Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2013 Return Yardage + Skill PlayersWill studs from last year still return? What about new guys?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mjkp64

mjkp64

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Didn't see a thread for those of us playing in leagues where return yardage counts. Which players are you targeting who will both play a good role in the offense and get kick or punt return duties?

Also, will players who broke out last year, like Randall Cobb, still be on return duties?

It is looking like Darren Sproles will still do returning for the Saints, at least on punts. For those of us in ppr and ret yds, that could still make him a RB 1 (depending on how much ret yds count.)

It is sounding like Harvin will still be on return duties after his move to Seattle.

Any others?

Edited by mjkp64, 17 July 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#2 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

Where are you getting that info about Harvin?
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#3 mjkp64

mjkp64

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostProteus, on 17 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Where are you getting that info about Harvin?

I don't think its set in stone, but several indications out there.

ESPN has him as the PR and KR on the depth chart.

Rotoworld had a blurb from July 11 stating, "He's also taken handoffs and received returns."

Read other articles saying the 'Hawks would be crazy not to utilize him there.

#4 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Saints took Sproles off kick returns after he broke his hand. Not sure if they 'll put him back on.

Cobb is suppose to be done on special teams after getting injured last season on a return.

Harvin is said to really want to do kick returns, and it seems like Seattle is willing to give him what he wants. Leon Washington is gone.

It's difficult to have a fantasy beast & a return man at the same time. The players are just too valuable to get injured on special teams. Even Gronk got hurt on special teams last year.

Maybe, Tavon Austin.

#5 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Seems like Cordarrelle Patterson will be filling in on Kick Return duty for the Vikings.  Could be an interesting name if he climbs to the #2 WR role on that team by midseason, or if you're in a deeper return-yardage league and need a one-week plug-and-play.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#6 WalterWhite

WalterWhite

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

It's great when a db returns if you are in a idp league with return yards. Makes patrick Peterson or someone of that nature a bigger player in the idp dept. L-Webb will be a great pick up if he returns healthy.

#7 ScoobyDoobyDoo

ScoobyDoobyDoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

I was going to say Jacoby Ford, but then I remember the Raiders signed Josh Cribbs. Now I'm not so sure, but either of them could be a decent late-round flier.

If Lamichael James keeps returning kicks and stays as the change-of-pace back he could be a decent flex play.

I've heard Harvin is the expected return man, which makes him easily the #2 WR if the format doesn't discount return yards too heavily.  Last year in my .5 PPR, 15 return yards/point league, he score more points than any other WR/RB before the week of his injury.

#8 Zorak

Zorak

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Bookmark this link

http://www.4for4.com...ds-depth-charts

#9 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostScoobyDoobyDoo, on 17 July 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I was going to say Jacoby Ford, but then I remember the Raiders signed Josh Cribbs. Now I'm not so sure, but either of them could be a decent late-round flier.

If Lamichael James keeps returning kicks and stays as the change-of-pace back he could be a decent flex play.

I've heard Harvin is the expected return man, which makes him easily the #2 WR if the format doesn't discount return yards too heavily.  Last year in my .5 PPR, 15 return yards/point league, he score more points than any other WR/RB before the week of his injury.

Yeah, I bet.  I think that's too much points for yards.  I have had it set at 50 yards/point since last year.  So it's a nice little bonus, but doesn't turn guys into monsters.

Edited by Deadpool, 18 July 2013 - 09:21 PM.

$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#10 Titan Up

Titan Up

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

So Percy isn't a returner in Seattle?

#11 ScoobyDoobyDoo

ScoobyDoobyDoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostTitan Up, on 18 July 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

So Percy isn't a returner in Seattle?

I think so far he is expected to do returns, because Leon Washington signed with the Patriots.  Percy is up there with Leon Washington as a top-tier returner, so it would be stupid for the Seahawks to not let him return kicks unless they were concerned with the injury potential.

Harvin showed with the Vikings that he's more than capable of working on both special teams and offense extensively.

#12 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

Depending on the role that Jacoby Jones takes in the offense of Baltimore this year, he has the potential to be interesting.

#13 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

I read when Harvin signed that Pete Carroll said Harvin will do returns, but it wasn't clear if it was going to be a part time role or full time.

The fact that they immediately dumped Leon Washington after the trade bodes really well, plus Harvin really wants to do it so I think he will.

I don't think Cobb will be the main return man, seems like GB wants to find another capable returner to slot in there.

I also worry about Sproles losing return opportunities but hey, Sean Payton loves him and he's still one of the most electric players in the league, so that one is probably better than 50/50 but it's a situation to monitor. I think if I was drafting early I would have to draft as though he wasn't or was returning part-time, because if you take him too early and he loses the job to Travaris Cadet, that'd suck.

Patterson and Tavon Austin are definite targets.

Jacoby Jones is a guy to target late, if he keeps the KR job and expands his offensive role he could be nice value.

With Javier Arenas traded and Andy Reid having a boner for Dexter Mccluster, he might regain value if he gets back the return job.

Jacquizz Rodgers once again is a nice depth pick and one injury away from being a beast.

Denard Robinson is a guy to keep an eye on, especially with MJD's health.

That article has a lot of sketchy predictions. Pittsburgh LSH should return kicks I assume, Golden Tate in SEA?

Has David Wilson returning kicks, but if he's more than a 50% committee back I don't see them risking him back there.

Edited by Jason497, 21 July 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#14 urfrendlipiro

urfrendlipiro

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

desean Jackson is supposed to be involved in punt returns this year while having a big role on offense.

haven't read much on Devin mccourty this year, but he was a pretty good kick returner last year. good idp guy to keep an eye on.

reggie bush is one who could end up on punt returns again as well. don't remember if I read that somewhere or if just connecting the dots though.

#15 DH61092

DH61092

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

harvin, cribbs, maybe cobb, sproles, and jacoby jones are the annual targets for return yard leagues. i was actually about to ask anybody if they had any information on returners and then i found this. cordarrelle patterson i heard is locked in as the kick returner and will be involved in the offense too. as somebody that gets harvin every year, patterson is somebody i'm hoping to get. i was thinking about getting tavon austin too, but i haven't heard if he'll do returns and that's the only way i'd invest in him. every depth chart for the seahawks i've seen has golden tate as the returner on kicks and punts, i can't help but think it just isn't updated and harvin will be in there soon.
C-   brian mccann (nyy)
1B- mike napoli (bos)
2B- jose altuve (hou)
3B- mike moustakas (kc)
SS- starlin castro (chc)
OF- carlos gonzalez* (col)
OF- starling marte (pit)
OF- jay bruce (cin)
UT- daniel murphy (nym)
UT- ben revere (phi)

B-  anthony rendon (wsh),
SP- felix hernandez* (sea), madison bumgarner* (sf), johnny cueto (cin)
SP- hiroki kuroda (nyy), kyle lohse (mil), scott kazmir (oak), ricky nolasco (min)
RP- bobby parnell (nym), latroy hawkins (col), cody allen (cle), sean doolittle (oak), jake mcgee (tb)
DL- matt kemp* (lad), manny machado (bal)

12 teams, 4 keepers, hitting stats: r, hits, 2b, hr, rbi, sb, avg, ops. pitching stats: w, l, s, holds, cg, era, whip, k's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users