589 replies to this topic

#1 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Foster's 300+ carries .. Foster's injury history .. Any chance this guy could be the steal/sleeper of the 2013 season .. Thoughts?

#2 jtaylor39

jtaylor39

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Foster's 300+ carries .. Foster's injury history .. Any chance this guy could be the steal/sleeper of the 2013 season .. Thoughts?

I like to draft him just in case even though I don't own Foster. Not a bad bench stash imo and you can always try to trade him to the Foster owner for something.
  • mittelsteadt likes this
NABL 12 team ppr $$ League
2011 Champion
2012 3rd Place
2013 2nd Place

FFAH League
2009, 2010, 2011 Champion

I cash checks.

#3 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

nice bonus for prospectors: Tate is in a contract year.
This post is rated "G".

#4 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

I like to draft him just in case even though I don't own Foster. Not a bad bench stash imo and you can always try to trade him to the Foster owner for something.

That hasn't worked out in the past. Last year I took Ben Tate with the intentions of trading him to the Foster owner. That didn't work out.

Right now, I currently have Bryce Brown. The McCoy owner hasn't budged. At least I didn't take Brown for the sole purpose of trading him.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-4, 6th place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Boobie Dixon

#5 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Can this guy even handle all the carries if Foster were to go down .. Isn't Tate an injury risk as well .. What's his ceiling like if Foster goes down?

#6 Roto4500

Roto4500

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

He's a RB1 if Foster goes down.

#7 mortonjd

mortonjd

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

That hasn't worked out in the past. Last year I took Ben Tate with the intentions of trading him to the Foster owner. That didn't work out.

Right now, I currently have Bryce Brown. The McCoy owner hasn't budged. At least I didn't take Brown for the sole purpose of trading him.

Wouldn't stress this too much. BB figures to get at least 10-15 carries in that Chip Kelly blender of an offense--and if McCoy goes down, look out!

#8 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

what injury history?
  • pikerbkb likes this
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#9 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Pulled hammy .. Pulled calf muscle

#10 davo32683

davo32683

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

PUP list...calf strain

#11 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Texans placed RB Arian Foster (calf) on the active/PUP list.

Foster suffered a calf strain nearly two months ago during a spring practice, and the Texans are being cautious with their workhorse back. Ben Tate will see plenty of first-team reps. Foster is a prime candidate to be a fantasy bust this year due to his hefty workload (1,115 touches) over the last three seasons. The fact that he's not healthy for training camp means Foster's recovery is behind schedule.

#12 timexsocialclub

timexsocialclub

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Uh oh. I really think Foster is going to struggle with injuries this year. I don't think he will be a top 5 back and I think there's a real possibility he's not top 10. I think the injuries get him this year. Which, on the flipside, means Tate could have a humongous year.

#13 Sherlock

Sherlock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

The Texans have always gone easy on Arian in the offseason. I'm confident that once the season starts this "injury" will have no affect on his games played.

RW has been doing their best to remind us that he is an injury risk even though he has never missed a start. He should go in the top 3.
16 Team/ 9 Cat/ 5 UTIL/30 max moves

G: Curry | Rubio | Oladipo | E. Gordon | Mo | Jack | Lou
F: Horford | Sanders | Draymond | Vince | Harkless | Perry
C: M. Gasol | R. Lopez | Mozgov | Sims | Wright

#14 jstep13

jstep13

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

go for it, then. I ain't touching him.......

#15 RubioFTW

RubioFTW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

Never missed a start? He's missed games before.

However he seems to be banged up in the offseason somewhat frequently, but usually doesn't get hurt in the regular season. I'm not sure if the off season injuries are unlucky, or if the not getting hurt often in the regular season is lucky. But it scares me enough to have him at #4, also because I'd have to draft Tate high as well.

