sexiest OF ever)

C:   Wilin Rosario
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Jean Segura
CI: Adrian Gonzalez
MI: Brad Miller
OF: Jay Bruce, Shin-Soo Choo, Justin Upton, Jose Bautista, Mark Trumbo
Util: Jose Abreu
Bench: George Springer, Emilio Bonifacio, Wilson Ramos (DL)

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Anibal Sanchez, Homer Bailey, Chris Archer, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Corey Kluber
RP: Ernesto Frieri, Grant Balfour, Tommy Hunter, Jonathon Papelbon

#7 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 16 June 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

How legit is this guy? Honestly hadn't heard anything about him before that 2 hit CG...but now I see how dominant he's been lately.

Lack of Ks worry me (other than that one game)...but is he approaching must start  territory when he gets easy matchups like he has coming up?

He's a soft tossing lefty that gets fly balls. Basically, he's an ideal fit for Petco. He isn't a K pitcher, so don't expect that to pick up, but he has been hot. He will regress back some, but you may as well ride him while he is hot.
Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

#8 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Is he worth streaming tomorrow @ San Fran?  He has faced them twice this year and has been roughed up both times, but he has been pitching great lately.
Free Fantasy Consultant -
@FantasyChat247 on Twitter

#9 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

First day owning this guy (mainly added him for his 2 favorable starts next week)...but I'm throwing him in the fire vs. Bum right away.

Hopefully he keeps this hot streak up.

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Anibal Sanchez, Homer Bailey, Chris Archer, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Corey Kluber

#10 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

wow...

it took Gregerson only about 45 seconds to completely ruin Stults Win...awesome work.

Why would you let Stults hit the previous inning if you were just going to pull him after only 1 out?

#11 bigge2win

bigge2win

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Is this guy legit? There are quite a few SPs like him this year with a low K rate and big discrepancy between ERA and xFIP, like Arroyo, Travis Wood, Jeff Locke, Mike Leake.

There's a team in my 5x5 who is in 2nd out of 12 with almost an entire staff of guys with low ERA and high xFIP (Westbrook, Corbin, Kuroda, Locke, Arroyo) and some actual solid SPs (Burnett, Masterson, Shields, Liriano, Ervin Santana). I feel as though this house of cards has to fall eventually, but I have yet to see corrections for any of these guys.

But if I can't beat him, I might join him and grab Stults.

#12 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Does it really even out..the ERA and xFIP?  or is it just some statistical crap that means nothing in the real game of baseball?
C- Mesoraco
1b - Freeman
2b - Altuve
3b - Miggy
SS - Peralta or Alcides
OF - Trout
OF - Revere
OF - Hunter
OF - Byrd
Util - Chris Davis
Util -Frazier or Kelly Johnson

SP - Bumgarner, Y. Ventura, Grienke, Zimmerman, Lohse, Garrett Richards, Colon, Mejia, Wi. Peralta
RP - Frieri, Cishek, Shawn Kelley

#13 RBIZ

RBIZ

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lol

#14 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

He has a very nice 2-start week this week. First tonight at home vs the Phillies and then later on this week at Miami.
"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James

#15 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostSine_cera, on 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

He has a very nice 2-start week this week. First tonight at home vs the Phillies and then later on this week at Miami.

Last 30 calendar days the Phillies have been a top-10 offense. This has a lot to do with Michael Young's turn-around. Last 30 days vs. Lefties the Phillies are a top 10 offense.

The Phillies have 3 hitters with an OPS over .830 vs lefties (Brown, Mayberry, Young) and the hitters who struggle against lefties (Revere, Rollins) can capitalize on the poor Padres defense and beat out a few hits. I really don't like him at all after reviewing the numbers this morning.

Miami is a tough matchup for Stults as well given that he has a poor breaking ball and he's not going to get by a fastball hitting Miami team if he can't get a breaking ball over the plate.

#16 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 16 June 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

This is pretty much what Stults does year in and year out.  Occasional rough patches like any pitcher but this is who he is.  Low K but low ERA and WHIP too.  Not as many wins cause he is a Padre.  I've picked him up streaming and even holding some last couple of years. A blue collar flying under the radar guy that most people seem to forget about for the "flashier" high K types.  But in the long run he is kind of like the tortoise to the hare ... slow and steady.  Baseball is a marathon in the end too.  In deeper leagues he can quietly do his thing and contribute without you even noticing him much but in the end he will have contributed a nice bit to the team.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory, 24 June 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#17 zizi

zizi

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

nice line, 7 IP, 2 ER 1 WHIP but no run support.

#18 indycolts88

indycolts88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 24 June 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Last 30 calendar days the Phillies have been a top-10 offense. This has a lot to do with Michael Young's turn-around. Last 30 days vs. Lefties the Phillies are a top 10 offense.

The Phillies have 3 hitters with an OPS over .830 vs lefties (Brown, Mayberry, Young) and the hitters who struggle against lefties (Revere, Rollins) can capitalize on the poor Padres defense and beat out a few hits. I really don't like him at all after reviewing the numbers this morning.

Miami is a tough matchup for Stults as well given that he has a poor breaking ball and he's not going to get by a fastball hitting Miami team if he can't get a breaking ball over the plate.

You are over-thinking things: the Marlins are not a tough matchup for anyone.

#19 mjk356

mjk356

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postindycolts88, on 25 June 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 24 June 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

You are over-thinking things: the Marlins are not a tough matchup for anyone.

Stults played the drug dealer in "Pulp Fiction", Rocky Dennis in "Mask", and the dude who's been in college for 15 years in "Kicking and Screaming".  The Marlins are child's play for him.

Edited by mjk356, 25 June 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#20 Murphzilla

Murphzilla

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Oof terrible first inning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users