Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Taylor Jordan 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Making his debut against the Mets today.

Dude doesn't look bad. Produces tons of ground balls. Has a decent slider.  The word is his change-up is a work on progress, couldn't tell that by the ones he's thrown today.

He has a unorthodox delivery.

Velocity is from 91 to 95 with his sinking fastball.

Let's see what happens the 2nd time around against the Mets.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#2 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostZ06vette, on 29 June 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Dude doesn't look bad. Produces tons of ground balls. Has a decent slider.  The word is his change-up is a work on progress, couldn't tell that by the ones he's thrown today.

Figured it was time to get a thread going. I've seen a few good changeups, looks to be a circle change with a little fade to it. The command isn't great but not very many rookies have great command especially in their first start. Reserving judgement for now, he has had some hard hit balls right at people

#3 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postbravesfan4life, on 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Figured it was time to get a thread going. I've seen a few good changeups, looks to be a circle change with a little fade to it. The command isn't great but not very many rookies have great command especially in their first start. Reserving judgement for now, he has had some hard hit balls right at people

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I w
12 Teams - Dynasty - No Minors
R/H/2B/3B/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OBP/SLG         W/L/CG/SHO/SV/HR/BB/K/ERA/WHIP/QS

C Devin Mesoraco / 1B Anthony Rizzo / 2B Anthony Rendon / 3B Manny Machado / SS Mookie Betts
IF Matt Adams / LF Corey Dickerson / CF Yasiel Puig / RF Justin Upton / Util Brandon Moss

BN Xander Bogaerts / Kolten Wong / Derek Norris / Oscar Taveras
DL AJ Pollock NA Carlos Correa / Jorge Soler

SP Julio Teheran / Jake Arrieta / Scott Kazmir / Matt Garza / Jesse Hahn / Ian Kennedy
RP Craig Kimbrel / Ken Giles / Wade Davis
DL Gerrit Cole

#4 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I would say is his delivery is more than unorthodox, it's downright painful. They showed an X-mo of his change, and you could see the torque he puts on that elbow as he sort of swings his arm around and holds it, putting crazy stress on that joint. I think he'll live up to his initials of TJ at some point in the near future. It also isn't great for his shoulder either.

C Devin Mesoraco / 1B Anthony Rizzo / 2B Anthony Rendon / 3B Manny Machado / SS Mookie Betts
IF Matt Adams / LF Corey Dickerson / CF Yasiel Puig / RF Justin Upton / Util Brandon Moss

SP Julio Teheran / Jake Arrieta / Scott Kazmir / Matt Garza / Jesse Hahn / Ian Kennedy
DL Gerrit Cole

#5 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postmcbane, on 29 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

He's looked pretty good, but the one thing I would say is his delivery is more than unorthodox, it's downright painful. They showed an X-mo of his change, and you could see the torque he puts on that elbow as he sort of swings his arm around and holds it, putting crazy stress on that joint. I think he'll live up to his initials of TJ at some point in the near future. It also isn't great for his shoulder either.

If I'm not mistaken, he's already had TJ surgery.

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#6 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostZ06vette, on 29 June 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

View Postmcbane, on 29 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

If I'm not mistaken, he's already had TJ surgery.

That would t surprise me. His delivery is just cringe worthy. I would guess he's going to have it again at some point.

DL Gerrit Cole

#7 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yea hes already had tommy john but thats something I think everyone notices with that delivery. He leads with his elbow which puts a lot of pressure on it. Lets not forget the negative of playing behind the Nats D as mr. error Zimmerman commits another

#8 bravesfan4life

bravesfan4life

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postbravesfan4life, on 29 June 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yea hes already had tommy john but thats something I think everyone notices with that delivery. He leads with his elbow which puts a lot of pressure on it. Lets not forget the negative of playing behind the Nats D as mr. error Zimmerman commits another

And now a bloop popup that everyone gets a terrible jump on. The Nationals wonder why they aren't doing as well this year, I think they need to start with defense.

#9 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,216 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

View Postbravesfan4life, on 29 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

And now a bloop popup that everyone gets a terrible jump on. The Nationals wonder why they aren't doing as well this year, I think they need to start with defense.

That was pretty sad.

Edited by Z06vette, 29 June 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#10 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostZ06vette, on 29 June 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

View Postbravesfan4life, on 29 June 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

That was pretty sad.

At least Dorn didn't undercut Willie Mays Hayes and almost get injured on the collision.

Edit: holy crap! Please tell me everyone saw that?! That was amazing.

