Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Joique Bell 2013 Season OutlookThe Pierre Thomas of Detroit


  • Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#21 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

Excellent handcuff for extemely cheap. Makes me a lot more comfortable drafting bush in PPR, then snagging bell near the end.

#22 c3neely

c3neely

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

You guys are killing me here...I got bush in a trade..and landed leshoure...now they are saying bell?  Nevermind I have montee ball and moreno sitting on my bench..no room for these guys

Edited by c3neely, 23 August 2013 - 12:40 AM.

12 Team PPR

QB:  Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer
RB:  Eddie Lacy, Toby Gerhart, Chris Johnson, A Bradshaw
WR:  Antonio Brown, Pierre Garcon, Victor Cruz, Jordan Mathews, Greg Jennings
TE:  Jordan Cameron, Jordan Reed, Travis Kelce

#23 Major

Major

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Were they ever saying it was Leshoure? He stinks

#24 ajlynema

ajlynema

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostMajor, on 23 August 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Were they ever saying it was Leshoure? He stinks
Some national guys started out by saying LeShoure was #2 but most Detroit guys were saying their guy is Bell is #2. For some reason, LeShoure is still ranked ahead of Bell but I think if Bush gets injured, Bell will take over 80% of his touches and Leshoure may only increase by 10% with the other 10% being strictly pass plays.
10 team Standard QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1D/ST, 1K

QB: Brees, Big Ben
RB: Charles, Bernard, Vereen, T Richardson, Starks
WR: V Jax, Welker, Edelman, Hopkins, Nicks, Hawkins
TE: Bennet
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Walsh

#25 instant290

instant290

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

How do you pronounce this guys name: Joy-k? Jo-kwee? Jo-icky? Is the J silent and it's just Oik?

#26 ajlynema

ajlynema

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

View Postinstant290, on 23 August 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

How do you pronounce this guys name: Joy-k? Jo-kwee? Jo-icky? Is the J silent and it's just Oik?
Joy-k is currect.
Only reason he didn't get drafted as high as comparable backs is because he went to a D2 school and doesn't test well in workouts.
10 team Standard QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1D/ST, 1K

QB: Brees, Big Ben
RB: Charles, Bernard, Vereen, T Richardson, Starks
WR: V Jax, Welker, Edelman, Hopkins, Nicks, Hawkins
TE: Bennet
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Walsh

#27 cutter311

cutter311

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Location:Colorado

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Think his potential for Flex value on a bye week is more than Dwyers in ANY situation....

That, and the fact that Bush on turf may or may not be a good thing (he looks crazy good so far...may wish I took him over MJD when the dust settles). But, I think that JB may have some value even while Bush is healthy cuz he's gonna be so tired running up and down the field...

Anyone else rolling with Bell as a RB5/6?

Edited by Patrick Bateman, 27 August 2013 - 12:34 PM.
AC Content Removed

QB: Kaepernick
RB: Spiller, TRich, A. Morris, ZacAttack, Ellington, Jennings
WR: Roddy, J. Gordon, K. Allen, M. Brown
TE: Gronk
D: Seatlle
K: FotW

12-team / redraft / money league

#28 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

View Postcutter311, on 27 August 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Considering Bell over Dwyer at this point...Think his potential for Flex value on a bye week is more than Dwyers in ANY situation....

That, and the fact that Bush on turf may or may not be a good thing (he looks crazy good so far...may wish I took him over MJD when the dust settles). But, I think that JB may have some value even while Bush is healthy cuz he's gonna be so tired running up and down the field...

Anyone else rolling with Bell as a RB5/6?

Me. Bell can do what Bush do. Bush is injury prone as hell and we may see Bell on the field to give Bush breathers

#29 nonstopfan

nonstopfan

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postajlynema, on 23 August 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

View Postinstant290, on 23 August 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

How do you pronounce this guys name: Joy-k? Jo-kwee? Jo-icky? Is the J silent and it's just Oik?
Joy-k is currect.
Only reason he didn't get drafted as high as comparable backs is because he went to a D2 school and doesn't test well in workouts.
That's it?

