46 replies to this topic

#1 Lemasive

Lemasive

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I placed it in this forum, because I know alot of you feel that there is a jinx that really exists. What I wanna talk about is if the Jinx is our unconscious mind telling us that this is a bad decision or if we actually can find some fantasy use for this ungodly feeling of doom.

One example is having a slumping player, every time you bench him however he blasts of with a elite line and everytime you start him afterwards you get nothing. This is a very usual occurance in fantasy I've noticed and what can you do to avoid the jinx?

I know it's abit fluffy on what I wanna talk about and since english is not my native tounge, I hope i can atleast get something through.
Swedish guy with an all swedish Baseball Fantasy League just trying to swim in deep unkown waters.

#2 taobball

taobball

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

*puff* *pass*
  • Travis Burten, BxBOMBERs28 and a tiger's jaw like this
2014 IU Dorm Floor/Wing League
12 Team, PPR, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex
QB: Jay Cutler
RB (2): Montee Ball, CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson, Dexter McCluster
WR (3): Demaryius Thomas, Pierre Garcon, Kendall Wright, Deandre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Andrew Hawkins, Cody Latimer
TE: Zack Ertz
DEF: Streaming
K: Mike Nugent

#3 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Every single time I've streamed a pitcher against the Mariners Raul Ibanez has hit a homer. Does that count?

#4 Lemasive

Lemasive

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Every single time I've streamed a pitcher against the Mariners Raul Ibanez has hit a homer. Does that count?

Yes, that would count as a jinx. So is there something in the streamers that you like that he profits on, are we repeating the same mistakes without even knowing it?
Swedish guy with an all swedish Baseball Fantasy League just trying to swim in deep unkown waters.

#5 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Whenever I put Lind in my IF spot instead of UTL, he sucks. Sorry all, I will stop doing that unless you need him to have a bad game, then just PM me.
And all the greatest of the heroes
Started jumping from the books
They started wearing ones and zeros
Looking more and more like crooks
They stole the sunlight from the future
Took a sip, drank half the glass then put it back

#6 Schwager

Schwager

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Every time I lose by 1hr and 1 rbi its because Bautistia hit below .200 that week. Does that count?
  • NoClownQuestionsBro likes this
20 Team 8 Keepers (Saves and Holds)

C- Devin Mesoracco
1b- Adam LaRoche
2b- Josh Harrison
3b- Adrian Beltre
SS- Dee Gordon
OF- Giancarlo Stanton
OF- Alex Rios
OF- Yoenis Cespedes
UTIL-Tori Hunter
UTIL- Chase Headley
UTIL- Grady Sizemore

SP- J Scherzer, Colon, THudson, ESantana, Niese, Hughes, De La Rosa, Alvarez, Meyer
RP- Papelbon, Freri, HLDS

#7 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Whenever I put Lind in my IF spot instead of UTL, he sucks. Sorry all, I will stop doing that unless you need him to have a bad game, then just PM me.

I do this with Trumbo and Rizzo. When one or the other is slumping I just swap 1B/UTIL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

#8 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have the same thing with Pedro Alvarez. From my 3B slot, he has 17 homers and a very high average, but he's been horrible from my CI spot. It's really strange how it works that way.
Bring back Ray!

#9 kingjames02392

kingjames02392

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Every time I stream a pitcher vs Houston, Matt Dominguez goes yard.
12 team .5 PPR

QB- Matt Ryan
WR- AJ Green, Marshall, Sanders
RB- Stacy, Gerhart
TE- Heath
FLEX- Torrey Smith

BN- Pierce, Ivory, Ridley, Terrence, DMC, Hakeem Nicks

#10 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

I do this with Trumbo and Rizzo. When one or the other is slumping I just swap 1B/UTIL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Maybe the Moon was in Aquarius...

#11 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Every time I stream a pitcher vs Houston, Matt Dominguez goes yard.

Maybe we can help each other out. Next time you stream against the 'Stros, let me know and I'll start Dominguez. Next time I stream a pitches vs the M's, I'll let you know and you can start Raul.
  • kingjames02392 and 2445ricardo like this

#12 MeisterT

MeisterT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

I have an AJ Burnett jinx, I can't actually watch him pitch cause anytime I do it goes to hell. It started sometime in the middle of last summer too so I drafted him this year thinking "welp, sure love how AJ has turned it around, too bad am not allowed to watch him pitch." For all I know the dude had his tatts removed, wears a Mickey Mouse hat, and breakdances after every K
  • Smallball and xxxFTWxxx like this
"It's the learning f------ nothing that keeps me young." - Al Swearengen

#13 ipstaff

ipstaff

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Wait, I've got one, I've got one!

Every time I draft a player... he sucks.

#14 caseyatbat

caseyatbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

No. (Knock on wood.)
  • Bravesfan155 and MeisterT like this

#15 Backdoor Slider

Backdoor Slider

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I sit on the end of the couch and no one talks to me when one of my pitchers has a no-hitter.

I wear my purple underwear when Jordan Zimmermann is pitchers.

I hop over the line between my kitchen floor and my carpet, as if it's a white chalk line.

None of this is true.
**Poster Formerly Known as 2Balls

Keep up to 7 (Lose round per keeper):

Goldschmidt
JFernandez
Bryce
Kipnis
CGomez
--------------
TFrazier
Teheran

C.Davis
Pence
CSantana
CHamels
DMesoraco

#16 An Old Hippie

An Old Hippie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

I refuse to smack talk to an opponent. Seems like when I have in the past the team just goes to hell. My smack has become more then a little bland now. More along the lines of nice match, hope you lose.

#17 Nefarious Industrialist

Nefarious Industrialist

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

I drafted a team in a crappy public league just so I could get a bunch of players that I also have on other teams. Then when they slump, I pretend to agonize over whether or not to drop them. Because as we all know, as soon as I drop Jason Heyward, he's gonna get picked up and go off on someone else's team. As soon as I drop Kris Medlen, he's gonna get picked up and go off on someone else's team. So I drop them, knowing that when that happens, I'll be thrilled because I still have them on the teams I actually care about. I didn't actually plan it this way, but it's sort of working out like this.

#18 tucker26

tucker26

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

I drafted a team in a crappy public league just so I could get a bunch of players that I also have on other teams. Then when they slump, I pretend to agonize over whether or not to drop them. Because as we all know, as soon as I drop Jason Heyward, he's gonna get picked up and go off on someone else's team. As soon as I drop Kris Medlen, he's gonna get picked up and go off on someone else's team. So I drop them, knowing that when that happens, I'll be thrilled because I still have them on the teams I actually care about. I didn't actually plan it this way, but it's sort of working out like this.

Genius?

#19 superkeest

superkeest

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

last week benched wright for pedro alverez, wright hits 2 on my bench alverez hits a pathetic 1 hr. Next day Cespedes is DTD, so i shuffle him to util, move in wright for cespe. Cespe hits 2 on my bench. Oh well alverez hit like 6 that week so wasn't an issue.

But seriously if you think what you do to your fantasy team affects how professional athletes perform, you need to stop smoking so much weed.

#20 Neymar

Neymar

Allstar

• Probationary Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

According to the dictionary, Superstition is an irrational belief arising from ignorance or fear.

Edited by Neymar, 26 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users