Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Brandon Lloyd 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#21 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

Panthers
Jets
Chargers
9ers (maybe less now that they are going to give Baldwin a try)
I guess no to the raiders since 1. Flynn can't throw that far and 2. They probably want to tank for Clowney.

^^ those are some insanely desperate for WR teams. As a panther fan it is not fair to expect playoffs with bradon lafell as you WR2

#22 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

Panthers
Jets
Chargers
I guess no to the raiders since 1. Flynn can't throw that far and 2. They probably want to tank for Clowney.

^^ those are some insanely desperate for WR teams. As a panther fan it is not fair to expect playoffs with bradon lafell as you WR2

Well Jets just signed whatshisname, so I think they might have already filled their mediocre criteria.

#23 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Panthers
Jets
Chargers

Well Jets just signed whatshisname, so I think they might have already filled their mediocre criteria.

who Braylon edwards? he sucks

#24 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Panthers
Jets
Chargers

who Braylon edwards? he sucks

Mohamed Massaquoi, Ben Obomanu, and Clyde Gates, along with Santonio, Kerley, Stephen Hill, and Braylon Edwards. A tremendous amount of suckage on that depth chart.
Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#25 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think at this point there is definitely some other reasons at work as to why he hasnt been able to get a job yet, besides his actual ability.

#26 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think at this point there is definitely some other reasons at work as to why he hasnt been able to get a job yet, besides his actual ability.

even a much older media firestrom like TO got a shoot with the hawks. geez guy must really be locker room posion.

#27 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not a guy people want to be around in the locker room/weird behavior + doesn't always seem to care about practice

http://profootballta...loyds-behavior/

Report: Patriots got tired of Brandon Lloyd’s behavior

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 26, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Brandon Lloyd
AP
Brandon Lloyd may be one-and-done in New England, and if he does leave the Patriots after just one year, it will be as much a result of off-field issues as his on-field production.

Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe reports that the Patriots will probably not pick up Lloyd’s $3 million option bonus, and that the Patriots got tired of Lloyd’s behavior in the locker room and on the practice field last season.

Lloyd is a favorite of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and he had a solid season in 2012, with 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns. But while Lloyd is always good for a few spectacular catches, for the most part he looked more like a replaceable cog in a great passing attack than a game changer.

And if you’re just a replaceable cog on the field while causing trouble off the field, your job is not safe.

http://blog.masslive...oyd_for_be.html

Lloyd isn't like that. He's smart and articulate, doesn't draw attention to himself, and stays out of trouble off the field. The problem is he seems to alienate people and put little emphasis on personal relationships, which is why, despite all of his obvious talent, he's played for six teams over the last nine years.

After a brief stop in New England, it looks like it may be seven teams in 10 years. There were murmurs throughout the locker room last season that Lloyd was a "different kind of guy," and his interactions with the media often reflected as much.

The exchanges were always edgy, and you never quite knew what to expect on a daily basis.

Sometimes you could approach and he'd come off as affable and charming. Other times you would approach and receive a cornucopia of one-word answers, blank stares and awkward silence. Once, he abruptly excused himself mid-conversation to brush his teeth.

In Lloyd's defense, he did return 15 minutes later to finish up.

To be clear, I don't care how Lloyd or any other player interacts with the media. It means nothing. Truth be told, I'd probably follow the Randy Moss guide to media relations and answer all interview requests with a middle finger if I were a world-class athlete forced to deal with idiots like me every day.

The only reason I bring up those experiences is because Patriots teammates have had similar experiences with Lloyd. One relayed a story to the Boston Globe about how the receiver once stopped him mid-conversation, said he no longer wanted to speak, then slipped on a pair of headphones and walked off.

That's the kind of behavior that can cause resentment throughout the locker room. Pair that with reports Lloyd was often disinterested in practice, and suddenly parting ways seems justifiable.

Still, he seems more like a difficult personality than a weird one.

http://www.boston.co...daniels/?page=2

The Rams haven’t been very aggressive in re-signing Lloyd, so he’ll likely land with his sixth team in nine seasons.

That doesn’t happen for no reason.

The book on Lloyd, according to several league sources at his various stops, is that he can be moody and surly, depending on the day, and a bit selfish. You won’t find many teammates who have good things to say about him.

But others have said that when Lloyd is on the practice field or in games, he is fine and can be managed.

Not everyone agrees.

“I know you’ve heard he was good in the building, but he wasn’t necessarily an angel in the building,’’ said the Broncos source. “He wasn’t a good teammate. During games, he was asking the stat person to see how many catches and yards he had at that point in the game when [Kyle] Orton was starting.

“He has that locker room lawyer-type in him. Publicly he’ll say all the right things, but in the locker room he’ll voice his opinion.

“He’s extremely intelligent. Very articulate, very well-read, but there were times when people in the building thought he may be bipolar - and not joking - because he has days where he’s up and ready to go and happy-go-lucky and he’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up? How’s it going?’

