#1 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Never too early B)

I like Jrue a lot more now that he's going to a team with some actual shooters to surround him. Pg friendly offense should do a lot for Jrue. Less to's, better fg%, hopefully. Where do you guys see Jrue's draft value as a member of the Pels?
  • mbroo5880i likes this

#2 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Never too early B)

I like Jrue a lot more now that he's going to a team with some actual shooters to surround him. Pg friendly offense should do a lot for Jrue. Less to's, better fg%, hopefully. Where do you guys see Jrue's draft value as a member of the Pels?

3rd Rounder.

#3 flippy

flippy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

would you pick him ahead with the likes of conley, parker and to some extent jennings?

his 1-20 or so fg% game last year still entrenched in my mind lol

Edited by flippy, 27 June 2013 - 10:41 PM.

• patentboy23 likes this
REC TEAM

#4 Chubbles

Chubbles

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

What happens with grievis?
16 Team 10 Player Keeper (2013 Champion!!!!!)
Hitters: Molina, Davis, Tulowitzki, Pedroia, Beltre, Ellsbury, Puig, Kemp, Melky, Prado, Russell, Reyes, Hill, Grandal, Josh hamilton, Morneau

Pitchers: Wainwright, Fernandez, Bumgarner, Hamels, Lincecum, Ventura, Chavez, Kazmir, Bauer, Mejia, Britton

#5 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

He goes back to playing as a backup point guard.

#6 pduce242424

pduce242424

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

He goes back to playing as a backup point guard.

For a few weeks until Gordon is injured, or at least says he's injured.

#7 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Holiday's playmaking really shined last year after finally being released from under the shadow of Iguodala, but after a hot start to a season, he flamed out a bit at the end. Jrue is entering his 5th season now, and it's now or never to prove his worth, especially now that he has a fresh start in a new change of surroundings. He's in a great situation to succeed, but it's still not a guarantee. If anything, Monty Williams runs things on a short leash, and Holiday's reckless play contradicts greatly with his. With Vasquez on the bench, Williams definitely has an option to keep Holiday in check.

That being said, I can't help but think that the Hornets will be looking to move Vasquez now. He's on the last year of his rookie contract, and he'll certainly be looking to get a pay raise (and a better role). The Hornets aren't in a position to offer that, so it's best for them to get value on him while they can. A Vasquez trade certainly isn't out of the question.

#8 rocko

rocko

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Now the pelicans have 2 pgs that are turnover machines. Holiday is who is he is at this point, I'm not expecting a huge leap if at all. I'd actually bet on a slight regression of his counting stats from last year and maybe higher efficiency or something.
The hornets were last in the league in pace last year despite being plenty young, EG and rivers have sticky fingers, Monty makes weird decisions, Vasquez is a capable back up, etc.
I think the team will be better but I'm not convinced its good for his fantasy value.

#9 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm not seeing how this is better for Jrue. He had the keys to the car last season. That won't be the case on the Pelicans (still weird to type that.) Eric Gordon is not a spot up shooter. If Greivis gets PT because of an Eric Gordon injury, that's not going to help Jrue either. Who will be playing the 3? Aminu? Yuck. Austin Rivers is trash. Robin Lopez is mediocre. Anthony Davis can ball but will Monty finally unleash him? Ryan Anderson, well we all know what he does and besides AD is the only other player that I see that will benefit Jrue. Someone enlighten me.
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team Standard (4-1-0)
QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace
RB - Eddie Lacy, Rashad Jennings
TE - Larry Donnell*
Flex - Ben Tate
K - Dan Bailey
DST - Baltimore (Stream)
Bench - Jeremy Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon*, Matt Asiata*, Khiry Robinson*, Isaiah Crowell*

#10 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'm not seeing how this is better for Jrue. He had the keys to the car last season. That won't be the case on the Pelicans (still weird to type that.) Eric Gordon is not a spot up shooter. If Greivis gets PT because of an Eric Gordon injury, that's not going to help Jrue either. Who will be playing the 3? Aminu? Yuck. Austin Rivers is trash. Robin Lopez is mediocre. Anthony Davis can ball but will Monty finally unleash him? Ryan Anderson, well we all know what he does and besides AD is the only other player that I see that will benefit Jrue. Someone enlighten me.

Well weren't the Hornets so enthralled with Anderson at SF and Davis at PF last year? It's not smart at all in my opinion, but I'd assume Anderson's their primary SF again next year as Aminu might not get picked back up this offseason.

#11 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Wasn't Jrue's problem last year, to's and poor shooting? Maybe it's a better situation for him to play off the ball at times, as opposed to having to do everything for Philly last year. I think the counting stats (asts, pts) will come down, but I'm hoping it also means less turnovers and better shooting percentages.

