284 replies to this topic

#1 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I am wondering what people are expecting for Jeff Green this year on the new Celtics team. He should be a focal point moving forward.

Thoughts? Projections? Bueller?

Wake up.

#2 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

His numbers from last postseason are what I'm expecting.

#3 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

He's obviously going to be relied upon much more. Last season when he was good, he was REALLY good, but he'll need to be more dependable this coming season.

#4 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

He's obviously going to be relied upon much more. Last season when he was good, he was REALLY good, but he'll need to be more dependable this coming season.

I agree, he seems like more of a guy who flourishes when he's not being heavily relied on. This next year he may be one of the main Celtics, so will he take a step forward and take advantage, or will he get overworried and be inconsistent???? I guess that's the big question.

Wake up.

#5 Heavy_Jon

Heavy_Jon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Nope, I don't think he has the heart for replicate those numbers for an entire 82 game season. Sad but true, he was always a midlevel talented guy you played too many minutes. He will have no doubt some veryu good games but that's it.

#6 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Nope, I don't think he has the heart for replicate those numbers for an entire 82 game season. Sad but true, he was always a midlevel talented guy you played too many minutes. He will have no doubt some veryu good games but that's it.

Who else is going to score on the team? A very empty 20 points on low efficiency is very reasonable.

Edited by ballsohard, 01 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#7 JetCityPersian

JetCityPersian

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • Interests:Jet-Propelled

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm also dubious. Rondo is the candidate for a total blow-up this season, but there's a ton of "if's" there...

#8 tremixt

tremixt

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

My mild prediction. Guy was a decent fantasy contributor when he got starter minutes for the Thunder. No reason he can't reproduce a decent fantasy line now.

17 ppg, 6rebs, 1.7 apg, 1.0 stl
42% FG, 80% FT, 5FT attempts, and over 1 3p make per game.

Edited by tremixt, 01 July 2013 - 08:17 PM.

• Code of Hammurabi likes this

#9 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

For reference, during his last season with OKC, he was #55 overall.
  • tremixt likes this

#10 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,039 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Pretty much a poor mans Danny Granger from his good, healthy days sans the 2+ 3ptm per game

My mild prediction. Guy was a decent fantasy contributor when he got starter minutes for the Thunder. No reason he can't reproduce a decent fantasy line now.

42% FG, 80% FT, 5FT attempts, and over 1 3p make per game.

• tremixt likes this
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#11 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I think this guy is going to be a trender so I just want to make sure I'm on the right page with him. He does seem like more of a mid-level talent, but he's not bad and does have a good opportunity. Sometimes bad teams falls behind in games and players from the bad team can easily rack up the production, from a fantasy perspective this can be very useful when in reality the player is not winning any games.

Wake up.

#12 bigge2win

bigge2win

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Pretty much a poor mans Danny Granger from his good, healthy days sans the 2+ 3ptm per game

42% FG, 80% FT
, 5FT attempts, and over 1 3p make per game.

So that makes him Rudy Gay?
  • ballsohard likes this

#13 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

That's actually a pretty solid comparison. I think we can expect Gay-type numbers from Green this season.
  • EL-Guti likes this

#14 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

I dont think Green will ever steal the ball with the frequency of Rudy Gay, but he might be slightly more efficient with fg% and tos.

That's actually a pretty solid comparison. I think we can expect Gay-type numbers from Green this season.

#15 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

I dont think Green will ever steal the ball with the frequency of Rudy Gay, but he might be slightly more efficient with fg% and tos.

I wouldn't except any sort of positives from Green's FG% this season. He's never had great shot selection, and his touch around the rim, while improving, is pretty bad for someone of his length. Considering how he will be the only legitimate offensive option for Boston next year (sadly), he's going to be looking at a lot of bad shots he'll have to put up. However, I think where Green makes up for the loss in steals is points and three's.

Edited by ballsohard, 02 July 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#16 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Surprisingly Green's career fg% is 45%, the same as Rudy G. I think you are right though. He could be forced to really jack a lot of contested shots next season. However, playing with Rondo (no sure thing he'll be there) and those easy buckets could help counter balance the impact.

I wouldn't except any sort of positives from Green's FG% this season. He's never had great shot selection, and his touch around the rim, while improving, is pretty bad for someone of his length. However, I think where Green makes up for the loss in steals is points and three's.

#17 jibby2

jibby2

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Don't forget the blocks!

I'm also a little concerned about his consistency, and his ability to fold in the spotlight... that said, he, like Gay and Granger, has at times been one of the few guys that could get you a 3, stl, and block all in 1 game with at least some regularity. He definitely had a strong uptick in blocks to end the season last year. With a career bpg of 0.8, he was closer to 1.2 bpg from Feb-April this past season. He had a few 3+ block games in there too.

I'd consider him more like Gay with less stls and a few more blks potentially.
  • EL-Guti likes this

#18 rc0188

rc0188

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

He could finish in the top 50, but i think you are reaching if you snag him before round 6.

My advice let him fall to you and reap the benefits of a top 50 player.

#19 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

He could finish in the top 50, but i think you are reaching if you snag him before round 6.

My advice let him fall to you and reap the benefits of a top 50 player.

If you want Green, I'm not sure you can afford to wait that long. Even with his underwhelming track record to date, he's still a super athletic wing with a lot of potential who will be one of the primary options of a bad team this year. Plus, he still has Rondo as his PG, and I'm hearing a lot of sources speculating Rondo will be back by opening day. Considering his work ethic and determination, I wouldn't be surprised at that one bit.

#20 terribleswedes

terribleswedes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

His FG% has been trending up for a couple years now, although one was incomplete. I think 46 is reasonable, and I could see it going higher, even. 43 or 42 sound low.

My worry for him is that he felt like he proved his point last year. He made a big deal about his renewed focus after his (literal) heart problems, and I think that accounts for some of the improvement we saw from him. Will he still have the same fire?

8-team, 8-cat roto:

Anthony Davis, Kyle Lowry, Kawhi Leonard, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, Derrick Rose, Kyle Korver, Jeff Teague, Marcin Gortat, Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Jones, Darren Collison, Tobias Harris

10-team, 9-cat H2H:
Stephen Curry, Kobe Bryant, Mike Conley, Paul Millsap, Nikola Vucevic, David Lee, Tyson Chandler, Kemba Walker, Jeremy Lin, Tony Parker, Jared Sullinger, Danny Green, Gerald Green

12-team, 9-cat roto (draft-only team):

John Wall, Victor Oladipo, Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, LaMarcus Aldridge, Derrick Favors, Tyson Chandler, Nikola Pekovic,  Ricky Rubio, Jeff Green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users