“And then there were other days when he was surly and moody, and you just know it’s not a good day to approach him.

“He’s kind of a different cat, I’ll say that.’’

Edited by Prea, 23 August 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#28 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Once, he abruptly excused himself mid-conversation to brush his teeth.

In Lloyd's defense, he did return 15 minutes later to finish up.

He probably went to take a dump.

“He’s extremely intelligent. Very articulate, very well-read, but there were times when people in the building thought he may be bipolar - and not joking - because he has days where he’s up and ready to go and happy-go-lucky and he’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up? How’s it going?’

“And then there were other days when he was surly and moody, and you just know it’s not a good day to approach him.

Sounds like a lot of intelligent people.

#29 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

The problem is he seems to [...] put little emphasis on personal relationships

not sure why, but i love that line. i guess that, within the context of the other stuff, he is just all business. no sucking up to people.

Edited by LyondellBasell, 23 August 2013 - 09:15 PM.

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#30 Prea

Prea

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

The problem is he seems to [...] put little emphasis on personal relationships

not sure why, but i love that line. i guess that, within the context of the other stuff, he is just all business. no sucking up to people.

Who do football players suck up to?

Football is a team sport. You have a locker next to these guys, practice with them every day, travel on planes/trains with your team, often live in the same facility and eat together during training camp, hang out in the same hotel on away games, etc. Obviously a WR has to be on the same page as the QB too. If people don't like being around you, or don't like having you around, it's not a good thing for the team imo.

Edited by Prea, 23 August 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#31 JJ1223

JJ1223

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

If I'm the Panthers, this guy has been on my team for 2 months. I just don't get it. Can his issues really be that bad?

#32 Sven

Sven

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

If I'm the Panthers, this guy has been on my team for 2 months. I just don't get it. Can his issues really be that bad?

He could be asking for the moon.
12 Yahoo!

QB - C. Newton (69)
RB - E. Lacy (4)
RB - D. Murray (21)
WR - V. Jackson (28)
WR - M. Crabtree (52)
WR - C. Shorts (93)
TE - J. Cameron (76)
W/R/T - R. Mathews (45)
K - A. Viniteri (172)
Def - New England (165)

Bench - J. Football (100), J. Starks (117), A. Boldin (124), D. McFadden (141), K. Davis (148), A. WIlliams (189)

#33 Singing in Dwayne

Singing in Dwayne

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

This guy needs to sign with the Panthers/Chargers ASAP.

He's just sitting pretty at the end of my bench right now. -_-

12-team PPR:
Matt Ryan
Giovani Bernard/Rashad Jennings/Ahmad Bradshaw/Joique Bell/Branden Oliver/Jeremy Hill
Dez Bryant/Pierre Garcon/Roddy White/Andre Johnson/Allen Robinson
Larry Donnell/Zach Ertz

#34 My Dinner With Andre

My Dinner With Andre

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Tom Brady has been "calling and texting" free agents Brandon Lloyd and Deion Branch "gauging their availability."

We're assuming Brady is doing so on behalf of Patriots management. Per Rapsheet, Branch has told Brady he's "ready whenever," but that Lloyd wants to finish shooting his zombie movie before a potential return. In case you hadn't heard, Lloyd is shooting a direct-to-DVD affair with Daniel Baldwin called "After Effect." Lloyd likely has more left in the tank than Branch, but was a fading player last season and locker-room lawyer. The fact that he's back on the Patriots' radar speaks to their lack of faith in their rookie wideouts.

#35 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

That's funny.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pta
QB: Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez
RB: Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Jonas Gray
WR: Josh Gordon, Roddy White, Odell Beckham Jr, Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

#36 Marlins

Marlins

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Too funny. Seriously.
14 Teams--H2H--PPR

QB: Jake Cutler/Andy Dalton
RB: Reggie Bush/Zac Stacy
RB: Doug Martin/Mike James
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Josh Gordon/Alshon Jeffery
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Harry Douglas/Brian Hartline/Gregg Jennings/Percy Harvin
D/ST: Colts
K: Garrett Hartley

#37 mrko1990

mrko1990

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

That s--- is funny!
10 team, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 DEF, 1 K T. Brady QB NE
T. Gerhart RB JAX
CJ. Spiller RB BUF
D. Bryant WR DAL
D. Thomas WR DEN
R. Gronkowski TE NE
A. Jeffery W/R CHI
S. Hauschka K SEA
49ers DEF SF

J. Gordon WR CLE
J. Cutler BN CHI
L. Miller BN MIA
C. Michael BN SEA

T. Richardson BN IND
J. Hill BN CIN

#38 JJ1223

JJ1223

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

You can't make that type of stuff up

Edited by JJ1223, 22 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#39 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,806 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

What's a "locker room lawyer"?
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#40 mrfrood

mrfrood

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I wonder if Atlanta will take a look at him. That movie that he did got released yesterday. Atlanta makes sense. They are on a bye. They have no receivers.