• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,850 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever

#2 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Some hitting touts -

Icky Ricky Weeks should be run out there this week gentlemen. Scooter Gennett was recalled but not to bump ol' Rickie off of regular duty at 2B. Rather, he was brought up to light a fire under his a** again.

Icky Ricky has promptly scorched 3 doubles in his last 9 at-bats. With 7 games on the ledger (more than any other 2B in baseball) he might be a sneaky play for counting stats at a position that has always been hurting. If you're a Roberts, Gyorko, Nickmundo owner looking for something, the man who they replaced on your team might be the answer this week!

BJ Upton is back and it's Upton time. BJ Upton has a biological clock that ticks up until August 1st, when he magically learns to hit and starts playing like a top 5 fantasy baseball player. He should be owned in all leagues down the stretch.

Jonathan Villar is a decent replacement for E-Cab should Emperor Selig lay down the ban hammer.

#3 Weekend @ Bernie's

Weekend @ Bernie's

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

"Jonathan Villar" would be good for a Hanley replacement too....

#4 posty

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,850 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 05 August 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Jonathan Villar is a decent replacement for E-Cab should Emperor Selig lay down the ban hammer.

In my opinion, I think someone hitting .184 with 21 strikeouts in 49 at-bats is someone to leave on the wire...  I don't care how many stolen bases he has...

#5 spaghetti

spaghetti

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Villar has been struggling as of late and might have lost the lead-off spot to Robbie Grossman, who has been on fire since the all-star break. 12/25 1 HR 3RBIs 2 SBs with 6 straight games with 1 run. He could be a cheap source of steals, especially during the upcoming Boston series, even though he is 4/8 in steals for the year.

Oswaldo Arcia should have regular playing and could be a cheap source of power in deep leagues.

Edited by spaghetti, 05 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#6 NoClownQuestionsBro

NoClownQuestionsBro

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

View Postposty, on 05 August 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostNoClownQuestionsBro, on 05 August 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

In my opinion, I think someone hitting .184 with 21 strikeouts in 49 at-bats is someone to leave on the wire...  I don't care how many stolen bases he has...

SAGNOF!

#7 mpbaseball22

mpbaseball22

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postspaghetti, on 05 August 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Villar has been struggling as of late and might have lost the lead-off spot to Robbie Grossman, who has been on fire since the all-star break. 12/25 1 HR 3RBIs 2 SBs with 6 straight games with 1 run. He could be a cheap source of steals, especially during the upcoming Boston series, even though he is 4/8 in steals for the year.

Oswaldo Arcia should have regular playing and could be a cheap source of power in deep leagues.

Grossman has been on fire in the minors then kept it going with his promotion.. definitely someone i have an eye on
16 Team Dynasty with Milb rosters (40 man mlb, 35 man milb) 15 start limit
McCatchin Trout
C: Posey
1B: Lind
2B: Kipnis
3B: Alvarez
SS: Hardy
IF: Asdrubal
OF: McCutchen, Trout, Beltran, Gattis
U: Harrison, Moustakas, Dietrich
Bench: Chris Young, Ruf, Eduardo Escobar, Valencia, Freiman, Reimold

SP: Gio, Zimmerman, Kazmir, Cashner, Holland, Simon, Kennedy, Duffy, Morton, Hutchison, McCarthy, Miguel Gonzalez, Feldman
RP: Holland, Rosenthal, Melancon, Doolittle, Ramos, Santos, Cecil, Frieri, Oviedo, Giles, Andrew Bailey

Notable prospects (35 man rosters):
Bundy, Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez, Dahl, Heredia, Alcantra, Mike Montgomery, Law, Kevin Franklin, Brian Ragira, Joan Gregorio, Pat Light, Heathcott, Jacobs, Adalberto Mejia, Daniel Palka, Aderlin Rodriguez, Erick Leal, Aaron Slegers, Brandon Cumpton, Jake Lamb, Lambo, Vaughn Bryan, Adam Brett Walker, Scott Carroll, Lorenzen, Voth, Walters, Wendle, Mella, Lugo, Jose Dominguez, Ken Giles, Jefry Rodriguez, Franmil Reyes

#8 placeholder

placeholder

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Wright @ Hou tomorrow. Might be worth a stream.
C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - ...........
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jimmy Rollins
CI - Paul Goldschmidt
MI - Alexei Ramirez
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Shin Choo
OF - Hunter Pence
OF - Desmond Jennings
OF - Will Venable
UTL - Leonys Martin
DL - Corey Hart

#9 Flacco2Rice

Flacco2Rice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

A-ROD !! DO IT!
12 Team AL-ONLY, 5x5 Roto

C-Salvador Perez
1B - EDWIN ENCARNACION
2B - Howie Kendrick
SS - Jed Lowrie
3B - Evan Longoria
OF - Kole Calhoun, Adam Eaton,  Chris Carter, Colby Rasmus, James Jones, Colabello
UT - CHRIS DAVIS
DH - Albert Pujols

SP - Weaver, Kuroda, Miguel Gonzalez, Drew Hutchinson, Stroman, Workman, Shane Greene, Holland(DL)
RP - McGee, Koji

#10 ejbirnfam

ejbirnfam

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Does anyone know who is going to fill in for Everth at SS?

