Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Rotoworld Community '13 Basketball Mock Draft Discussion/ Analysis ThreadDraft Analysis/ Discussion only/ DO NOT DISCUSS PLAYERS YET TO BE DRAFTED!

• Please log in to reply
737 replies to this topic

#1 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Post all draft analysis, critiques, and discussion in this thread.

Edited by Tarheels_2433, 29 July 2013 - 10:39 PM.

12 team H2H 12 cat
G -K. Irving, J. Nelson, R. Jackson
SG- D. Wade,, K. Leonard, D. Green
SF- P. Pierce, E. Illyasova, S. Marion
PF- K. Love, Mk. Morris
C- J. Noah, E. Kanter

#2 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

My first pick
Lebron James

If it's not Durant, it's Lebron. If it's not Lebron, it's Durant. For me, it's definitely Lebron all the way. Many people point to Lebron trailing Durant's value by a -.21 margin last season, but quite frankly, the numbers don't tell it all. Many people don't factor in the fact that Durant got off to a scorching hot start while Lebron's FT% was Shaq-esque to start out the season. As the season went on, Lebron inched closer and closer as both players returned to the mean. In the last 3 months, Lebron closed the margin to -.08. In the last 2 months, Lebron took a sizable lead with +.15. In the last month, Lebron raised it to +.27, with Durant not even being the #2 player anymore.

Why is this? Lebron is a far more rounded player, and his FT% wasn't going to stay in the .600s for long. Even if Lebron somehow starts the season off slow once again, there's no doubt he'll turn it on and regain his form by the time fantasy teams most need him, during the fantasy playoffs. Plus, it's incredible that Lebron is still just 28. He is in his peak years right now, and his efficiency is going to be off the charts. The Lebron vs. KD dilemma may be a huge issue for some fantasy owners, but for me the choice is crystal clear.

#3 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Looks like top 5 picks will probably go according to plan. Can't wait to see pick 6 and beyond.

#4 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

Pick 6 checking in...

#5 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

I got 5th. waiting for Hammurabi to make his pick but it looks like he'll check in tomorrow.

#6 bloopy

bloopy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:angsty make out music

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

hm, maybe i'm a little behind, but i thought everyone after #3 would be incredibly hard to predict. i have a 4/5 duo in mind, though wouldn't be surprised if either of them slide since neither are sure-shot fantasy HOFers like lebron/durant/cp3.
13.9 pts, 5.4 rebs, 3.3 asts, 1.0 stls, 0.7 blks, 1.0 3pm, 1.9 to, 46 FG%, 78 FT%

#7 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

View Postbloopy, on 26 July 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

hm, maybe i'm a little behind, but i thought everyone after #3 would be incredibly hard to predict. i have a 4/5 duo in mind, though wouldn't be surprised if either of them slide since neither are sure-shot fantasy HOFers like lebron/durant/cp3.

After those three, I think it's a consensus between Harden, Curry, or Love, with a majority preferring Harden since he's much safer than the other two.

#8 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

let's try not to discuss players until they've been drafted.

View Postballsohard, on 26 July 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

After those three, I think it's a consensus between Harden, Curry, or Love, with a majority preferring Harden since he's much safer than the other two.

Edited by patentboy23, 26 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

12 team H2H 12 cat
PF- K. Love, Mk. Morris
C- J. Noah, E. Kanter

#9 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,356 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Stoked to get Harden. I dont care what BBM or anyone else says I rate him higher than Chris Paul. With D12 he should see a slight spike in both efficiency and also assists. His scoring may drop a point or 2 but the aforementioned exchange is well well worth it. Harden has proven he can shoulder the load and perform at a top 3 pick level. His scoring, ft%, threes, assists and steals are all elite at SG position. He's durable and consistent...Exactly what you want as a foundation of a fantasy team. My prediction on stats next year are as follows,

77GP-24.5ppg-4.3rpg-6.3apg-46%fgs-2.5 3ptm-85%ft%-1.6 steals-3.5tos
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#10 patentboy23

patentboy23

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Regardless of injury risk, I prefer Paul>Curry> Harden.  CP3 consistently has finished in  the top 3 over the past several seasons; his elite stls, assists, and TOs are unparalleled for a PG.  However, Curry is itching to surpass him.  Over the last 3 months of '12-'13 season, Curry was ranked #3 behind KD and Bron and had avgs of 25 PPG 4RPG 7APG 3.8 3PM 1.6 ST 46% FG 90% FT 3.1 TOs.
12 team H2H 12 cat
PF- K. Love, Mk. Morris
C- J. Noah, E. Kanter

#11 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Steph Curry seems to be the most logical choice @ 5th. Per BBM, Ranked 4th overall for the full season, 3rd over the last 3 months, almost tied Durant for 2nd in the last 2 months, and surpassed him in the last month placing behind King James.

