Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Quinton Patton 2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
234 replies to this topic

#41 sfdevil

sfdevil

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

lol even though I love kaep the hype about his arm is getting ridiculous.
even more ridiculous is people thinking he will be gunning out there, unless defense falls apart like it did in the offs

but, let these people live in the their own world I guess :lol:

#42 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

When was the last time a WR2 in San Fran was fantasy relevant?

The last time they had a QB with an arm like Kap..

So that's why the WR2 put up such HUGE numbers last season in the playoffs right? I guess I missed those stats on the score sheet.

But go ahead and compare this to the days when they had Rice and Owens. Two of the best WR's of their generation.

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson

#43 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Why was this guy drafted so late? Checking into, everything checked out...he has had alot of injuries threw out his career in Lousiana Tech, Impressive didn't know this guy was born where I live now, Tennessee.

#44 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Why was this guy drafted so late? Checking into, everything checked out...he has had alot of injuries threw out his career in Lousiana Tech, Impressive didn't know this guy was born where I live now, Tennessee.

Small school, not fast, gimmick college O, only 6 225 reps at combine so might struggle in bump coverage

#45 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

I dropped Crabtree and picked him up in a dynasty league
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#46 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

Let's see
How he looks tonight

#47 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

This is crazy Id never think that a guy from La Vergne Tennessee would make it to NFL. This place is so country lol.

#48 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Let's see
How he looks tonight

Can't wait
The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#49 RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Is he confirmed as the WR2 or is that just speculation?
12-Team PPR
3-0 w/ #1 Waiver Wire

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Reggie Bush
WR: Danny Amendola
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Pierre Garcon
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: New England Patriots (or streaming)
Bench: Tony Romo, Gio Bernard, Josh Gordon, Anquan Boldin, Joique Bell, Kenbrell Thompkins, Defense of the Week

#50 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

As of right now Marlon Moore is the #2 (or 3 if you count Davis) but Moore couldn't crack the starting roster of the Dolphins so I'm on the fence about him. Patton has been running routes and catching balls one handed during the preseason due to his index finger injury which is why we haven't seen him in a game up until last week.

After doing extensive research on Patton, I believe he is the future of the organization. A leader, a hard worker, good footwork, knows how to get open and especially when the QB is scrambling, decent size and good hands. What more could you ask for? Patton definitely carries more value in keepers than redrafts.

Edited by scienergy, 29 August 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#51 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

definitely not confirmed. however, he's currently trying to beat out Kyle Williams and Moore, a guy the Niners signed off the street in March.

However, when trying to read the tea leaves known as Harbaugh you can really see he likes this kid. Says he's a "great player" after his first preseason game? After a broken pinky limited him to just route running for the past month? Me thinks that Harbaugh is running this kid's koolaid stand.

"One dollar, one dollar. Step right up and get your Patton punch. It's good to the last drop, which happened in college. One dollar!"

Edited by bbythepier, 29 August 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#52 bs61014

bs61014

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Jerry Rice / John Taylor

Jerry Rice / Terrel Owens

Terrel Owens / J.J. Stokes (a bit of a stretch)

I think the poster was referring to the current regime.

This is a run-heavy offense.

#53 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Jerry Rice / John Taylor
Jerry Rice / Terrel Owens
Terrel Owens / J.J. Stokes (a bit of a stretch)

I think the poster was referring to the current regime.
This is a run-heavy offense.

FTR, i am 100% in agreement that the Niners are not the Patriots in terms of scheme. Just 2 caveats from my chair:

1) When Kap took over, the Niners played some dud teams. STL, @STL, ARZ, etc But when the Niners play tougher teams, they might not have the luxury to get in a slogfest (ex. @NO & @NE last year)
2) While Boldin is the WR1 in name until Crabtree gets back, I'm not really sold he's a WR1 any longer. So while some may suggest Patton's ceiling for the first 12 weeks is WR2, I'm not so sure. In the back of my mind, this has the potential to be a Victor Cruz type deal.

#54 bdams19

bdams19

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

definitely not confirmed. however, he's currently trying to beat out Kyle Williams and Moore, a guy the Niners signed off the street in March.

However, when trying to read the tea leaves known as Harbaugh you can really see he likes this kid. Says he's a "great player" after his first preseason game? After a broken pinky limited him to just route running for the past month? Me thinks that Harbaugh is running this kid's koolaid stand.

"One dollar, one dollar. Step right up and get your Patton punch. It's good to the last drop, which happened in college. One dollar!"

