Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Taylor Jordan 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Making his debut against the Mets today.

Dude doesn't look bad. Produces tons of ground balls. Has a decent slider. The word is his change-up is a work on progress, couldn't tell that by the ones he's thrown today.

He has a unorthodox delivery.

Velocity is from 91 to 95 with his sinking fastball.

Let's see what happens the 2nd time around against the Mets.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#2 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Dude doesn't look bad. Produces tons of ground balls. Has a decent slider. The word is his change-up is a work on progress, couldn't tell that by the ones he's thrown today.

Figured it was time to get a thread going. I've seen a few good changeups, looks to be a circle change with a little fade to it. The command isn't great but not very many rookies have great command especially in their first start. Reserving judgement for now, he has had some hard hit balls right at people

#3 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Figured it was time to get a thread going. I've seen a few good changeups, looks to be a circle change with a little fade to it. The command isn't great but not very many rookies have great command especially in their first start. Reserving judgement for now, he has had some hard hit balls right at people

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I w
12 Teams - Dynasty - No Minors
R/H/2B/3B/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OBP/SLG W/L/CG/SHO/SV/HR/BB/K/ERA/WHIP/QS

C Devin Mesoraco / 1B Anthony Rizzo / 2B Dustin Ackley / 3B Anthony Rendon / SS Mookie Betts
IF Jose Bautista / LF Corey Dickerson / CF Yasiel Puig / RF Justin Upton / Util Jorge Soler

BN Kolten Wong / Lonnie Chisenhall / Yangervis Solarte / Brandon Moss
DL Manny Machado / Yadier Molina NA Carlos Correa

SP Julio Teheran / Jake Arrieta / Gerrit Cole / Chris Tillman / Brandon McCarthy / Nathan Eovaldi
RP Craig Kimbrel / Joaquin Benoit / Ken Giles

#4 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I would say is his delivery is more than unorthodox, it's downright painful. They showed an X-mo of his change, and you could see the torque he puts on that elbow as he sort of swings his arm around and holds it, putting crazy stress on that joint. I think he'll live up to his initials of TJ at some point in the near future. It also isn't great for his shoulder either.

C Devin Mesoraco / 1B Anthony Rizzo / 2B Dustin Ackley / 3B Anthony Rendon / SS Mookie Betts
IF Jose Bautista / LF Corey Dickerson / CF Yasiel Puig / RF Justin Upton / Util Jorge Soler

SP Julio Teheran / Jake Arrieta / Gerrit Cole / Chris Tillman / Brandon McCarthy / Nathan Eovaldi

#5 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I would say is his delivery is more than unorthodox, it's downright painful. They showed an X-mo of his change, and you could see the torque he puts on that elbow as he sort of swings his arm around and holds it, putting crazy stress on that joint. I think he'll live up to his initials of TJ at some point in the near future. It also isn't great for his shoulder either.

If I'm not mistaken, he's already had TJ surgery.

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#6 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

If I'm not mistaken, he's already had TJ surgery.

That would t surprise me. His delivery is just cringe worthy. I would guess he's going to have it again at some point.

#7 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yea hes already had tommy john but thats something I think everyone notices with that delivery. He leads with his elbow which puts a lot of pressure on it. Lets not forget the negative of playing behind the Nats D as mr. error Zimmerman commits another

#8 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yea hes already had tommy john but thats something I think everyone notices with that delivery. He leads with his elbow which puts a lot of pressure on it. Lets not forget the negative of playing behind the Nats D as mr. error Zimmerman commits another

And now a bloop popup that everyone gets a terrible jump on. The Nationals wonder why they aren't doing as well this year, I think they need to start with defense.

#9 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

And now a bloop popup that everyone gets a terrible jump on. The Nationals wonder why they aren't doing as well this year, I think they need to start with defense.

That was pretty sad.

Edited by Z06vette, 29 June 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#10 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

That was pretty sad.

At least Dorn didn't undercut Willie Mays Hayes and almost get injured on the collision.

Edit: holy crap! Please tell me everyone saw that?! That was amazing.

Edited by mcbane, 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#11 Yanksfan06

Yanksfan06

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Wow poor Taylor, defense hanging him out to dry

Edited by Yanksfan06, 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#12 neverrelaxed

neverrelaxed

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Awesome, 2 errors on one play.

