Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Red Alert Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but it would be a big help to me if we had a stickied thread where people can post prospect call-ups, closer changes, or any other need-to-know, time sensitive information. Everyone puts it in individual player threads or the closer thread, but not everyone can go through the pages and see news in time to make adds or changes.

If this is an acceptable thread, I would ask posters to ONLY put legitimate, confirmed information in this thread and cite sources.

#2 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but it would be a big help to me if we had a stickied thread where people can post prospect call-ups, closer changes, or any other need-to-know, time sensitive information. Everyone puts it in individual player threads or the closer thread, but not everyone can go through the pages and see news in time to make adds or changes.

If this is an acceptable thread, I would ask posters to ONLY put legitimate, confirmed information in this thread and cite sources.

Doubt this would happen. Maybe I'm alone but I much prefer the current method, at least with call-ups. I do get the occasional minor heart attack when a newish poster creates a thread for a top prospect who hasn't received the call, but it's worth the dozens of call-ups I've been privy too before my league.

I can't be the only one who see "Player X Season Outlook" and immediately goes to ESPN to hover over the "add" button as i read through the thread. I think this thread would just cause things to get lost really.

2cents

#3 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I considered that when making this thread NCQB and agree there would be the occasional BS alert, but figured I'd pose it to the forum to decide if this would help people.

#4 caseyatbat

caseyatbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I like it. It'll be llike creating panic, elation and/or disappointment in one fell swoop. Only bad thing is that it makes it too easy (Easy button). Managers should do their due diligence. Giving us the code red is like giving us the ending to a story or the cliff notes version. I'd technically wouldn't need to go anywhere else.

We can edit this out once it becomes a sticky.

#5 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#6 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,922 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sorry but trying to get people to all conform to some nebulous definition of what is relevant and what isn't when each member plays in different types of leagues, different depths, different settings, etc etc is spurious at best. There is really no way to to give focus and definition about what information is relevant and what rises to the level of timely news. I understand your desire but the current format is much more efficient. You see a thread bumped that interests you, then go in and read it.....Otherwise, I would recommend getting the RW blurb updates on your phone. Thanks.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"