29 replies to this topic

#1 Dunkaroos

Dunkaroos

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

The Athletics are expected to call up Grant Green from Triple-A Sacramento on Monday.
Green, 25, is batting .318 /.374/.500 with 11 home runs and 49 RBI at the Triple-A level and is likely to be used in a platoon with Eric Sogard at second base. The San Francisco Chronicle expects the Athletics to designate Adam Rosales for assignment in a corresponding move.

Those type of numbers once he becomes elig at 2b, could be sweet.

#2 strahanfan92

strahanfan92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

OF eligible too, great.

#3 NyjersInParis

NyjersInParis

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just picked him up in two of my leagues
14 Team League 2 Keeper H2H
c norris 1b goldy (K) 2b cano 3b machado ss e. cabrera infield singleton
lf kemp cf mccutchen (K) rf stanton of springer util morales bn ozuna holt jennings dickerson dl arenado
sp tanaka cashner hamels ventura p fister cashner
rp kimbrel soriano ramirez belisario
bn heaney

12 team league keep 6 in the round they were drafted in
c mesorosco 1b pujols 2b carpenter (K) 3b wright ss segura (K)
lf marte (K) cf mccutchen rf puig (K) util gomez (K) pedroia bn castro hamilton chisenhall
sp cashner mejia (K)  rp romo jensen p w. davis betances hawkins belisario
bn  haren hughes cain  bailey dl cole paxton
na soler, heaney, c. seager, c. frazier

#4 Gambino

Gambino

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

View Poststrahanfan92, on 07 July 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

OF eligible too, great.

ESPN has him only at SS o-O?

#5 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostGambino, on 08 July 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

OF eligible too, great.

same with yahoo, not sure where the OF elegibility is coming from. He should gain 2b eligibility pretty quick. Well, unless he gets platooned against lefties, in that case he's probably not worth owning in redrafts.
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

#6 Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

He may have been a high draft pick, but that doesn't mean he's a good player. He's 25 years old (nearly 26), had an OPS of .817 in his mostly neutral home park in the PCL while hitting for a more robust .926 OPS in the much more hitter friendly parks around the league. I'm not saying Grant Green is terrible or that he's not at least worth a consideration, but expectations should be kept in check. He has little base running speed, mild power, he plays in a tough park for RH hitters, and he may be platooning because the A's are smart in how they allocate their players' skills on the field.

I'm not bothering with him unless it's a really deep league. I might keep an eye on him just in case, but he doesn't seem to have any really good offensive skillsets based on stats and recent scouting reports.
"We used to roast Stay Puft marshmallows by the fire at Camp Wocanda."

#7 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

I agree.  He isn't a must add type of prospect especially until we see if he is in a platoon or not.  If he starts hitting right away and forces the A's to play him everyday then he is worth the pick up
No Days Off

#8 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostBodhizefa, on 08 July 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

He may have been a high draft pick, but that doesn't mean he's a good player. He's 25 years old (nearly 26), had an OPS of .817 in his mostly neutral home park in the PCL while hitting for a more robust .926 OPS in the much more hitter friendly parks around the league. I'm not saying Grant Green is terrible or that he's not at least worth a consideration, but expectations should be kept in check. He has little base running speed, mild power, he plays in a tough park for RH hitters, and he may be platooning because the A's are smart in how they allocate their players' skills on the field.

I'm not bothering with him unless it's a really deep league. I might keep an eye on him just in case, but he doesn't seem to have any really good offensive skillsets based on stats and recent scouting reports.

Actually the coliseum is quite a bit more friendly to right handed hitters than lefties.
"The base paths belonged to me, the runner. The rules gave me the right. I always went into a bag full speed, feet first. I had sharp spikes on my shoes. If the baseman stood where he had no business to be and got hurt, that was his fault."

#9 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Susan Slusser@susanslusser1m
Melvin says that Sogard is the backup SS now with Rosales DFA'd. #Athletics

Edited by grimsfield, 08 July 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#10 grimsfield

grimsfield

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Well, just listened to Susan Slusser on the radio and she clarified that twitter statement... Sogard is still the primary guy at 2nd (that tweet got my hopes up). He's just also the backup at SS with Lowrie obviously being the everyday guy.

