314 replies to this topic

#1 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm not much into college football, but saw his name on one of the topics not too long ago and liked the guy. In Buffalo, he has no competition at the WR spot. I also saw that he had early to mid round scouting grades, 11th draft eligible WR, but went I drafted because of trouble.

After seeing his highlights coupled with EJ Manuel's highlights, he looks like a good stash in 12 teamers with deep benches and 14+ leagues where you have bench space.

View Postrraayy3, on 20 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#2 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 03 July 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

In Buffalo, he has no competition at the WR spot.

How do you figure? Steve Johnson is the clear number 1. They just drafted Robert Woods. And Scott Chandler (TE) looked really good last year, and you have to figure Spiller will see a good bit of action in the pass game. On top of all those targets, EJ Manuel isn't likely to put up huge numbers.

Edited by Prea, 03 July 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#3 Topgun

Topgun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I like him, he's worth a stash, but keep in mind they drafted Robert Woods in the 2nd round,Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd round, they still have Stevie Johnson, and T.J Graham looks good as well. He has
character concerns. One strike, and he's out.

Edited by Topgun, 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM.

I'd love to join a CBS salary cap fantasy baseball league.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 team H2H-Daily Dynasty League
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Line-up
C Santana-Freeman-Cano-Beltre-Danny Santana-Kemp-Dickerson-Trout-Ortiz
Kyle Hendericks-Fiers-Kazmir-Kluber-Scherzer-Chapman-Uehara
Reserves
Vogt-JD Martinez-Carpenter-Utley-Zobrist-Avisail Garcia-Markakis-Solarte
Archer-Chris Young-Worley-Hellickson-Carrasco-Smyly-Casilla-Soriano
Minors
2B Mookie Betts-2B Robert Refsnyder-3B Maikel Franco-Bradley Zimmer-SS Nick Gordon-
SP Kyle Zimmer-deGrom-Wada-Despaigne-Petricka
DL Harvey-Cliff Lee-Corbin-Votto-Cargo

#4 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostPrea, on 03 July 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 03 July 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

In Buffalo, he has no competition at the WR spot.

How do you figure? Steve Johnson is the clear number 1. They just drafted Robert Woods. And Scott Chandler (TE) looked really good last year, and you have to figure Spiller will see a good bit of action in the pass game. On top of all those targets, EJ Manuel isn't likely to put up huge numbers.

Stevie is a slot guy, while Rogers should be banging around outside with the big guys. Outside and slot WRs are two different kinds. In the first day of Bills' offseason training, he caught passes for 80 and 65 yards. I like him. Especially since he was graded out higher than the WRs that the Bills drafted.

View Postrraayy3, on 20 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#5 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 03 July 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

Stevie is a slot guy, while Rogers should be banging around outside with the big guys. Outside and slot WRs are two different kinds. In the first day of Bills' offseason training, he caught passes for 80 and 65 yards. I like him. Especially since he was graded out higher than the WRs that the Bills drafted.
Receptions in practice don't mean anything. I heard all last offseason how good Robert Meachem looked in practice for the Chargers - look how that turned out.

While Stevie would probably be a good option in the slot, there's no guarantee he plays there (and he has been playing outside). Johnson's height (6'2) is probably slightly better suited for outside too. Buddy Nix did mention considering Johnson in the slot towards the end of last year, but who knows if it actually happens.

http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=12017841

"We're gonna put somebody else in there. I think Stevie Johnson is a guy that really fits the slot well," Nix said at the end of a response regarding the loss of David Nelson early in the year.

Johnson, being their team's top wide receiver on the roster, has made a living on the outside over the course of the past three seasons.

This seems to indicate he's still being used on the outside.
http://www.fleaflick...s?playerId=8410

In the battle to line up opposite Stevie Johnson, Graham is off on the right foot.

Edited by Prea, 03 July 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#6 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

My biggest concern with Rogers is getting off press coverage.  10 bench presses is pretty pathetic for a guy of his size, yet he ranks high in other important measureables for an outside receiver such as vertical jump and arm length.  I've got him fairly high on my rookie draft list as a mid-late round boom/bust pick.

Edited by scienergy, 03 July 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#7 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Stevie is a slot guy?  Rogers has no competition?  Have you watched a Bills game before?

TJ Graham is gonna play the Slot this year, with Stevie Johnson at the one of the outside spots; leaving Woods, Goodwin & Rodgers to battle for the other starting wideout role and the backup spots.

#8 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Reports are that their coach "plans" to use him more in the slot, but that doesn't make him a Slot receiver, he's never been one before.  Larry Fitzgerald is gonna run a bunch in the Slot this season, doesn't mean he's a Slot receiver -- guys move around, but Stevie Johnson is not and has never been considered a "Slot" guy.