Edited by tremixt, 28 June 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#12 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:20 AM

Well weren't the Hornets so enthralled with Anderson at SF and Davis at PF last year? It's not smart at all in my opinion, but I'd assume Anderson's their primary SF again next year as Aminu might not get picked back up this offseason.

Ryan Anderson actually came off the bench behind Anthony Davis last season. They almost never played together because Davis is too small to play center (moving Ryan to the PF) and Anderson is too much of a liability at the 3 on defense.

Wasn't Jrue's problem last year, to's and poor shooting? Maybe it's a better situation for him to play off the ball at times, as opposed to having to do everything for Philly last year. I think the counting stats (asts, pts) will come down, but I'm hoping it also means less turnovers and better shooting percentages.

Yes, those were his warts. However, Jrue played off the ball in Philly two seasons ago and I felt like he was out of his element. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out, but chances are I won't be going near Jrue this season. I really like his game too :/
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team Standard (4-1-0)
QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace
RB - Eddie Lacy, Rashad Jennings
TE - Larry Donnell*
Flex - Ben Tate
K - Dan Bailey
DST - Baltimore (Stream)
Bench - Jeremy Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, Josh Gordon*, Matt Asiata*, Khiry Robinson*, Isaiah Crowell*

#13 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

would you pick him ahead with the likes of conley, parker and to some extent jennings?

Probably not ahead of those 3 guys although in an 8 cat league I think he can be.

Edited by EatPrayLove, 28 June 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#14 TheWhiteMamba

TheWhiteMamba

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

I think he should go late 2nd round and might even outplay that. NO runs an incredibly PG-friendly offense that has made guys like Collison, Jack, and Vazquez look a lot better than they actually are. Holiday is a hell of a lot more talented than those guys and he has much better offensive players than he ever had around him in Philly. Without a doubt a top 5 PG next year.
10 team .5 ppr
QB: Stafford
RB: Murray
RB: Ellington
WR: Bryant
WR: Roddy White
TE: Pitta
FLEX: Rashad Jennings
D: Bengals
K: Graham
BN: Chris Johnson
BN: Erick Decker
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Boldin
BN: Justin Hunter
BN: Ahmad Bradshaw
BN: Zach Ertz

#15 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think he should go late 2nd round and might even outplay that. NO runs an incredibly PG-friendly offense that has made guys like Collison, Jack, and Vazquez look a lot better than they actually are. Holiday is a hell of a lot more talented than those guys and he has much better offensive players than he ever had around him in Philly. Without a doubt a top 5 PG next year.

Late 2nd round? That seems quite ambitious.

#16 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

:lol: . If Gordon gets shipped out, Jrue will keep it going from last year. I wouldn't look at him until the 3rd or 4th round.

12 team h2h 12 cat (FGM, FTM, O Rebs)

PG- M. Conley, J. Lin, A. Burks

SG- G. Hayward, K. Martin 

SF- T. Jones, D. Gallinari

PF- A. Davis, D. Nowitzki, E. Illyasova

C- A. Horford, D. Favors, H. Sims

14 team h2h 9 cat

PG- R. Westbrook, D. Williams, J. Jack

SG- J. Green, R. Jackson

SF- P. Pierce, T. Ross

PF- D. Nowitzki, D. West, Marcus Morris

C- P. Gasol, J. Valanciunas 

#17 rocko

rocko

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Late 2nd round? That seems quite ambitious.

Gotta be talking 8 cat

#18 Izanagi

Izanagi

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ryno MAY play SF at times but he'll be in his usual sixth man role,also heard rumblings of GV at SF in small ball lineups.

Aminu might be brought back but it's doubtful,if he is,he'll be an energy guy

AD bulked up by 15 pounds already,He'll be fine.

We have 6 Mil in cap space so we should be able get a decent fill in. Don't count the pels out for iggy either:

Holiday
EG
Iggy
Davis
Lopez

is no joke

Edited by Izanagi, 28 June 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Saints,Pelicans,Sharks and Nationals Fan

#19 tron34

tron34

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think it's reasonable to assume he could be a top 5 PG, but looking at the list I'd say Paul, Wall, Westbrook, Rondo, Curry and Rose would be names to put ahead first. Still a really good player who is young for how long he has been in the league. Monty Williams is a former Popovich assistant who has his Tim Duncan in place with Davis and I think views Holliday as his Tony Parker. He'll probably get a lot of easy assists to Davis off of lobs and short jump shots and Gordon will fill it up if he's around. I think there's plenty to go around in New Orleans for him to expand on his numbers from last season and have a chip on his shoulder to show why he shouldn't have been traded.
  • Izanagi likes this
"How bad is it for Larry Fitzgerald that when he finishes pre game, that's the best part of his day?"- Mike Golic

#20 Izanagi

Izanagi

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yeah that's where i have him too

I would take him in round 4 but i'm ok with the end of the 3rd too
Saints,Pelicans,Sharks and Nationals Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users