Of course given his propensity for hurting his ankles there's a risk of missing my 1st overall pick is but there is no other player I'd pick over him @ 5th besides CP3 or Harden.

#12 lavester1906

lavester1906

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Now it gets interesting...
Bragging Rights Team- Winner of 4 Championships out of the last 7 years.

14 Teams H2H

PG- John Wall
SG- Eric Bledsoe
SF- DeMar DeRozan
PF- Paul Millsap
C- Marc Gasol
Util- Andre Drummond
Util- Patrick Beverly
Bch- Trevor Ariza
Bch- J.J. Hickson
Bch- Josh McRoberts
Bch- Glen Davis
Bch- Derrick Williams

#13 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

Gotta go with the most versatile player remaining. It was a bad season last year for Love, but there is no other player in the game that can provide the stats that he does. PG is deep enough this year that I feel as if I can pass on what's on the board for a player later that would still be considered elite. To me there is a clear 4 and Curry is on the edge of it but I might've taken Love over him. I just can't justify taking a PG this early while no other player will be able to put up PTS/REB/3s with stellar %s like Love.

#14 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postrayruuu, on 26 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Gotta go with the most versatile player remaining. It was a bad season last year for Love, but there is no other player in the game that can provide the stats that he does. PG is deep enough this year that I feel as if I can pass on what's on the board for a player later that would still be considered elite. To me there is a clear 4 and Curry is on the edge of it but I might've taken Love over him. I just can't justify taking a PG this early while no other player will be able to put up PTS/REB/3s with stellar %s like Love.

Interesting choice, I was wondering where Love was gonna go.

#15 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Interesting to see the premium on big men early as well. Love was dropped in ranking due to his injury concerns, just as Steph was the last few years. KLove in his old form is easily in the top 4/5 group rather than in tier 1C

#16 lavester1906

lavester1906

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

A no-brainer for me there. All reports have him being ready to go for training camp, and he'll be back with a chip on his shoulder too, so no way I could let Westbrook pass by me with the 8th pick!
Bragging Rights Team- Winner of 4 Championships out of the last 7 years.

14 Teams H2H

PG- John Wall
SG- Eric Bledsoe
SF- DeMar DeRozan
PF- Paul Millsap
C- Marc Gasol
Util- Andre Drummond
Util- Patrick Beverly
Bch- Trevor Ariza
Bch- J.J. Hickson
Bch- Josh McRoberts
Bch- Glen Davis
Bch- Derrick Williams

#17 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

just a suggestion. can we make a poll asking forum members which team from our draft they like the most once we complete the draft?

#18 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,356 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

Im actually very bearish on Love. I am not sure he is capable of being durable. His production has really tailed off over the last few years, especially the fg%. Perhaps he can attribute this to injury. I see a player that is drifting further and further from the paint and falling in love with the perimeter jumpshot. Add in his lack of peripheral stats and I just dont think that Love is a compelling first round pick esp closer to the top half. I think there are better/safer picks to be had at his valuation. I certainly would rate Al Jefferson and R. Westbrook ahead of Love.

Edited by Code of Hammurabi, 26 July 2013 - 11:07 AM.

EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#19 terribleswedes

terribleswedes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

That was a hard one for me, actually. There was another, potentially more obvious choice, but I'm a big believer in Paul George this year. From year to year, he gets way better. And he even got better in the playoffs, upping himself to five assists (!). If LeBron and everyone else in the world is raving that you're a future superstar, and you pass my eyeball test, and you don't have a big injury history... well, at the ninth pick, I'll take that.
8-team, 8-cat roto:
Kevin Love; Paul George; Mike Conley; Tim Duncan; Kawhi Leonard; Kyle Lowry; Marcin Gortat; Isaiah Thomas; Tyson Chandler; Manu Ginobili; Tyreke Evans; Terrence Ross; J.R. Smith

10-team, 9-cat H2H:
Lebron James; Dwight Howard; Ricky Rubio; Brandon Jennings; Jose Calderon; Andre Drummond; Klay Thompson; Spencer Hawes; DeAndre Jordan; Manu Ginobili; Amir Johnson; Tyreke Evans; Jodie Meeks

#20 EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

View Postterribleswedes, on 26 July 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

That was a hard one for me, actually. There was another, potentially more obvious choice, but I'm a big believer in Paul George this year. From year to year, he gets way better. And he even got better in the playoffs, upping himself to five assists (!). If LeBron and everyone else in the world is raving that you're a future superstar, and you pass my eyeball test, and you don't have a big injury history... well, at the ninth pick, I'll take that.

thanks for not sniping my pick :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users