#9 meatmets

meatmets

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

basically seems like this is a guy to monitor for now and if a WR goes down in camp then he could have a chance to get in the lineup. Interesting player for sure

#10 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postmeatmets, on 04 July 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

basically seems like this is a guy to monitor for now and if a WR goes down in camp then he could have a chance to get in the lineup. Interesting player for sure

Rogers is very talented, was a projected First Rounder before he got booted from Univ of Tennessee; think he'll probably come out ahead of Marquise Goodwin (who made be used more in the kick/punt return game this season), but I like Robert Woods to get the starting role out of camp because of his route running skills and hands.

#11 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,391 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Not liking him this year.  Immaturity, questionable QB play, two likely candidates ahead of him.  In deeper dynasties he might have some hold and see value but he's worthless at this point in redrafts if you ask me.  Stevie isn't going anywhere and Woods has the round protection so he will get all the opportunities to succeed.   Between Kevin Kolb and EJ Manuel I don't see a bombardment of passes going around the field so I don't see enough targets for Rogers even if he sees the field.  That's if he gets his head out of his a**
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#12 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,586 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Da'Rick was great in those ESPN commercials from the mid 1990's.  Same guy?  Or was that "the rick", not to be confused with Da Rick
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#13 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Da'Rick Rogers TD #1.

7-yard slant route.  Ran towards the guy covering him, gave a few stutter steps and the CB had no idea where he was going.  Broke into the slant route inside/underneath the CB and caught the pass just past the goal-line.  TD.

Edited by Robrain, 11 August 2013 - 02:35 PM.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#14 usurpedus

usurpedus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

like the talent but don't like his situation - qb, plethora of receivers, better rookie wr(Robert woods)
12 team auction keeper league high stakes

qb: brees tannehill
rb: forte vereen thomas sproles
wr: jeffrey garcon gordon harvin moore
te: cook eiffert
k: bryant bironas
dst: bal cle

#15 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

I'm mainly interested in him because Stevie Johnson is already going to miss most of preseason with an injury.  Opportunity is always key in fantasy, especially when you combine Talent with Opportunity.

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Josh Gordon..........(09.13)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - Brian Quick..........(14.08)
RB2: Toby Gerhart...........(02.02)............. WR - Jeff Janis...........(UD.FA)
WR1: Tavon Austin...........(10.02)............. RB - Shonn Greene.........(UD.FA)
WR2: John Brown.............(UD.FA)............. RB - LeGarrette Blount....(09.06)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Jonathan Grimes......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - Theo Riddick.........(15.13)
FLEX2: Arian Foster.........(01.11)............. RB - Lorezno Taliaferro...(16.02)

#16 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

He's definitely talented but I wouldn't trust him

#17 Topgun

Topgun

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'd never trust a rookie :)
I'd love to join a CBS salary cap fantasy baseball league.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 team H2H-Daily Dynasty League
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Line-up
C Santana-Freeman-Cano-Beltre-Danny Santana-Kemp-Dickerson-Trout-Ortiz
Kyle Hendericks-Fiers-Kazmir-Kluber-Scherzer-Chapman-Uehara
Reserves
Vogt-JD Martinez-Carpenter-Utley-Zobrist-Avisail Garcia-Markakis-Solarte
Archer-Chris Young-Worley-Hellickson-Carrasco-Smyly-Casilla-Soriano
Minors
2B Mookie Betts-2B Robert Refsnyder-3B Maikel Franco-Bradley Zimmer-SS Nick Gordon-
SP Kyle Zimmer-deGrom-Wada-Despaigne-Petricka
DL Harvey-Cliff Lee-Corbin-Votto-Cargo

#18 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

No one's saying that you should start him Week 1.  However, Josh Gordon and Chris Givens both were worthwhile fantasy WR3's with upside last year.  Writing the rookies off is definitely cutting off legitimate options for your fantasy team.

#19 usurpedus

usurpedus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

fine but I like hopkins, patterson and woods much better, and think they have a much better opportunity to produce
12 team auction keeper league high stakes

qb: brees tannehill
rb: forte vereen thomas sproles
wr: jeffrey garcon gordon harvin moore
te: cook eiffert
k: bryant bironas
dst: bal cle

#20 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postusurpedus, on 11 August 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

fine but I like hopkins, patterson and woods much better, and think they have a much better opportunity to produce

I think those guys are already going well before Da'Rick Rogers ADP...seeing how Rogers isn't being drafted at all usually in 12-team leagues (15 round draft).

Da'Rick Rogers will probably not make an early season impact.  If he does make an impact, he's more likely to be the guy that shows up on everyone's radar during the second half of the season (ala Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Danario Alexander, and Demaryius Thomas in previous seasons).

No one's arguing that Hopkins (who already has been named the #2 WR for the Texans), Patterson (who was a first round draft pick), and Woods (who also was drafted) have better situations right now.

Naming those players isn't an actual reason to avoid keeping an eye on Da'Rick Rogers development, so I'm not sure I see your point.

Edited by Robrain, 11 August 2013 - 09:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users