Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

who's the fav next week?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 thetutor

thetutor

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

?

#2 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

At the Open Championship?
Murfield's list of Champions in the last 60 years is all Hall of Famers: Nicklaus, Trevino, Watson, Player, Els, Faldo.  So from that standpoint, history here has shown its a course where the cream rises, and I think its because from what Ive read "what you see is what you get" no run offs to unseen bunkers or burns etc so some of the "fluke" things you can occasionally see are gone.  That said, the depth of professional golf these days with guys who can win tournaments is pretty ridiculous.

- Tee Times and weather can be an issue too, remember Murfield was where Tiger shot the 80+ round in the 3rd round of the 02 Open, when going at that time for 3 in a row, he had won the Masters and then US Open at Bethpage.

- I like Mickelson he has been playing well in May and June in strong field events, but not sure about his mentality to win it right now coming off some disappointments this year, most notably the US Open, but he also had a good chance to win Quail Hollow which is one of the more prestigous tour stops and he piddled that one away too.

The Open Championship for a couple years served as a place where good players broke through and won a major, even Americans: Justin Leonard, David Duval, Tom Lehman and some others.  Wouldnt shock me to see a 1st time American breakthrough here this week though none of these have been playing particularly well: Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Nick Watney, Dustin Johnson.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#3 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postparrothead, on 11 July 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

At the Open Championship?
Murfield's list of Champions in the last 60 years is all Hall of Famers: Nicklaus, Trevino, Watson, Player, Els, Faldo.  So from that standpoint, history here has shown its a course where the cream rises, and I think its because from what Ive read "what you see is what you get" no run offs to unseen bunkers or burns etc so some of the "fluke" things you can occasionally see are gone.  That said, the depth of professional golf these days with guys who can win tournaments is pretty ridiculous.

- Tee Times and weather can be an issue too, remember Murfield was where Tiger shot the 80+ round in the 3rd round of the 02 Open, when going at that time for 3 in a row, he had won the Masters and then US Open at Bethpage.

- I like Mickelson he has been playing well in May and June in strong field events, but not sure about his mentality to win it right now coming off some disappointments this year, most notably the US Open, but he also had a good chance to win Quail Hollow which is one of the more prestigous tour stops and he piddled that one away too.

The Open Championship for a couple years served as a place where good players broke through and won a major, even Americans: Justin Leonard, David Duval, Tom Lehman and some others.  Wouldnt shock me to see a 1st time American breakthrough here this week though none of these have been playing particularly well: Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Nick Watney, Dustin Johnson.
Well to update this, Mickelson won yesterday in Europe winning the Scottish Open, but again his ability to "close the deal" is in question.  One shot lead, par 5, 2-putt from 20 feet for the win and he blows the first putt 5 feet by misses and goes to playoff.   He clutched up in playoff hit a sweet chip off thin lie, really cool little check and spin for a tap in birdie on same Par 5 18th.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#4 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,875 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

PHIL!!!

#5 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

I should of laid a few bucks down on my prediction