#30 PowderBlue

PowderBlue

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Bell looks great out there but is probably best served in the exact role he is in now -- backing up Bush, providing him relief, but capable of stepping up if an injury strikes. You've got to like the guy.

#31 cutter311

cutter311

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Location:Colorado

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Any chance Bell gets GLC's? I know Leshoure got them last year, but (since I own Bell now), I wonder if they'll give Bell a shot...He's roughly the same size as Leshoure...I'm looking to see if I can find something on conversion % for Bell & Leshoure (and Bush)
QB: Kaepernick
RB: Spiller, TRich, A. Morris, ZacAttack, Ellington, Jennings
WR: Roddy, J. Gordon, K. Allen, M. Brown
TE: Gronk
D: Seatlle
K: FotW

12-team / redraft / money league

#32 scienergy

scienergy

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

PPR Bush & Bell are my top targets FTW.

#33 PowderBlue

PowderBlue

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postcutter311, on 27 August 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Any chance Bell gets GLC's? I know Leshoure got them last year, but (since I own Bell now), I wonder if they'll give Bell a shot...He's roughly the same size as Leshoure...I'm looking to see if I can find something on conversion % for Bell & Leshoure (and Bush)

I don't think Bush is going to be pulled in the red zone, period, unless he needs rest after ripping off one of his catch and runs.

#34 ajlynema

ajlynema

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postnonstopfan, on 27 August 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

View Postajlynema, on 23 August 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

View Postinstant290, on 23 August 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

How do you pronounce this guys name: Joy-k? Jo-kwee? Jo-icky? Is the J silent and it's just Oik?
Joy-k is currect.
Only reason he didn't get drafted as high as comparable backs is because he went to a D2 school and doesn't test well in workouts.
That's it?
Pretty much. It's Joy then a hard K sound.
10 team Standard QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1D/ST, 1K

QB: Brees, Big Ben
RB: Charles, Bernard, Vereen, T Richardson, Starks
WR: V Jax, Welker, Edelman, Hopkins, Nicks, Hawkins
TE: Bennet
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Walsh

#35 ajlynema

ajlynema

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostPowderBlue, on 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

View Postcutter311, on 27 August 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Any chance Bell gets GLC's? I know Leshoure got them last year, but (since I own Bell now), I wonder if they'll give Bell a shot...He's roughly the same size as Leshoure...I'm looking to see if I can find something on conversion % for Bell & Leshoure (and Bush)

I don't think Bush is going to be pulled in the red zone, period, unless he needs rest after ripping off one of his catch and runs.
I think they are going to be pretty much running like Bush is #1, Bell is #2 and Leshoure is #3 for the moment. We'll see how it goes down the road but Bell is just as elusive as Leshoure back there and just as powerful too.
10 team Standard QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1D/ST, 1K

QB: Brees, Big Ben
RB: Charles, Bernard, Vereen, T Richardson, Starks
WR: V Jax, Welker, Edelman, Hopkins, Nicks, Hawkins
TE: Bennet
D/ST: Cardinals
K: Walsh

#36 bbythepier

bbythepier

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

To me, Joique has value as Bush's handcuff. If you're not a handcuff guy, then you rostering him is playing the injury roullette wheel, right? Bush has 15 & 16 GPs since he bulked up. Turf nowadays isn't turf. Might be safer than grass.

Anyways, guy is a good handcuff. I'd definitely own him if i took Bush.

#37 DS1419

DS1419

    Triple-A

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postajlynema, on 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostPowderBlue, on 27 August 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

View Postcutter311, on 27 August 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

Any chance Bell gets GLC's? I know Leshoure got them last year, but (since I own Bell now), I wonder if they'll give Bell a shot...He's roughly the same size as Leshoure...I'm looking to see if I can find something on conversion % for Bell & Leshoure (and Bush)

I don't think Bush is going to be pulled in the red zone, period, unless he needs rest after ripping off one of his catch and runs.
I think they are going to be pretty much running like Bush is #1, Bell is #2 and Leshoure is #3 for the moment. We'll see how it goes down the road but Bell is just as elusive as Leshoure back there and just as powerful too.

