Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

What should I do in a league with a max number of position spots?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattp13

mattp13

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

10 team .5ppr 6pt pass td rest standard scoring league
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D/ST

2 QB
4 RB
4 WR
2 TE

With the rosters the way they are does it make drafting 4 running backs early a waste?

Like, once I get my 3rd RB should I wait to fill out my other starting spots and my 3rd WR before taking my 4th RB?

My plan is to wait at QB until round 8 or so. With the rosters the way they are should I prioritize more on my QB1 than my RB4 or my WR3/4 and look for a QB a few rounds earlier?

#2 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

I think you are fine to wait till round 6-8 for your QB. If you are only starting two RBs and two WRs, I think I would focus on getting those starting positions filled in the first 3-5 rounds. If you can get a Graham or elite QB at a value spot (round 3-4) I would consider doing that, but otherwise fill in those RB and WR positions. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the RB4 and WR4 before you get a solid QB and TE. As long as you have your RB3 and WR3 (which will most likely be your bye week fillers), the fourth at each position will more than likely ride the pine most of the season.
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs. 7-4, 2nd place.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, C.J. Anderson,
DeAngelo Williams
WR: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: Trent Richardson, Pierre Garcon
TE: Antonio Gates,
Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft) 994.32 points, 3rd place.

QB: Mark Sanchez, RG3
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Juwan Thompson
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, ODB, Alshon Jeffery
Flex: FREED JOSH GORDON
TE: Mychal Rivera
DEF: Philly D/ST
K: Parkey

#3 zzxxzz

zzxxzz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

With these settings you have little reason not to take a QB between rounds 5-7. 10-team means you can wait longer, but don't be afraid of grabbing someone early. Remember, ideally your RB3 will play 2 games a season and your RB4 zero.

Current W/T/L: 6-0-4 (60%) across 5 leagues.

#4 RespectMyAuthority

RespectMyAuthority

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Those types of formats, I'm trying to get the best starting lineup possible and not worrying too much about depth as there'll be ample RB replacements on waivers during the season. The QB and TE starters become more valuable since you are essentially forcing everyone to carry a backup all year at the position -- as someone said, Jimmy Graham is worth more in this format, so are Rodgers & Brees; but I wouldn't go nuts on the QB/TE as you are still gonna want some top end RB's. WR is probably the one position you can skimp at, since there'll only be 40 total WR's drafted.

#5 mattp13

mattp13

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

I've got the 6th pick so I'll be going RB in the 1st round.

Should I take Graham if he is available in the 2nd round? I think I'm leaning that way. The way my league usually goes I'm pretty sure that Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton will go in the 1st or 2nd round and maybe Newton, Ryan, and Brady will too. With that being said I should be able to get a top 15 RB in the 3rd.