Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Taking Advantage Of Yahoo! Rankings (2013 Edition)


  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 v0dka

v0dka

    I ♥ football

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

Seen there was a thread on taking advantage of ESPN rankings, but couldn't find one for Yahoo!. I haven't even looked at the Yahoo rankings yet, but I'll take a look and give my input tomorrow.
@MikeBaileyNFL

#2 smeeze

smeeze

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley
48. D Wilson
51. Reggie Bush
63. Sproles
64. Gronk
71. Ivory
80. Vernon Davis
97. Vereen
10 Team / H2H / 5x5

C Santana
1B AGonzalez
2B DGordon
3B Sandoval
SS Castro
OF Braun / Melky / Heyward
UTIL Napoli / KDavis
BN Kalhoun
DL Encarnacion / Belt


SP King Felix / Strasburg / Sale / Zimmermann / Fister
P Kluber / Stroman / Roark / Smyly / Bauer
RP Mejia / Allen / Petricka
DL Cashner
NA Bradley

#3 mroct27

mroct27

    Double-A

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Tom Brady and Matt Ryan-7th and 8th best ranked QB
89.  T.Y. Hilton
112. Ben Tate
116. Emmanuel Sanders
138. Michael Floyd
144. Danny Woodhead
165. LaMichael James
169. Joseph Randle
188. Ryan Broyles

(I also feel there is extreme value where Nicks(49)/Amendola(50)/Garcon(66)/Gio Bernard(103) are placed as well)

Edited by mroct27, 07 July 2013 - 08:05 AM.


#4 The Jesus

The Jesus

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

If you're a fan of the running back heavy approach, then you could potentially get a stud like Jamaal Charles or CJ Spiller at #7 and then T-Rich at #14.

T-Rich is ranked #14 there, which also makes picking Mega in the first round all the more viable.

#5 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Trent, Chris Johnson, and Gio are all ranked ridiculously low.

#6 Finally Detroit Wins

Finally Detroit Wins

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Detroit, MI

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Kenny Britt is 100th I believe...that's good value.

 rraayy3, on 20 August 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

"experts" do not exist.

get sunday ticket, think for yourself.

#7 finger11

finger11

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postsmeeze, on 07 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley
48. D Wilson
51. Reggie Bush
63. Sproles
64. Gronk
71. Ivory
97. Vereen

In almost every  mock I've done on Yahoo I've seen all these guys available much later than I would ever have guessed which brings me to drafting a Tier 1 RB in the 1st and then going some combo of WR/WR/TE or WR/WR/RB/TE (Gronk) in the next few rounds and then filling out  another RB/2RBs at that point.

I've also seen SJax fall into mid-late 2nd/early 3rd.

#8 lbjames6

lbjames6

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postfinger11, on 08 July 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

View Postsmeeze, on 07 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley
48. D Wilson
51. Reggie Bush
63. Sproles
64. Gronk
71. Ivory
97. Vereen

In almost every  mock I've done on Yahoo I've seen all these guys available much later than I would ever have guessed which brings me to drafting a Tier 1 RB in the 1st and then going some combo of WR/WR/TE or WR/WR/RB/TE (Gronk) in the next few rounds and then filling out  another RB/2RBs at that point.

I've also seen SJax fall into mid-late 2nd/early 3rd.

In roughly a month's time these rankings will likely change.
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H (42-24-4)
Infield - Wilin Rosario*, Miguel Cabrera^, Kolten Wong*, Edwin Encarnacion, Jean Segura
Outfield - Alex Rios, Wil Myers, Michael Morse*
Utility - Alcides Escobar*, Everth Cabrera
Bench - Kole Calhoun, Jason Kipnis^, Salvador Perez
Starters - Michael Wacha, Sonny Gray, Andrew Cashner (DL), James Paxton (DL), Michael Pineda, Jason Vargas*, Wily Peralta^, Erik Bedard*, Tommy Milone*
Relievers - Francisco Rodriguez*, Ernesto Frieri*, Ronald Belisario
* - Waiver pickup.....^Trade pickup
Yahoo $$$ 12 Team 5x5 H2H (38-27-5)
Infield - Evan Gattis, Paul Goldschmidt, Jedd Gyorko, Kyle Seager, Ian Desmond
Outfield - Yasiel Puig, Jose Bautista, Wil Myers
Utility - Everth Cabrera, Justin Morneau
Bench - Carlos Beltran (DL)
Starters - Gio Gonzalez (DL), Alex Cobb, Andrew Cashner (DL), Alex Wood, Sonny Gray, Zach Wheeler, Chris Tillman, Michael Pineda, Wei-Yin Chen*, Trevor Bauer*
Relievers - Matt Lindstrom*, Francisco Rodriguez*, Bryan Shaw*, Jenrry Mejia*

#9 smeeze

smeeze

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postlbjames6, on 08 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

View Postfinger11, on 08 July 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

View Postsmeeze, on 07 July 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

After quickly looking over their most recent ranks (found here: http://sports.yahoo....-222913147.html) Just a couple guys I feel are at least a round or 2 below (what I feel) is their draft day value.

27. Ridley
48. D Wilson
51. Reggie Bush
63. Sproles
64. Gronk
71. Ivory
97. Vereen

In almost every  mock I've done on Yahoo I've seen all these guys available much later than I would ever have guessed which brings me to drafting a Tier 1 RB in the 1st and then going some combo of WR/WR/TE or WR/WR/RB/TE (Gronk) in the next few rounds and then filling out  another RB/2RBs at that point.

I've also seen SJax fall into mid-late 2nd/early 3rd.

In roughly a month's time these rankings will likely change.