Edited by neverrelaxed, 29 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

ESPN MLB 12 Team H2H Points League (5 Keepers)

C Jonathan Lucroy
1B Jose Abreu
2B Robinson Cano
3B Conor Gillaspie
SS Jose Reyes
OF Yasiel Puig / Giancarlo Stanton / Matt Kemp
UTIL Jedd Gyorko / Arismendy Alcantara / Yangervis Solarte

SP Adam Wainwright / Alex Cobb / Tanner Roark / Cliff Lee / Dallas Keuchel / Alex Wood / Henderson Alvarez / Francisco Liriano / Jimmy Nelson / Jarred Cosart

RP Sean Doolittle / Mark Melancon

DL Michael Pineda

#13 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Guy is probably thinking he had better defense in the minors right about now.

#14 bmay

bmay

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

His command was iffy all day. Not sure how I feel about keeping him.
14-team H2H Points League (weekly):
C - McCann
1B - Rizzo
2B - Cano
3B - Encarnacion
SS - Bogaerts
OF - Braun, Bruce, Hunter
DH - Seager
Bench - Beltran, Davis, Harper (DL), Polanco, Solarte

P - Bailey, Cain, Doolittle, Iwakuma, Kluber, Lynn, Quintana, Samardzija
Bench - De La Rosa, Holland (DL), Janssen, Kuroda, Liriano, Porcello, Smyly, Syndergaard (M)

#15 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Someone please tell me why Storen is allowed near a stadium let alone a pitchers mound?

What's wrong with keeping Ohlendorf in there for the 7th? His style would have been better suited against the Brewers. Cost Jordan an easy win. I hope Davey Johnson is fired soon, such dumb decisions. And Rendon should be batting lead off, Span is clearly killing this team and is totally useless.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles. Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump. It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#16 freevick

freevick

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well they pinch hit for ohlendorf in the 6th...

#17 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Well they pinch hit for ohlendorf in the 6th...

Made no sense, he could have done the same thing Lombardozzi did, sac them over. Until Storen figures out how to pitch again, he should be doing mop up duty. Absolutely no reason to have a pitcher with a 5 ERA in the 7th trying to hold a 3 run lead unless it's the first week of April.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles. Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump. It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#18 placeholder

placeholder

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

A nice two start this week - anybody rolling him out there?

vs Phil.
vs Mia.
C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - ...........
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Paul Goldschmidt
MI - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Shin Choo
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Will Venable
UTL - Leonys Martin
DL - Corey Hart

#19 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

A nice two start this week - anybody rolling him out there?

vs Phil.
vs Mia.

I've got him as a stream start tomorrow for ratios. Definitely worth a start against the Marlins.
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team Standard (0-0-0)
QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Mike Wallace
RB - Eddie Lacy, Rashad Jennings
TE - Jordan Reed
Flex - Ben Tate
K - Dan Bailey
DST - Philadelphia (Stream)
Bench - Jeremy Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, Jarrett Boykin, Danny Woodhead, Jonathan Dwyer*, Josh Gordon*

* - Waiver pickup
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team Standard (0-0-0)
QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith, Reuben Randle
RB - LeSean McCoy, Ben Tate
TE - Kyle Rudolph
Flex - Joique Bell
K - Shayne Graham
DST - Philadelphia* (Stream)
Bench - Bernard Pierce, Jarrett Boykin, Knowshon Moreno, Cody Latimer, James Starks, Jonathan Dwyer*

#20 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

looking ahead to next week for 2 start pitchers (for leagues that consider this week and next week 2 separate weeks).

Not a lot of steamers available, and this kid gets 2 home games, vs. Pitt and NYM.

Not the worst matchups you can ask for, especially with the Nats putting up some more runs, and getting both games at home, he has a decent chance for 2 wins...should get one at least.

I stopped watching him after that first outing debacle, but it looks like he's been pitching better each game. Opinions?
12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex.

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Lesean Mccoy
RB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Torrey Smith
TE: Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Pierre Thomas
K: Blair Walsh
Def: New England

Bench: Riley Cooper, Kenny Stills, Brian Hartline, Jordan Matthews, Jonathon Stewart, Knile Davis, Roy Helu