Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

2013/14 Rotoworld Cup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's back for another season...come one, come all!

The link is: fantasy.premierleague.com
League Code to join is: 107577-31579

As always, it's a Cumulative Points salary cap league.  Play begins on August 17.

To kick things off, I selected:

GK: Simone Mignolet, David Marshall
D: Leighton Baines, Per Mertesacker, Ryan Shawcross, Jonas Olsson, Liam Rosenior
M: Juan Mata, Michu, Paulinho, Robert Snodgrass, Craig Bellamy
F: Ricky Lambert, Lukas Podolski, Jozy Altidore
SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#2 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.

Promises to be a tough season as all the top teams have new managers, nobody knows what their line-ups are going to be.

A few off-season 'competitions' that i'm keeping an eye on:

- who starts for Chelsea in defense? David Luiz was deployed as a central midfielder (with great success) last season, but will Mourinho use him as a centre half? If he does, then one of Terry/Cahill misses out. Will Ivanovic play right back or centre half? How often will Azpi play? Whoever plays 90 minutes a week as full back will score a ton of points. Gallas (left back) was a permanent fixture on my team when Mourinho was at Chelsea during 2004-2007, always a reliable scorer. I could put money on Chelsea getting the most clean sheets this season.

- who will play up front for Chelsea? they have Ba, Torres and Lukaku. Mourinho's teams don't normally feature a single goal-scorer but he does have a liking for the big, powerful target man that can win the ball high up the pitch, hold it up, shoot from distance or bring others into play. Lukaku could be a perfect fit, and at 8.0, he could be a huge difference maker for a fantasy team.

- who play at centre half for Newcastle? this team is bound to get better (too many good players there) and they have to decide on someone to play alongside Coloccini. Its between Steven Taylor or Yanga-Mbiwa. I'm leaning towards YM, but we'll see how it goes in pre-season friendles. Both of 'em cost 4.5, so you get an every-week starter for a cheap price.

- who plays out wide and up front for Spurs? I doubt Bale will be playing in England this season. In his absence, you have some potential point machines in Sigurdsson, Holtby, and Dempsey. Whoever starts every week will score plenty.

- the form of some 8s and 9s like Silva, Kagawa, Fernandinho, Coutinho...great players with top 5 upside

So far, i have:

Boruc, Davis
David Luiz, Evans, Yanga-Mbiwa, Baker, Faye
Hazard, Walcott, Michu, Kagawa, Anita
Van Persie, Lukaku, Moore

Edited by predator_05, 16 July 2013 - 07:12 PM.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#3 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I'm not quite sure what to think of the Chelsea strikers, either, but I saw Lukaku last summer at the MLS All Star Game and the guy is huge.  He's definitely on my Watch List.

I read recently that Dempsey is available for transfer.  Interesting...

#4 aussiepepe

aussiepepe

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Great to be back Timmah, A very interesting season ahead. Good luck to all.
Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without  being good at them - Jimmy DeMaret

#5 panniniclaus

panniniclaus

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Spurs need to hang onto Bale - hell the Premier league needs it. Cannot having talents like that head to Spain. LaLiga is such a brutal league in it's current configuration.

#6 DrGonzo

DrGonzo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

I've just joined - Team Hazardous
So far my team looks like this but will most likely change before kick off:

GK: de Gea, Lindegaard
D: Distin, Luiz, Evra, Agger, Mertesacker
M: Hazard, Nolan, Sessegnon, Mata, Routledge
F: Dzeko, Agbonlahor, Anelka

#7 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Things looking good for MYB.

Pardew has plenty of faith in the former Montpellier skipper and handed him the job of captain in the 4-2 win over Motherwell at Fir Park on Tuesday night. Yanga-Mbiwa was the man with armband for Montpellier when they won the title in 2012. "He’s a leader. That hasn’t really come out so far because of the language barrier. But you can see in him why he has been a captain at other clubs." Yanga-Mbiwa spoke very little English when he signed for the Magpies back in January. And he had to fight for his place in the team before his introduction coincided with Newcastle’s struggle in the Premier League. So far United fans have only seen glimpses of the French international’s capabilities in his first six months. Pardew added: “I think he could be an important player for us.” Yanga-Mbiwa will do battle with Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson for the right to partner Coloccini in the heart of Pardew’s defence. Pardew has already stated his belief that the 24-year-old should be part of Laurent Blanc’s World Cup squad in Brazil next summer.

http://www.chronicle...er-says-5135585

Another notable bit of news: Man City put 5 goals past Milan in just 36 minutes.

Jovetic, Dzeko, Navas, Silva all very impressive. Negredo another big signing, a very powerful striker.

I'm not sure what to make of their attack, so many good players, too many options. Whereas with other clubs, you will know exactly who will start each and every week. Silva is the probably the most reliable week-to-week option.

#8 mightymac05

mightymac05

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

hi folks
new to this site and am going to sign uo for your leagues but what are the rules.what is a salary cap format

#9 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postmightymac05, on 03 August 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

hi folks
new to this site and am going to sign uo for your leagues but what are the rules.what is a salary cap format

Simply put, you can spend a max of 100 million on your players.  As the season goes along, your players will gain or lose value based on their play. Each week, you will be able to make a free transfer, at which time you can replace a player and possibly gain profit on them.

For example, Michu is currently valued at 9.0 million.  If continues to be a high producer in goals and/or assists, that value will rise toward 10.0.  If, at some point, you decide to sell him, you can use that added value to spend on a new player.

It's a cool setup.  Over time, your 100 million team could become worth over 110 million, if you select well.

#10 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Damn, quite a few people have joined this year.

Good luck to all

#11 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

This will be a long season for Arsenal...

#12 aussiepepe

aussiepepe

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

View Postpredator_05, on 17 August 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

This will be a long season for Arsenal...
Very Long indeed predator_05 if that is the best they can do at home.
Golf and sex are the only things you can enjoy without  being good at them - Jimmy DeMaret

#13 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

Mourinho plays Lukaku up front all the way through pre-season and then he starts Torres on week 1... :rolleyes: