227 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Floyd seems to be a forgotten man due to last season's ARI offensive implosion. I love it when people use last season's situation & stats to predict the upcoming season's. A lot has changed in ARI and I think the new Bruce Arians run offense will be a huge boon for Floyd's stats. Expect him to beat out ARoberts as the #2 WR, starting alongside Fitz. Floyd possesses all the measurables (6'3', 220 lbs, 4.42 forty) to be a dominant WR in the NFL. The new vertical passing offense completely suits his skill set. I hate making predictions but I wouldn't be surprised by a 1,000 yd, 8 TD season. I will be targeting him in all leagues.
  • WhiteShaggy likes this

#2 landobate

landobate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Bit**es and Sports...yup.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

I really like him this year as a big time sleeper - I'm targeting.

Edited by landobate, 18 June 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Moundtown Poundtown 8-1 - 20 team, QB point heavy, 1 QB, 2 RB/WR, 1 WR, 2 WR/TE, 11 IDP's(return yardage) with Head Coach and P

QB-Andy Dalton, Ryan Mallet, Jason Campbell

RB-Jamal Charles, Jeremy Hill, Knile Davis, Charles Sims, Roy Helu

WR-Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Hilton, T.Y. Hilton, Devin Hester TE-Julius Thomas

Trades:

10/29 Julius Thomas for Zach Mettenberger/Steven Jackson

11/4 T.Y. Hilton for Reggie Wayne/Tre Mason/Benny Cunningham

#3 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Yup I'm definitely targeting. Palmer as the QB, new offense, and they don't really have any weapons outside of Fitz. He put up a nice game against SF to finish out the season last year. And he'll be available to draft pretty late.

Edited by Prea, 18 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#4 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

This guy's ADP is criminally low right now, we should delete this thread and keep it to ourselves. B)
  • ginocan, LIONS FAN-dsn, Jason497 and 4 others like this

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 4-7

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Heath Miller (10.09)
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09)

#5 maxhyde

maxhyde

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well both my dynasty startups this year he hasn't gone criminally low.
Not sure he is the best kept secret out there. he was the 3rd 2nd year WR off the board in 1 (Blackmon/Gordon) and 4th in another (+Wright).
Right around Reggie Wayne/Greg Jennings area in those dynasty drafts and several rounds ahead of Quick/Hill/Randle.

Both drafts happened after the Palmer to Arizona deal was done though so maybe not shocking.
Also maybe redraft he may go lower where Reggie's age doesn't work against him so much

#6 delchay

delchay

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

The sleeper player on the Cardinals this year is TE Rob Housler. Palmer loves to throw to his TE when pressured. He turned Brandon Myer's into a PPR stud last season.
  • ginocan likes this

#7 Skeet Carroll

Skeet Carroll

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

I have an eye on Fitz, Floyd, and Housler this year. I'm a little weary of drafting 2nd year WR's that didn't really produce in year 1 - I believe in the 3rd year leap. But Floyd does have a 1st round pedigree and Palmer should be throwing a ton. Someone will need to step up while Fitz is dealing with tough secondaries like the 9ers, Hawks, Rams. PFF has him ranked as the 39th best PPR WR which would be too high for my taste, so hopefully Yahoo and ESPN have him ranked a lot lower.

Seems like Arians doesn't really use TE's that much though, and Housler may be needed to stay in and block more with that godawful Arizona O-line. Now that I think about it, I'd rather draft Jordan Cameron.

Edited by Skeet Carroll, 23 June 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#8 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

The sleeper player on the Cardinals this year is TE Rob Housler. Palmer loves to throw to his TE when pressured. He turned Brandon Myer's into a PPR stud last season.

I think I commented on this in another thread, Palmer never targetted TEs in Cincinnatti (or year 1 in Oakland), Arians has never had a TE go off under his watch.

I think Myers and the coverages they were getting last year deserve some credit. Housler could indeed have a good season but it's also just as likely he catches 40-50 balls and has a mediocre season. I think it will depend on his abilities, and on his ability alone I think he qualifies as a sleeper but I don't think it's because Palmer leans on TEs.
  • Shamandalie83 and Skeet Carroll like this
Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#9 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm buying on this guy in the later rounds. All I hear is positive news. Anyone else?

#10 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

I didn't watch the game, but Palmer looks like he tried getting all of his WRs involved in the first preseason game. And they all looked good (and so did Palmer) based on the highlights.

Roberts - 2 targets, 1 rec, 38 yds TD
Fitz - 2 targets, 2 rec, 21 yds
Floyd - 2 targets, 1 rec, 18 yds

Edited by Prea, 13 August 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#11 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

He's listed as the starter over Roberts from what I've seen as well. Preseason stats should be taken with a grain of salt.

#12 usurpedus

usurpedus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

will target floyd as my wr4 for the following reasons:

- fitz will guarantee single covergae for him
- think palmer helps him become a better wr with much better accuracy than hes used to
- has generally been called most impressive player in training camp/OTA's
- has the talent
- palmer has never really ever keyed in one one receiver(cincy, oakland, etc) despite putting up big numbers; meaning he will be spreading it around more than the fitz owners would like to think

im hoping for 70 catches/1000 yards/6 td's

"He gets it, he understands it," Palmer said earlier in camp. "He has had a natural feel for getting open in zones, which is something you're not taught. You just sit there and watch film with a guy forever and you either have it or it's something that takes years to develop. Phenomenal player."
12 team auction keeper league high stakes

qb: brees tannehill
rb: forte vereen thomas sproles
wr: jeffrey garcon gordon harvin moore
te: cook eiffert
k: bryant bironas
dst: bal cle

#13 metropolitans

metropolitans

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Keep this on the down low, his ADP is highway robbery! Love Palmer to put Fitz top3 WR again and Floyd to be a high-end WR3....

To the guy who said Palmer passes to his TE a lot, who was his TE in Cinci prior to Gresham?? I honestly forgot bc I'm pretty sure he didn't go to him much at all. Maybe I'm brain farting though
  • Knicks2689 likes this

#14 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Levitan took him over Jordy Nelson in that recent mock. I find that crazy.

#15 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm definitely targeting Floyd for my WR3 this year. Talent is there and now the opportunity is also there to be very productive. I'm on board for the breakout as well.
2014 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Jerrick McKinnon
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Sammy Watkins, Jermaine Kearse
TE's-Julius Thomas, Eric Ebron
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Bobby Wagner, Alec Ogletree
DB's-Kenny Vaccaro, Roman Harper

2 2015 first round picks.

#16 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Has he been over-hyped? Not hearing much these days...but maybe that's a good thing.

#17 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Also saw that he fumbled near the goal line during the week 2 game after his only catch

#18 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's good for his sleeper value that he's been quiet. Nothing has changed in the last month. He's still one of my favorite breakout WRs
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#19 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's good for his sleeper value that he's been quiet. Nothing has changed in the last month. He's still one of my favorite breakout WRs

yup completely agree

#20 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Coach Bruce Arians said Michael Floyd "has improved dramatically from the first minicamp to now."

Floyd has just two catches for 20 yards through 36 preseason snaps, but he's been raising eyebrows in practice as the unquestioned No. 2 wideout. "Route running, his understanding of concepts, hot (reads), the whole package," Arians said. "He's bought in. He's playing two to three different positions. I'm really pleased with where he's at right now." A physically imposing wideout in Arians' passing-friendly scheme, Floyd remains on track for a breakout season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotoworld trying to jinx this guy or what?

Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users