Obviously, but I'm sure quite a few people are drafting between now and then.
10 Team / H2H / 5x5

C Santana
1B AGonzalez
2B DGordon
3B Sandoval
SS Castro
OF Braun / Melky / Heyward
UTIL Napoli / KDavis
BN Kalhoun
DL Encarnacion / Belt


SP King Felix / Strasburg / Sale / Zimmermann / Fister
P Kluber / Stroman / Roark / Smyly / Bauer
RP Mejia / Allen / Petricka
DL Cashner
NA Bradley

#10 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 07 July 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Kenny Britt is 100th I believe...that's good value.

Eh. He's DND for me. I know he has his supporters but I don't want anything to do with him. Britt is probably the most polarizing active NFL player this side of Tebow. He's truly "love him or hate him".

#11 Deadpool

Deadpool

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 08 July 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

View PostFinally Detroit Wins, on 07 July 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Kenny Britt is 100th I believe...that's good value.

Eh. He's DND for me. I know he has his supporters but I don't want anything to do with him. Britt is probably the most polarizing active NFL player this side of Tebow. He's truly "love him or hate him".

Every time I've owned him he's burned me.  Every, single, time.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14 team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
Draft currently in progress in the "Your League" Forum.

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB1: Giovani Bernard
RB2: Bishop Sankey
WR1: Jeremy Maclin
WR2: Terrance Williams
W/R/T: Stevan Ridley
W/R/T: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski
D/ST: St. Louis Rams
Bench: Zach Ertz, Eric Ebron, Dexter McCluster, Charles Sims

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

#13 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well.  Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season?  With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension?  It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3.  If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#14 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,671 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostAlfonz289, on 08 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well.  Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season?  With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension?  It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3.  If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.

http://dictionary.re.../browse/sarcasm

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#15 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostRobrain, on 08 July 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostAlfonz289, on 08 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well.  Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season?  With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension?  It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3.  If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.

http://dictionary.re.../browse/sarcasm
Because sarcasm is so easy to discern through simple text.  Gotcha!
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#16 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Actually it wasn't full blown sarcasm. I compared Britt to those other guys because they're all 'troubled', yet Briit's trouble is double trouble because he is a jerk AND gets injured often but he's being drafted earlier than those other guys.

They all have talent. They all play with useless QBs. They all have had their share of trouble. But Britt's risk stands out due to his amplified injury concerns. And yes, I realize Blackmon is having health issues but Britt, over his four years, has averaged about five missed games per year.

I honestly feel that Britt (ADP 91.3) is a bigger risk than either Gordon (94.4) or J-Black (an inexplicable 118.0).

#17 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think a lot of people tend to forget how dominant Britt was at the beginning of the 2011 season.  Granted it was only 9 quarters but he had something like 289yds and 3 TD's through those 9 quarters.  The breakout was in full swing until the knee injuries crippled him.  Of the 3 WR's you listed, I believe Britt is the most talented.  You're right, all 3 have very questionable QB's throwing to them but Britt has immense talent.  Anyone remember that 3 TD game he had against Philly?  I do.  If, and I'm acknowledging it is a huge if, Kenny Britt is truly healthy this season, he's going to be well worth the pick in the middle rounds.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#18 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostAlfonz289, on 08 July 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 08 July 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostAlfonz289, on 08 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostSenatorSpaceman, on 08 July 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Seems like Britt is always getting hurt or getting into trouble. Too much risk IMO. I'd prefer a better WR with a bit less overall risk, like Blackmon or Gordon.

Blackmon and Gordon each carry a certain amount of risk with them as well.  Aren't they both suspended for the beginning of this season?  With Gordon already on notice for 1 more uck up and a 1 year suspension?  It would seem to me that the off the field issues are about even with all 3.  If preseason shows Britt as healthy, I think he carries significantly less risk than Gordon or Blackmon.

http://dictionary.re.../browse/sarcasm
Because sarcasm is so easy to discern through simple text.  Gotcha!

Sarcasm and the Internet do not get along, never have.

I liked Josh Gordon a lot this year, but I'm not falling into the Blackmon trap -- you lose him for 5 weeks of the 13-14 week Regular Fantasy Season (his 4 game suspension plus the Jacksonville bye week), that's just too much of the season for me to take a chance on him with such an inconsistent season last year even when he was playing well in the 2nd half.  Gordon on the other hand will miss 3 weeks, but that's a lot more reasonable IMO as you'll still get 10-11 weeks of use out of him.

#19 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostAlfonz289, on 08 July 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

I think a lot of people tend to forget how dominant Britt was at the beginning of the 2011 season.  Granted it was only 9 quarters but he had something like 289yds and 3 TD's through those 9 quarters.  

In fairness, Blackmon had almost that many yards in one four quarter game last season (Week 11). Anyway, FWIW I honestly consider Blackmon one of the 6 or 7 most talented active WRs. I feel like, talent-wise, there's no comparison between he and Britt. WRs generally don't get drafted #5 overall unless they have tons of raw talent and a prototype build.

I watched my fair share of Blackmon in college (I realize that college is what it is, but still) and he used to just make my jaw drop with his ability. He is a superb athlete and since when do we judge WRs on their first NFL season anyway? I see him making many Pro Bowls.

Also, @RespectMyAuthority the 4 game suspension doesn't even really bother me with J-Black. He's being drafted well into the 100s as a WR4 or even WR5. My point is that, even if he weren't suspended, it's terribly unlikely that you'd even really consider starting him until after four weeks anyway. It's not like anybody is drafting him as a fantasy starter.

#20 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Let me ask this, in a dynasty format, how high would you have Blackmon?
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users