Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 NHL Off SeasonTrades, FA signings, Draft, etc.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

What do you guys think of the off season so far? Some big moves like the Seguin and Ryan trades, and some key FA signings. Colorado got a real good player in Mackinnon, really like his future in this league.
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#2 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

The steal of the draft in my opinion is Nichushkin. The Russian factor could come into play here, which probably scared off most teams, but the kid stated before the draft that as long as he makes the NHL roster, he will stay in North America. The kid has serious talent though, reminds me of Rick Nash. Elite skater, good stick handler, and looked pretty good in the World Juniors. Had some nice goals. Stars made a solid selection there in my opinion.

#3 muggsy_bogues

muggsy_bogues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:sports, sports, sports, women, sports, cars, collecting memorabilia, sports, hockey, fantasy sports!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Good to know about this Nichushkin player. I'll be keeping my eyes out on him. I'm pretty stoked for the season. Like you, go NYR! I just moved to CO so you bet I'll be attending some games this year and for many to come. I've checked their schedule to make sure the boys in blue are coming to town!

Lets go Rangers!
2014 12 - Team Fantasy Baseball
C: Salvador Perez, Vogt, d'Arnaud
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Rendon, Wong
3B: Fraizer, Chisenhall, Arenado
SS: Hardy
OF: C. Gomez, Ellsbury, Blackmon, Yelich, Cargo, Coghlan
SP: Darvish, A. Sanchez, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Sonny Gray, Archer, Arrieta, HahnSolo, Stroman, Odorizzi
RP: Koji Uehara, Doooooooolittle
DL: Jose Fernandez

2014-2015 Fantasy Hockey Keepers 10 - team league
Geno, P. Bergeron, Nathan MacKinnon, Landeskog, JVR, PK Subban, Shattenkirk, Ryan Miller

#4 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

LGR!

Nichushkin is pretty good. Obviously the Russian factor looms over him, and I hear some scouts have questions about his vision. The Russian factor probably made him fall in the draft at the 10 spot where Dallas grabbed him.

#5 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Yep, typical High Risk High Reward.  He could be a Radulov.  He could make the team out of camp (at least for the 10 game tryout) but when his entry level deal comes up he may bolt.  In fantasy I would take him in deep leagues or ones with a minor league system and look to trade him after year one or two before you have to deal with the head aches.  Dallas sure looks a lot better on paper with the Seguin deal and Horcoff.  Horc is underated.  A great center who was under to much pressue to live up to an outrageous contract but he's going to be good for that team.  Nill could be in line for GM of the year the way his offseason has gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users