#11 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,525 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postklove42, on 08 July 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

I agree.  He isn't a must add type of prospect especially until we see if he is in a platoon or not.  If he starts hitting right away and forces the A's to play him everyday then he is worth the pick up

Yeah I want to see some production before I drop someone.

This is looking like Green's best season in the minors but even that OPSing .874 in The PCL isn't anything to write home about.  He is coming off of a red hot June where he OPSed 1.055, but over his last 6 games in July the OPS is at .642, I expect him to struggle.

But if he starts off hot (and playing close to every day) he could be worth an add.

#12 strahanfan92

strahanfan92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

OF eligible too, great.

CBS has him with OF eligibility.

#13 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,525 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Poststrahanfan92, on 10 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

OF eligible too, great.

CBS has him with OF eligibility.
His issue in the minors has been defense and he was drafted as a SS out of USC 3-4 years ago, the A's then moved him to the OF but just this year (in spring I think) they moved him to 2B, so the fact he played OF the last couple years is probably why he has OF elig.  I have him as a minor leaguer I drafted the year he was drafted but I dont think much will come of him, if he is platooning that really stinks because he is on the lower- at bat side of the platoon since there are more RH pitchers than LH pitchers.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#14 Oriole Way

Oriole Way

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,421 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Why would the A's promote him and then not play him whatsoever?

#15 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,525 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

0 for 9 with 5 Ks.  Struggling hard over this small sample size that encompasses start of his MLB career.  Maybe he can work out a few adjustments over the break... But I wouldn't count on it.  Look for a better option until this guy starts getting hot.

Tough to break into the majors when you have to face Liriano, Locke, and Lester.

#16 AnonymousRob

AnonymousRob

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostOriole Way, on 16 July 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

Why would the A's promote him and then not play him whatsoever?
They're trying to win the division. Not a lot of time to waste waiting to see if a guy will pan out. Sucks for Green but he needed to hit the ground running.
Want help in your A/C threads? Give details!!! Keeper/dynasty/redraft, ppr, league size, who is on your roster, roto/H2H, scoring system, etc.

#17 Specter

Specter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Just heard on the Oakland vs Jays game that Grant Green has been traded to Anaheim for Alberto Callaspo.
12 Team Keeper (10 Players) 5x5+OPS+QS H2H
C: W Rosario 1B: M Morse/K Morales/A Rizzo* 2B: D Ackley  3B: A Beltre*/T Plouffe/Middlebrooks
SS: A Ramirez OF M Bourn*/M Cabrera*/C Hart/B Moss DL: C V Martinez*
SP: T Lincecum/M Moore*/J Hellickson*/M Scherzer/C Buchholz*/F Doubront/D Hultzen*
RP: A Chapman*/E Frieri/S Doolittle DL: SP D Holland

#18 mcbane

mcbane

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostSpecter, on 30 July 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Just heard on the Oakland vs Jays game that Grant Green has been traded to Anaheim for Alberto Callaspo.

Crazy. These middle infield prospects have been getting on Beane's bad side lately. I'm sure Jemile wishes it were him.
12 Teams - Dynasty - No Minors
R/H/2B/3B/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OBP/SLG         W/L/CG/SHO/SV/HR/BB/K/ERA/WHIP/QS

C Devin Mesoraco / 1B Anthony Rizzo / 2B Anthony Rendon / 3B Manny Machado / SS Mookie Betts
IF Matt Adams / LF Corey Dickerson / CF Yasiel Puig / RF Justin Upton / Util Brandon Moss

BN Xander Bogaerts / Kolten Wong / Derek Norris / Oscar Taveras
DL AJ Pollock NA Carlos Correa / Jorge Soler

SP Julio Teheran / Jake Arrieta / Scott Kazmir / Matt Garza / Jesse Hahn / Ian Kennedy
RP Craig Kimbrel / Ken Giles / Wade Davis
DL Gerrit Cole

#19 whips02

whips02

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Solid return for the Halos for a replaceable guy at 3B.

#20 foeplay

foeplay

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Is he our savior???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users