Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Braves @ Mets GDT 7/23/13Medlen vs Torres

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#1 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

And here we go. Some run support is nice.

#2 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Kris pitches well against the Mets, so I really hope he can get a good start tonight.

#3 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

LETS GO METS
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#4 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostATLBraves, on 23 July 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Kris pitches well against the Mets, so I really hope he can get a good start tonight.

It's the Mets. If he can't get through: A guy who was cut, an average big leaguer, an all star, and then 6 straight minor leaguers - God help him.

#5 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

I hate the Mets, but Eric Young is a pretty good leadoff man.  I'm not sure why the Rockies gave up on him so easy.

#6 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

ya and clown dismisses him as a guy who got cut  strong knowledge there

-Coach Tom Coughlin

NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member   Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#7 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostATLBraves, on 23 July 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I hate the Mets, but Eric Young is a pretty good leadoff man.  I'm not sure why the Rockies gave up on him so easy.

Could be like 6 years of hitting under .250 and a career OBP of sub .330 with the Rockies.

#8 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Guys, let's not make this about team allegiances as that's a surefire way to devolve toward ad hominem attacks. Please stay focused on the game and arguments—not on each other.

Thanks,
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#9 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Carlos torres league leader in era?

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#10 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 23 July 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Could be like 6 years of hitting under .250 and a career OBP of sub .330 with the Rockies.

He never had more then 200 AB's in any given season, so it's not like he had much of a leash in Colorado.  The guy obviously has ridiculous speed and has showed signs that he can hit for a decent average.

#11 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 23 July 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

It's the Mets. If he can't get through: A guy who was cut, an average big leaguer, an all star, and then 6 straight minor leaguers - God help him.

We had this ridiculous discussion yesterday. Mets have the 3rd most runs score in baseball in the month of July (17 games long now), and the 7th highest OPS. I'm not saying they are a great team, but it's getting ridicluous that people keep making comments just because they see the name "Mets" and are too lazy to actually look at numbers.

And calling Marlon Byrd a "minor leaguer" shows how little you know about fantasy baseball this year. He's been ridiculous, especially of late:
91st ranked player on the season
13th in the past 30 days
4th in the past 14 days
10th in the past 7

if that's your idea of a "minor leaguer" then I'm not sure we can take anything you say seriously.

EDIT: and this all coming from a Braves and Nats fan (born in ATL, grew up/live in Northern VA)...so definitely no Mets bias here.

Edited by UVA_Drew, 23 July 2013 - 06:34 PM.

12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex.

QB:  Jay Cutler
RB:  Lesean Mccoy
RB:  Adrian Peterson
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Torrey Smith
TE:  Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Pierre Thomas
K:     Blair Walsh
Def:  New England

Bench: Riley Cooper, Kenny Stills, Brian Hartline, Jordan Matthews, Jonathon Stewart, Knile Davis, Roy Helu

#12 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostATLBraves, on 23 July 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

He never had more then 200 AB's in any given season, so it's not like he had much of a leash in Colorado.  The guy obviously has ridiculous speed and has showed signs that he can hit for a decent average.
mets should def sign him to a long term deal

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#13 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

They have a full outfield. No need for a guy who really can't hit much. EYJR is pretty terrible. Any hot stretch by a guy and all of a sudden we want to reassess what we know about a player.

Maybe he improves and turns into one of the premier leadoff hitters in baseball.

Or maybe he goes back to being EYJR.

#14 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 23 July 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

We had this ridiculous discussion yesterday. Mets have the 3rd most runs score in baseball in the month of July (17 games long now), and the 7th highest OPS. I'm not saying they are a great team, but it's getting ridicluous that people keep making comments just because they see the name "Mets" and are too lazy to actually look at numbers.

And calling Marlon Byrd a "minor leaguer" shows how little you know about fantasy baseball this year. He's been ridiculous, especially of late:
13th in the past 30 days
4th in the past 14 days
10th in the past 7

if that's your idea of a "minor leaguer" then I'm not sure we can take anything you say seriously.

EDIT: and this all coming from a Braves and Nats fan (born in ATL, grew up/live in Northern VA)...so definitely no Mets bias here.
wait he was referring to byrd as the minor leaguer? ARE YOU KIDDING ME

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#15 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

way to get out of it torres.  that a boy

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#16 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostUVA_Drew, on 23 July 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

13th in the past 30 days
4th in the past 14 days
10th in the past 7

Yes you value 16 games over the larger sample. Weren't they a top 3 offense after April? Nice to see how that turned out.

2.5 weeks means nothing to me. They're still the Mets.

And Byrd has an ISO .100 points over his career average and a BABIP .100 + points over what he had last year. If you're banking on Marlon Byrd being a major league player the rest of the way, you're the same group who was banking on John Buck hitting 40 homers in April.

There are always 1 or 2 guys on awful teams that stand out and have career years. Byrd is one guy. But if you're counting on me believing that Byrd is suddenly going to slug .522 the rest of the way I'd call you crazy. He's like .100 points over everything as far as career averages are concerned.

I don't consider anyone but David Wright in that lineup a threat. It's embarrassing.

Edited by NoClownQuestionsBro, 23 July 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#17 ATLBraves

ATLBraves

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 23 July 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

They have a full outfield. No need for a guy who really can't hit much. EYJR is pretty terrible. Any hot stretch by a guy and all of a sudden we want to reassess what we know about a player.

Maybe he improves and turns into one of the premier leadoff hitters in baseball.

Or maybe he goes back to being EYJR.

Can he really not settle somewhere in between?  I dont think anyone here is trying to make a case that he is a "premier" leadoff hitter. I am just simply saying that it didn't make sense for the Rockies to give up on him so easily, and a lot of baseball writers agreed with this. The guy has potential, and with the right situation I am sure he can be good lead off man.

#18 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

its August   Byrd is for real by now. buck faded way soooner

-Coach Tom Coughlin

#RealDealWheeler

#19 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostNyMetsfan5, on 23 July 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

its August   Byrd is for real by now. buck faded way soooner

Byrd's hot stretch is basically starting a little later than Buck's did.

April .232/280/.377 .680 OPS (aka Marlon Byrd)
May .250/.290/.516 .805 (aka Marlon Byrd on a power binge)
June .282/.347/.553 .900 (lol not Marlon Byrd)
July: .333/.354/.627 .981 (....) .400 BABIP this month by the way.

#20 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry NoClowns...but your Byrd argument is ridiculous.

As stated about, it is August, he is still a top 100 fantasy player this year. I don't know what else you want to see.
12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex.

QB:  Jay Cutler
RB:  Lesean Mccoy
RB:  Adrian Peterson
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Torrey Smith
TE:  Kyle Rudolph
Flex: Pierre Thomas
K:     Blair Walsh
Def:  New England

Bench: Riley Cooper, Kenny Stills, Brian Hartline, Jordan Matthews, Jonathon Stewart, Knile Davis, Roy Helu