#11 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Best guess would be Cedeno
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#12 WahooManiac

WahooManiac

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Interests:Beating everyone

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postejbirnfam, on 05 August 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Does anyone know who is going to fill in for Everth at SS?
I thought I saw a poster earlier say Gyorko to SS possibly?
Good pitching will beat good hitting anytime, and vice versa.  -Bob Veale

We're reaching the pt where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life.  Take your pick.  -Thomas Boswell

#13 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Interests:Bein' Ada Allin!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

If your league (and more importantly, your team) is deep enough, I think some people can handle a guy like Villar in a MI slot, as his speed should be more than enough to work with for the rest of the year... (this does depend on your team's strength and league size a lot though). 3/3 today.... 9/11 overall... I will gladly take that when all I really need is replacement level out of that spot on my team (to replace Cabrera).

I think Villar could be a decent fill-in and am thankful for the tout, but it depends on your team more than anything I guess.

---
Lucas Duda is set to come off of the DL soon for the Mets. He could provide decent pop and a solid OBP. No idea what to expect out of the gate, but his rehab assignment was going well and he should be back any day now. 5-10 HR the rest of the way isn't unreasonable to expect, and a .350 OBP would be fine.... 1B/OF eligible in most platforms, barely owned. How much playing time and just how rusty he is will determine if he's of any worth, I suppose, but deep leagues and NL-only players should take note.

If they're at all available in any leagues and you are in need of a starter, give Felix Doubront and/or Ivan Nova a try. Both have been great and it would seem as though Pineda isn't going to return to the rotation this year, so Nova's spot is probably safe (plus, with how he has been pitching, other than Kuroda he has easily been their best starter over the past month+).

Doubront has a miniscule ERA since the beginning of June and has been garnering a decent amount of W's to go with the nice ratios. He is owned in a lower % of leagues on Yahoo! platform, and both are under 40% total-- so if they are out there and on your wire, try and change that.

Also: whoever is in line for saves in LAA. Any young guns? Dane De La Rosa, if not I guess? I don't know if Frieri is going to hold that job to the end of the year. It may become audition time at some point with their season more or less done..... Frieri is JUST LIKE Carlos Marmol, but everyone seems to love him (whereas the hatred for guys like Marmol and similar pitchers alike is nonstop). I could see the Angels trying to shine crap into gold or get lucky with a young arm depending on that situation in the back... with Downs gone, I have no idea what could happen and expect them to sign someone in the offseason probably, but for now, maybe they will look towards others. I would recommend De La Rosa probably before anyone else, but maybe a guy like Jepsen is ahead of him and I just don't know (I really don't follow the Angels much at all, I won't lie).
Sometimes I'll spend 6 hours in one day watching Fraiser. (Subtract the 6 or 7+ minutes per commercials with dying babies and dogs to sponsor through mail that airs after- and in between episodes- and it's more like 5 hours, but I watch Cheers sometimes too.)  I also am a Cubs fan of 25+ years. Needless to say, I'm (obviously) terminally (and mentally?) ill. :-)

My team will be here again soon. I've learned how to use a Twiatter account, and even "follow" Matt Vasgersian now! If I could really follow him, I'd catch him in COL at a Rox game and smoke with that mofo over some funnel cake.

~Juan Encarnacion's #1 fan!~

#14 Travis Burten

Travis Burten

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Allllll aboard Dee Gordon. Will hit .300 with a tonne of steals.

#15 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostTravis Burten, on 06 August 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Allllll aboard Dee Gordon. Will hit .300 with a tonne of steals.

Lol
All-Icon Team:
C- Carlton Fisk
1B- Frank Thomas
2B- Ryne Sandberg
SS- Ozzie Smith
3B- Wade Boggs
CF- Rickey
LF- Kirk Gibson
RF- Chili Davis
DH- Eddie Murray

SP- Nolan Ryan
SP- Orel Herschiser
SP- Greg Maddux
SP- Roger Clemens
SP- BlackJack McDowell

RP- Eck

#16 Yanksfan06

Yanksfan06

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

For those in real deep leagues, Alex Avila, Brett Wallace, and Kole Calhoun might prove to be solid pickups.

#17 champy41

champy41

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Danny Salazar looks like must add right now. Heard speculation that Kluber injury might last longer than originally anticipated. Kid is nasty and Indians need him right now.  Throws against Det tomorrow night so be careful...

Edited by champy41, 06 August 2013 - 10:17 PM.

12 team h2h money league (non-keeper). Categories are: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C-Yan Gomes (Cle - C)
1B-Mark Trumbo (Ari - 1B,OF)
2B-Ian Kinsler (Det - 2B)
3B-Anthony Rendon (Was - 2B,3B)
SS-Erick Aybar (LAA - SS)
OF-Carlos Gonzalez (Col - OF), Jay Bruce (Cin - OF), Kole Calhoun (LAA - OF)
Util-Brock Holt (Bos - 1B,3B,OF), Mike Napoli (Bos - 1B)
DL-Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
DL-George Springer (Hou - OF)

SP-Felix Hernandez (Sea - SP), Jon Lester (Bos - SP), Garrett Richards (LAA - SP,RP), Jake Arrieta (ChC - SP), Jose Quintana (CWS - SP), Danny Duffy (KC - SP,RP), Jacob deGrom (NYM - SP,RP)
RP-Glen Perkins (Min - RP), Francisco Rodriguez (Mil - RP), Sean Doolittle (Oak - RP), Zach Britton (Bal - SP,RP), Santiago Casilla (SF - RP)

#18 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

Deduno and Cosart look like good streams tomorrow as well.

Also liking Gee for the day after that

#19 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Cosart vs Sox?!
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#20 th3jok3r

th3jok3r

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

Robbie Grossman

Since being recalled by HOU and playing his 1st game again on July 28, he has a hit in all 9 straight games played. He has moved into the lead off spot for the past 3 games. He's gone 15/32 with 8R - 2HR - 7RBI - 4BB/9K with 4 SB's in those 9 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users