#16 Red Sox Nation

Red Sox Nation

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Foster missed 2.5 games 2 years ago when re-pulling his hammy IN SEASON. He was #1 per game in points, and the #3 overall rb that season. His current injury is considered precautionary. We are 40 days away from the Texans first game. Let's not get carried away yet. As a Foster owner it's obviously a smart idea to have this guy on your team, but like most handcuffs this guy will get dropped if Foster is healthy 6-7 games into the season. Don't overreact to July happenings. Tate has talent but there is no true opportunity available to him yet.
  • Sherlock and pikerbkb like this

#17 Roto4500

Roto4500

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

risk even though he has never missed a start.

This is totally false.

#18 jmausen

jmausen

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Forsett has moved onto Jacksonville leaving Tate as the lone backup. Jacksonville is converting to a zone blocking scheme which Forsett showed success with last year in Texas. If MJD has McFadden issues with zone blocking, then Forsett will benefit. MJD has also shared concern about losing his lead blocker to free agency. His relativly low ADP is warrented.

Tate, if healthy, will pick up Forsett's carries from last year, plus coaching has stated they want to reduce Foster's carries from 351 last year down to the 300 range. So, in additon to Forsett's touches, Tate should at least be getting an additonal 50 from Foster. ESPN has Tate projected for 110 touches. My numbers get him up to 170 carries (10 per game plus some catches) with a low end value around Andre Brown and Bernard (RB 35).

I'm not taking Foster until Peterson, Martin, Lynch, Charles, and probably Richardson are all off the board. If Foster does go down during the season, (1,115 toches in 3 years [371 per year]; YPC has dropped from 4.9 to 4.4 to 4.1) then Tate will explode. They might even decide to go more RBBC to keep Foster fresh for the playoffs; in fact, I would count on it. You saw how well that worked for Ray Rice and the Ravens last year. Anyone in Texas interested in winning a Super Bowl? It helps if your feature back has plenty in the tank late in the season. Tate will probably pick up some goal line touches toward the end of the season which could get him into top 24 RB value with a healthy Foster on the field. Woodhead finished top 24 in NE last year with Riddly in the top 10. That's what I expect in Texas this year.

#19 Sherlock

Sherlock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Foster missed 2.5 games 2 years ago when re-pulling his hammy IN SEASON. He was #1 per game in points, and the #3 overall rb that season. His current injury is considered precautionary. We are 40 days away from the Texans first game. Let's not get carried away yet. As a Foster owner it's obviously a smart idea to have this guy on your team, but like most handcuffs this guy will get dropped if Foster is healthy 6-7 games into the season. Don't overreact to July happenings. Tate has talent but there is no true opportunity available to him yet.

My mistake! I didn't think it sounded right as I was typing it. I should have double checked.

He has missed two of his past 52 games. :)
16 Team/ 9 Cat/ 5 UTIL/30 max moves

G: Curry | Rubio | Oladipo | E. Gordon | Mo | Jack | Lou
F: Horford | Sanders | Draymond | Vince | Harkless | Perry
C: M. Gasol | R. Lopez | Mozgov | Sims | Wright

#20 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

what injury history?

Texans placed RB Arian Foster (calf) on the active/PUP list.
Foster suffered a calf strain nearly two months ago during a spring practice, and the Texans are being cautious with their workhorse back. Ben Tate will see plenty of first-team reps. Foster is a prime candidate to be a fantasy bust this year due to his hefty workload (1,115 touches) over the last three seasons. The fact that he's not healthy for training camp means Foster's recovery is behind schedule.

C'mon guys. Are you serious? 9/10 times veteran player + preseason calfstrain/hammy/back spasms is code for taking it easy. You seriously think a calf strain is going to linger 2 months? AF knows the offense in his sleep. Foster is just saving it for when it counts. He will show up for the last couple preseason games and look like the same old Foster. Wake up and smell the muscles.Posted Image

Edited by pikerbkb, 26 July 2013 - 01:16 PM.

• Red Sox Nation likes this

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users