• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 paulinny

paulinny

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hi - just installed Draft Master.  The features of the software indicate it will show all of the latest RotoWorld news for each player within the app.  I am not seeing this...if I click Rob Gronkowski it only display the "Outlook" but no player news.  If I click on the "News" tab there is nothing listed.  This is an important feature to me.

#2 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

Go to the Player News tab and click the refresh button.  Under Settings you can enable auto refresh.  You can aslo add other rss feeds to get news from other sources than rotoworld if you like.

#3 BoilerUPTX

BoilerUPTX

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

There is no refresh button on "Player News" tab (inside the Player Details tab...which also includes Outlook, Forecast, Gamelogs, Twitter, Contract, My Notes). There is a refresh button on the "News" tab, however, that doesn't send the news to the aforementioned "Player Details" tab.
16 Team 1 PPR / Dynasty

QB: Big Ben / Vick / Tuel
WR: Amendola / Wayne / Hunter / Kerley / DHB / Patton
RB: Blount / Sproles / Moreno / SJax / Quizz / OBGYN
TE: Witten / Moeaki

#4 pile18york

pile18york

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Same issue for me...previous years this was one of the best functions of this tool updating so you can see the current news right inside the Players Tool tab.  If this isn't resolved this will be last year I use this program.  Why would they change it??  Please resolve

#5 tb0nezz

tb0nezz

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Same issue here.  No "Refresh" button.

#6 Philly_Raiders_Fan

Philly_Raiders_Fan

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Same issue. I also saw in some instances the news is truncated or the outlook if from 2012. I'm beginning to wonder if this product is worth it. It would also be a plus to have IR players such as MacLin (WR) removed from the active draft list since he is not playing this year. I am noticing teams drafting him in my various mock drafts.

Come on Rotoworld, you can do better than this.

#7 mrslice

mrslice

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

I have tried the Java/Mac version as well as the Windows version. On both platforms, I can't get any Player News to load. Product is up to date, using 2013A and have the lastest LiveUpdate downloads. What gives? I've already missed out on one draft and about to miss out on a second.

#8 mrslice

mrslice

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Has this issue been resolved? I'm still having same issue. Software is kind of useless without this feature. Why can't the mods get involved in a month-old topic?

#9 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I see plenty of news, pulled 15 articles down from today.  News is no longer appended on outlooks, you will have to click on the news tab.

#10 mrslice

mrslice

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Is there no player specific news this year? On previous versions, the "Player News" tab would be populated with the most recent player-specific update much like you would find by typing in a players name on rotoworld.com.

Without this info, you would need to cross reference each player with the website in order to get the most recent news specific to that player. Is this no longer a supported feature?

#11 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Is your Draft Master auto fetching news?

Window -> Settings -> News Settings -> Check for news every X minutes.

#12 mrslice

mrslice

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yes, Draft Master is fetching news and populating it in the "News" tab (next to the Player Pool tab). Previous versions would also download player specific news in the Player Details tab. Is this no longer supported? If it's not, the value of the software is greatly diminished as you have to cross reference each player back to Rotoworld.com to make sure there isn't any news that that happened a few days ago, as only most recent headlines are displayed within the software.

For example, let's say I didn't know that Percy Harvin was hurt. I wouldn't know by looking within the app. Instead, I would have to go back to Rotoworld.com, search for Harvin, and then see the update from 8/16.

#13 J-Train

J-Train

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I really don't understand what is going on with the player rankings.  I have the newest build (2013A) installed today.  You still have Percy Harvin, Dennis Pitta, and Aaron Hernandez ranked very high at their position and they are all out.  You still have Jonathan Stewart relatively high and he's going to start on the PUP list.  What's going on?

#14 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostJ-Train, on 26 August 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

I really don't understand what is going on with the player rankings.  I have the newest build (2013A) installed today.  You still have Percy Harvin, Dennis Pitta, and Aaron Hernandez ranked very high at their position and they are all out.  You still have Jonathan Stewart relatively high and he's going to start on the PUP list.  What's going on?

Have you performed a Live Update?  What column are you sorting on?

#15 ds8423

ds8423

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

This is ridiculous. Why did you eliminate the news for each player. I paid for the draft master so I can draft competitively without having to pay attention to the preseason. I pay for this draft master so I don't look like an idiot and draft Jeremy Maclin. Why would you eliminate your BEST FEATURE and prohibit me from quickly accessing each players updated news. Please fix this ASAP or I will never pay for your services again and I will tell everyone how this is such a waste of money. I'm extremely disappointed in this change. There if no information on Harvin, Maclin, and Gronk... That is ridiculous

#16 trippdudley

trippdudley

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Same deal with me- I'm finding that there's a lot of features that just don't seem to be working properly. Is there a fix for this?  Lets get it done roto!

#17 Draft Master

Draft Master

Superstar

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

If you news is slim, add more feeds.  Here are a few to get you started.
http://www.cbssports.com/partners/feeds/rss/nflplayerupdates
http://www.cbssports.com/partners/feeds/rss/nfl_news
http://www.nfl.com/rss/rsslanding?searchString=home
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rss.xml

I have news in my Draft Master for all the above mentioned players.  One thing to keep in mind is that news is different from all the other content in Draft Master.  The news is fetch in real time, all the time Draft Master is open.  You should open Draft Master at least once a day and fetch news.  Also adding additional feeds in addition to roto will also help.

#18 akayva

akayva

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

just started a new thread on this same topic. the problem is that the news pull doesn't pull everything for the last 60 days, it only pulls the most recent 15 or so news articles. that is pretty useless if you haven't been having the program open for the last month constantly pulling news. can you fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users