So you're saying Bell sucks as much as Leshoure? Not really:

Leshoure has shown no power and no elusiveness through his NFL career. Bell is a much better back and I'm glad Detroit finally fingured it out. In the single pass-happiest offense that consistently spreads the ball around and boasts the best WR of the past decade, you likely shouldn't expect too many stacked boxes, which should equate to a 'back with at least 4.5 YPC. Leshoure averaged 3.7 and consistently got stuffed at the goal line. Meanwhile, Bell averaged 5.0 YPC. Bell deservedly is ahead of Leshoure and in a prime spot to breakout if Bush gets injured. And let's be honest, we all expect that to happen at some point.

Bell is as solid a 14th rounder as you're going to find: A high upside player one injury away from a significant role.
12 Team 4-player Keeper League: starters in bold

QB - Jay Cutler, Colin Kaepernick
RB - Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, Trent Richardson, Chris Ivory
WR - Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Percy Harvin, Denarius Moore, Harry Douglas
TE - Jimmy Graham, Martellus Bennett
K - Steven Haushka
D - Bengals, Panthers

#38 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

    All-Time Great

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,000 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postbbythepier, on 27 August 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

To me, Joique has value as Bush's handcuff. If you're not a handcuff guy, then you rostering him is playing the injury roullette wheel, right? Bush has 15 & 16 GPs since he bulked up. Turf nowadays isn't turf. Might be safer than grass.

Anyways, guy is a good handcuff. I'd definitely own him if i took Bush.

I agree with this except about the turf part.  I think he's a clear handcuff and probably won't see enough consistent action to warrant playing him without injury.  However, Bush has never handled more than 260 touches in a season or about about 15 per game.  Someone else has to get those other touches.  Last year, Detroit gave their backs about 470 touches.  Who else will get the other 200+ touches?  And if Bush goes down?  Then it's a timeshare with Bell getting the more productive touches, IMO.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

*********

#39 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

View Postbbythepier, on 27 August 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

To me, Joique has value as Bush's handcuff. If you're not a handcuff guy, then you rostering him is playing the injury roullette wheel, right? Bush has 15 & 16 GPs since he bulked up. Turf nowadays isn't turf. Might be safer than grass.

Anyways, guy is a good handcuff. I'd definitely own him if i took Bush.

I agree with this except about the turf part.  I think he's a clear handcuff and probably won't see enough consistent action to warrant playing him without injury.  However, Bush has never handled more than 260 touches in a season or about about 15 per game.  Someone else has to get those other touches.  Last year, Detroit gave their backs about 470 touches.  Who else will get the other 200+ touches?  And if Bush goes down?  Then it's a timeshare with Bell getting the more productive touches, IMO.

great Analysis

#40 bbythepier

bbythepier

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

View Postbbythepier, on 27 August 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

To me, Joique has value as Bush's handcuff. If you're not a handcuff guy, then you rostering him is playing the injury roullette wheel, right? Bush has 15 & 16 GPs since he bulked up. Turf nowadays isn't turf. Might be safer than grass.

Anyways, guy is a good handcuff. I'd definitely own him if i took Bush.

I agree with this except about the turf part.  I think he's a clear handcuff and probably won't see enough consistent action to warrant playing him without injury.  However, Bush has never handled more than 260 touches in a season or about about 15 per game.  Someone else has to get those other touches.  Last year, Detroit gave their backs about 470 touches.  Who else will get the other 200+ touches?  And if Bush goes down?  Then it's a timeshare with Bell getting the more productive touches, IMO.

Fair enough, but not sure the 260 touch cap that Bush had in MIA applies to him in Detroit. Just as his touch cap in New Orleans didn't really match his cap in MIA. It could, but on the other hand he might add 40 more touches in the form of RB receptions (due to an entirely different O). And using the assumption that receptions are less demanding on the body than runs, not really increase his injury risk by that much.

As a baseball comparison, forever Nelson Cruz and Ian Kinsler were injury risks. And then all of a sudden they weren't. It's possible Reggie's bulkier frame along with learning how to take a hit might have pushed him past his injury nexus.

Edited by bbythepier, 27 August 2013 - 03:07 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users