Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Melancon 2013 Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 nrspinney

nrspinney

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

Jason Grilli left Monday night's game in Washington with an apparent right forearm injury.

this doesn't look good at all. if history is any indication, Grilli is probably going to miss some significant time.

Melancon, the Pirates set-up man, is an 2013 All-Star and one of the best relievers in the game today, and in all likelihood the Pirates first choice to close.

if he's available, get him now!
2014 - Yahoo. 12 Team. H2H. 6x6. Non-Keeper.
C: Jonathan Lucroy 1B: Carlos Santana.
2B: Jason Kipnis. SS: Hanley Ramirez
3B: Kyle Seager. OF: Jose Bautista. Hunter Pence. George Springer.
UTIL: Starling Marte. Steve Pearce.
Bench: Jimmy Rollins. Michael Morse. Josh Harrison. Edwin Encarnacion (DL)
[SP: Max Scherzer. Alex Cobb. Yordano Ventura. Jason Hammel. Alex Wood. Jake Arrieta. Andrew Cashner (DL)
RP: Francisco Rodriguez. Cody Allen. Joe Smith. Dellin Betances.

2014 - Yahoo. 10 Team. H2H. 8X8. Non-Keeper.
C: Devin Mesoraco. 1B: Mark Trumbo
2B: Jason Kipnis SS: Hanley Ramirez
3B: Todd Frazier. OF: Carlos Gonzalez. George Springer. Hunter Pence.
UTIL: Michael Brantley. Corey Dickerson.
Bench. Gregory Polanco. Matt Adams. Jimmy Rollins. Pablo Sandoval.
]SP: Felix Hernandez. James Shields. Sonny Gray. Garrett Richards. Yordano Ventura. Doug Fister. Scott Kazmir.
RP: Cody Allen. Mark Melancon. Tyler Clippard.

#2 metropolitans

metropolitans

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

I just saw Grilli leave the game, he appeared to be in AGONIZING Pain.... So if you're in a bind for SVs and he's still available, grab em NOW! whenever I hear "forearm tightness to be reviewed", I cringe bc that never seems to go well plus Grilli looked to be in A LOT of Pain.... The team will release a statement and what started as "tightness" suddenly turns into..... BOOM - Dr. Andrews & Tommy John Surgery..... I grabbed Melancon where I could, only available in 1 of my 4 leagues though...... FWIW, I'd speculate on Melancon WAY over other potential Closers such as Ziegler & Strop (and in that exact order too) .... If I'm "chasing saves", he's an absolute must-own now. This is where savvy fantasy owners can make up ground in the SVs category, some of the 1h of the season All-Stars will fade & it's up to you to decide Who & When?.... Answer Grilli & Now!