Edited by mcbane, 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

DL Gerrit Cole

#11 Yanksfan06

Yanksfan06

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Wow poor Taylor, defense hanging him out to dry

Edited by Yanksfan06, 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#12 neverrelaxed

neverrelaxed

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Awesome, 2 errors on one play.

Edited by neverrelaxed, 29 June 2013 - 01:50 PM.

ESPN MLB 12 Team H2H Points League (5 Keepers)

C  Jonathan Lucroy
1B  Jose Abreu
2B  Robinson Cano
3B  Conor Gillaspie
SS  Jose Reyes
OF  Yasiel Puig / Giancarlo Stanton / Matt Kemp
UTIL  Jedd Gyorko / Arismendy Alcantara / Yangervis Solarte

SP  Adam Wainwright / Alex Cobb / Tanner Roark / Cliff Lee / Dallas Keuchel / Alex Wood / Henderson Alvarez / Francisco Liriano / Jimmy Nelson / Jarred Cosart

RP  Sean Doolittle / Mark Melancon

DL  Michael Pineda

#13 supac720

supac720

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Guy is probably thinking he had better defense in the minors right about now.

#14 bmay

bmay

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

His command was iffy all day. Not sure how I feel about keeping him.
14-team H2H Points League (weekly):
C - McCann
1B - Rizzo
2B - Cano
3B - Encarnacion
SS - Bogaerts
OF - Braun, Bruce, Hunter
DH - Seager
Bench - Beltran, Davis, Harper (DL), Polanco, Solarte

P - Bailey, Cain, Doolittle, Iwakuma, Kluber, Lynn, Quintana, Samardzija
Bench - De La Rosa, Holland (DL), Janssen, Kuroda, Liriano, Porcello, Smyly, Syndergaard (M)

#15 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Someone please tell me why Storen is allowed near a stadium let alone a pitchers mound?

What's wrong with keeping Ohlendorf in there for the 7th?  His style would have been better suited against the Brewers.  Cost Jordan an easy win.  I hope Davey Johnson is fired soon, such dumb decisions.  And Rendon should be batting lead off, Span is clearly killing this team and is totally useless.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles.  Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump.  It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#16 freevick

freevick

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Well they pinch hit for ohlendorf in the 6th...

#17 FUM

FUM

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postfreevick, on 04 July 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Well they pinch hit for ohlendorf in the 6th...

Made no sense, he could have done the same thing Lombardozzi did, sac them over.   Until Storen figures out how to pitch again, he should be doing mop up duty.  Absolutely no reason to have a pitcher with a 5 ERA in the 7th trying to hold a 3 run lead unless it's the first week of April.
Rotoworld Forums' Official Badass with 6 warning points.

Most of what I post is for giggles.  Please do not take me seriously when I'm venting about a pitcher that just got bombed or a hitter in a 2 for 20 slump.  It's all for effect and trying to make all my fellow rotoheads chuckle, so don't be "that guy", yeah you know what I'm talking about.

#18 placeholder

placeholder

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

A nice two start this week - anybody rolling him out there?

vs Phil.
vs Mia.
C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - ...........
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Paul Goldschmidt
MI - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Shin Choo
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Will Venable
UTL - Leonys Martin
DL - Corey Hart

#19 lbjames6

lbjames6

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postplaceholder, on 08 July 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

A nice two start this week - anybody rolling him out there?

vs Phil.
vs Mia.

I've got him as a stream start tomorrow for ratios. Definitely worth a start against the Marlins.

#20 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

looking ahead to next week for 2 start pitchers (for leagues that consider this week and next week 2 separate weeks).

Not a lot of steamers available, and this kid gets 2 home games, vs. Pitt and NYM.

Not the worst matchups you can ask for, especially with the Nats putting up some more runs, and getting both games at home, he has a decent chance for 2 wins...should get one at least.

I stopped watching him after that first outing debacle, but it looks like he's been pitching better each game. Opinions?
10 Team Auction Draft: OBP & SLG league (dominated the draft, traded for Tulo 2 weeks before he went down, but still currently 131-67-18, 22.5 games ahead of 2nd place)

C:   Wilin Rosario
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve
3B: Todd Frazier
SS: Danny Santana
CI: Adrian Gonzalez
MI: Dustin Ackley
OF: Jose Bautista, Justin Upton, Jay Bruce, Kole Calhoun, Rajai Davis
Util: Mark Trumbo
Bench: Shin-Soo Choo, Oscar Taveras, Josh Reddick

SP: Max Scherzer, Chris Sale, Jon Lester, Scott Kazmir, Alex Wood, Dallas Keuchel, Michael Pineda, Mike Fiers
RP: Sean Doolittle, Jason Grilli, Cody Allen
DL: Homer Bailey