You're forgetting Baldwin also has prototypical size as disappointing as he's been with the Chiefs

#55 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

I remember when Bill Walsh was talking to rep[orters years ago about this kid from Mississippi Valley State, and how he liked the kid and how special he thought the kid could be. The rest is history. Just brings back memories.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#56 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

You're forgetting Baldwin also has prototypical size as disappointing as he's been with the Chiefs

Except Baldwin hasn't worked with Kap or the O before. Plus, the masses over at Niners Webzone aren't even sure he is one of the 5 WRs the Niners keep (debatable).
Locks: Boldin, Patton, Moore
Bubble: Kyle Williams, Baldwin, Austin Collie, Chad Hall

** I'm dead serious here. Fans on every messageboard in the nation are trying to guess their team's 53 players, and Baldwin is not on 50% of the guesses. We'll see next week.

#57 Zumayaaaa

Zumayaaaa

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,930 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

I dropped Crabtree and picked him up in a dynasty league

Be prepared for a ton of trade offers. After a move like that I'm sure your leaguemates are scouring your roster and will be looking to relieve you of any players of value.

#58 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

So that's why the WR2 put up such HUGE numbers last season in the playoffs right? I guess I missed those stats on the score sheet.

But go ahead and compare this to the days when they had Rice and Owens. Two of the best WR's of their generation.

Hey you asked, I answered and answered accurately. The last time their WR2 was relevant was when they had Rice/Owens and a strong armed QB. Do you think that SF hates their WR2's or something? That they purposely dont use them? Because unless thats what your thinking I dont fully understand your point here. They havent had a great WR2 in some time.. why would they pour targets into their WR2 when they havent had a great one to rely on recently? If you were Kaepernick last year and you have Crabtree and a TE like Vernon Davis.. how often are your looking at your WR2 when its nobody even close to Crabtree or Vernon Davis? Plus Kap didnt have a whole offseason to prep as a starter and gain some chemistry with his wideouts like he does this year... i dont blame him for zeroing in on Crabs and VD last year. He knew where the talent was in the receiving game and thats where he went. Before him you had Alex Smith at the helm which was doing no favors for any WRs on this squad. Before Smith you had Jeff Garcia who had 2 very good seasons with the 49ers particularly in 2001, but his main wideout was T.O. and the WR2 was JJ Stokes... who didnt have a bad season with 60/600/7.. but its JJ Stokes were talking about not some great WR2 that they underused so I dont really see why SF and Kaepernick wouldnt give Patton targets if his talent dictates it.

#59 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hey you asked, I answered and answered accurately. The last time their WR2 was relevant was when they had Rice/Owens and a strong armed QB. Do you think that SF hates their WR2's or something? That they purposely dont use them? Because unless thats what your thinking I dont fully understand your point here. They havent had a great WR2 in some time.. why would they pour targets into their WR2 when they havent had a great one to rely on recently? If you were Kaepernick last year and you have Crabtree and a TE like Vernon Davis.. how often are your looking at your WR2 when its nobody even close to Crabtree or Vernon Davis? Plus Kap didnt have a whole offseason to prep as a starter and gain some chemistry with his wideouts like he does this year... i dont blame him for zeroing in on Crabs and VD last year. He knew where the talent was in the receiving game and thats where he went. Before him you had Alex Smith at the helm which was doing no favors for any WRs on this squad. Before Smith you had Jeff Garcia who had 2 very good seasons with the 49ers particularly in 2001, but his main wideout was T.O. and the WR2 was JJ Stokes... who didnt have a bad season with 60/600/7.. but its JJ Stokes were talking about not some great WR2 that they underused so I dont really see why SF and Kaepernick wouldnt give Patton targets if his talent dictates it.

Boss

#60 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hmm, ok.

So last season they had nobody close to the level of Crabtree and Davis? Maybe. But they did have Manningham and Moss last season. They might not be Pro Bowl WR's but they're not exactly scrubs either.

I'm here not to trash Patton. I like his talent. But to say that he's more talented than the WR2's that they had last season is ludicrous. Based on one single preseason game? Based on what Kaepernick said after the game? Go check the Niners message boards. They'll take a healthy Manningham over Patton every day of the week.

And if your argument is true that Kaep didn't throw to anyone else because they didn't have a WR2 who was on the same talent level as their WR1 and TE then that won't change this season either. Because Patton is NOT on the level of Boldin and Davis.

Again, I like the kid's talent but I see a lot of wishful thinking going on. Something you often see in players threads who are labeled sleepers. Because everyone wants to have that one lottery ticket.

Edited by Sine_cera, 29 August 2013 - 06:32 PM.

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson