Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

How much work do I need to do this offseason?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's a 12-team, 8-cat Roto Dynasty (12-keeper) with 12 slots and an 82 GP limit on each slot.  However, because talent has shifted over the last few years, it's better if you consider this a 10-team league, as the best teams are decidedly stronger.  Somehow, I successfully won the league last year while punting FT%.  But with all the moves in the offseason, I'm left feeling less than great.  My questions are 1)  How much worse do I look this year than last year because of the NBA offseason?  2)  Do I simply need to make a few moves to sure up an otherwise competitive team?  Or do i need to reconstruct all of it?  It's an ESPN league -- which should answer some questions about dual eligibility.

PG:  Kyrie Irving
PG:  Goran Dragic
SG:  George Hill
SG:  Mo Williams
SF:  Jimmy Butler
SF:  Kyle Korver
PF:  Josh Smith
PF:  Al Horford
C:  DeMarcus Cousins
C:  Dwight Howard
Util:  Jeremy Lin
Util:  Kevin Martin

Bench (Non-Keepers):  Tiago Splitter, Jared Dudley, Jared Sullinger

Off-season Changes:  Most distressing is Josh Smith's move to detroit.  Of course, it's all speculation.  But when he played the 3 in atlanta, his RPG plummeted and his FG% and bpg took a substantial hit as well.  Mo Williams -- he doesn't have a job.  Of course I'm going to wait and see, but I don't see him getting a starting job.  losing 10 mpg will render him next to useless.  Goran Dragic -- It's hard to know what his game is going to be with Bledsoe in town.  A real shakeup (such as his being taken completely off-ball or playing the roll of sixth man) is a very small chance.  But, even absent that risk, I think we can expect to see his assist and point numbers go down.  Jeremy Lin -- Beverly was moving in at the end of last year.  He's a weak shooter which might portent his getting less playing time with dwight.

#2 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postnosoup4crr, on 17 July 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

It's a 12-team, 8-cat Roto Dynasty

Somehow, I successfully won the league last year while punting FT%.  

How do you punt in roto?

#3 King.James

King.James

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

If Mo Williams signs with a team that puts him in abackup role keep Splitter and not him
Yahoo h2h 12 teams (9cats+3PT%)
PG Conley, Lawson, Sessions
SG Batum, W.Chandler, K.Martin
SF T.Young, J.Butler, Carroll
PF Love, Favors
C Valanciunas, Hawes

#4 Websauce

Websauce

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

I think overall you are ok.  J Smiths numbers may drop a little, but he still has significant value in a 12 team league.  I wouldn't keep Mo Williams, he is going to have little to no value next season and is old anyway.  Splitter is probably your best replacement.  Also, I think K Martin's production will go up next year in Minnesota, so he will be a plus in your SG slot.

#5 nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I hadn't even considered it because of how good mo was for me last year.  But it makes perfect sense.  I'll check to make sure he doesn't get a starting gig anywhere before I keep splitter.

I'm hoping Kmart does well next year -- but mostly so that I can trade him.  A lot of his value is lost because I'm punting ft%.

#6 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Dude....how do you punt in roto? Please explain.

#7 nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm not completely sure what you're asking.  Are you asking how to do it successfully?  Conceptually, it's the same as punting in H2H.  Logistically, it's just more difficult because a 1 pt. category is, theoretically, more damaging in roto than losing a category every week in H2H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users