Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

I NEED PITCHERS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 CookieMGD

CookieMGD

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

My: Jose Fernandez, Julio Teheran, and Nick Markakis for His: Bartolo Colon, Derek Holland, and Jeremy Hellickson...

This is for team 1 in my sig. I'm in 1st place and the last place team is selling and looking to rebuild. We have a salary cap system in our Keeper League and i'm not able to keep any of the players involved. However the team i'm trading with has the option to keep all players involved. Since my pitching is super thin to begin with and innings limits looming for both Fernandez and Teheran should I sell the youth while I can to give my staff a little boost?
12-Team AL Only Roto Keeper (4x4) AVG, HR, RBI, SB / W, ERA, WHIP, S

C- Yan Gomes, Robinson Chirinos 1B- Encarnacion 2B- Brian Dozier SS- Jose Reyes 3B- Steve Tolleson CI- C.J. Cron MI- Rougned Odor OF- Josh Hamilton, Leonys Martin, Dustin Ackley, Kevin Keirmeier, David Lough Util- Carlos Pena
P- David Price, James Shields, Danny Duffy, Yordano Ventura, John Danks, Fernando Rodney, Jake McGee, Ryan Cook, Matt Thornton

12-Team Football Keeper
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K

QB - Peyton Manning, Cam Newton
RB - Doug Martin, Rashad Jennings, Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, Christine Michael, Davonta Freeman
WR - Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kenny Britt
TE/DEF/K - Ladarius Green, Cincinnati Bengals, Matt Prater

#2 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

not for those type of arms. try to sell fernandez higher especially because the other guys going to end up keeping him
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#3 Jeff_Stats90

Jeff_Stats90

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

I don't mind the trade. You won't be keeping any of the guys you trade anyway. You could def do without Markakis, and the Braves rotation is gonna be a mess once Beachy is back, who knows what's gonna happen. I'd hate to lose Jose the most, but I think Big Fat Bartolo Colon and Holland are more than generous in return, plus Hellickson doesn't hurt either, but he's expendable.

help with mine? http://forums.rotowo...07#entry3617968
ESPN Fantasy Baseball - 10 Team, PTS league
C: Yadier Molina
1B: Adrian Gonzalez, Anthony Rizzo, Jon Singleton, Matt Adams* (DL15)
2B: Jed Lowrie
3B: Manny Machado
SS: Jean Segura, Dee Gordon
OF: Mike Trout, Jose Bautista, Ryan Braun, Yangervis Solarte, Coco Crisp, Oscar Taveras
SP: Hyun-Jin Ryu, Mike Minor, Jesse Chavez, AJ Burnett, Marco Estrada, Jake Peavy, Bartolo Colon, Collin McHugh, Jacob deGrom, Andrew Heaney
RP: Kenley Jansen, Greg Holland
DL: Cliff Lee* (DL15), Taijuan Walker* (DL15)
*My team is playing for our fallen comrade, Jose Fernandez

#4 Gambino

Gambino

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

Fernandez is somebody you should look to keep. I'd rather knock somebody else out then him.

#5 CookieMGD

CookieMGD

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Fernandez is somebody you should look to keep. I'd rather knock somebody else out then him.

If I were to knock someone else out it would have to come down to Miggy, Cargo, Posey, Braun or Brown. This league is very power friendly so I value HR bats over pitching all the time. I think Jose is going to be a beast and if he wasn't on a limit this wouldn't be a question. Any other thoughts?
12-Team AL Only Roto Keeper (4x4) AVG, HR, RBI, SB / W, ERA, WHIP, S

C- Yan Gomes, Robinson Chirinos 1B- Encarnacion 2B- Brian Dozier SS- Jose Reyes 3B- Steve Tolleson CI- C.J. Cron MI- Rougned Odor OF- Josh Hamilton, Leonys Martin, Dustin Ackley, Kevin Keirmeier, David Lough Util- Carlos Pena
P- David Price, James Shields, Danny Duffy, Yordano Ventura, John Danks, Fernando Rodney, Jake McGee, Ryan Cook, Matt Thornton

12-Team Football Keeper
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K

QB - Peyton Manning, Cam Newton
RB - Doug Martin, Rashad Jennings, Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, Christine Michael, Davonta Freeman
WR - Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, Larry Fitzgerald, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kenny Britt
TE/DEF/K - Ladarius Green, Cincinnati Bengals, Matt Prater

#6 And Won

And Won

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

DONT DO THAT TRADE!

Keep Fernandez and Teheran for sure! The players you are proposing to get are not special at all. I would not trade Teheran or Fernandez by themselves for that group of players, let alone together with Markakis. You must be able to do better.

Help pls... http://forums.rotowo...howtopic=356685

Edited by And Won, 18 July 2013 - 01:38 AM.