#1 kidtwentytwo

kidtwentytwo

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postposty, on 05 August 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever

Will Venable

On a tear w/ 7 games next week and 3 in Coors
Everybody panic

#2 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Middlebrooks underlying stats same as last years good half year. Only thing different is his BABIP. is 100 pts lower this year
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Boaegerts SS-Peralta OF-Choo,Crisp,Morse
SP-Cueto,Gray,A.Wood,Peavy,Ventura,Harrison
BN-Venable,Ackley,R Davis,Victorino
DL-Kershaw.Holland,Calhoun,Profar

#3 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,625 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sonny Gray - next two starts; Houston and Seattle. Both @ home.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#4 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

If arroyo is available, next start at Cubs

Porcello at W Sox

Gogogogogogo
I've got more hits than Sadaharu Oh.

#5 jr11890

jr11890

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Post2ndCitySox, on 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Porcello at W Sox

Gogogogogogo

Those guys arent available in most
16 Team H2H Non Points League Non Keeper
Positions:C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF SP SP SP SP SP BN BN BN BN BN DL DL DL DL
Categories:R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K'S AVG OBP IP W L CG SHO HR K'S ERA WHIP QS
C-Molina 1B-Freeman 2B-Carpenter 3B-Boaegerts SS-Peralta OF-Choo,Crisp,Morse
SP-Cueto,Gray,A.Wood,Peavy,Ventura,Harrison
BN-Venable,Ackley,R Davis,Victorino
DL-Kershaw.Holland,Calhoun,Profar

#6 2ndCitySox

2ndCitySox

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postjr11890, on 11 August 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

View Post2ndCitySox, on 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Porcello at W Sox

Gogogogogogo

Those guys arent available in most

Porcello at 52% ownership in CBS. So yeah, technically not most.
I've got more hits than Sadaharu Oh.

#7 muggsy_bogues

muggsy_bogues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:sports, sports, sports, women, sports, cars, collecting memorabilia, sports, hockey, fantasy sports!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

What about Avisail Garcia?  I just read the column on roto and says he should be picked up.
2014-2015 10 Team Fantasy Baseball
C: Salvador Perez
1B: Votto, Goldschmidt
2B: Gyorko, Wong
3B: Fraizer, Arenado
SS: Hardy, Peralta
OF: Cargo, C. Gomez, Ellsbury, M. Morse, Blackmon, Ozuna, G. Sizemore, Springer
Pitchers: Darvish, A. Sanchez, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Sonny Gray, Liriano, Archer, Cingrani, Peralta
RP: Koji Uehara, Sergio Santos
DL: Taijuan Walker

2014-2015 Fantasy Hockey Keepers
Geno, P. Bergeron, Nathan MacKinnon, Landeskog, JVR, PK Subban, Shattenkirk, Ryan Miller

#8 Milk Me

Milk Me

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Bein' a cop, vroom-vroom!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Matt Adams.... Beltran day-to-day with a foot contusion, and the dude's 35 or 36 now, so would a backdated DL stint really surprise anyone? He finished his AB and struck out and then left the game today against Chicago. Foot contusion. Craig to play right, Adams to start at 1B. Worth a pick-up in deeper or NL-only leagues for the mean time... he has an impact bat and if your league is H2H, he might be worth plugging in there all week. I truly think Beltran could be out for 3-5 days at least. It didn't look great.

Anyone who wants to give their opinion (on Beltran & the potential playing time to come from it for Adams and how long it will last/whether it's worth a start in weekly leagues) may feel free though... just wanna pass it on... pst.
Please friend req. +/or PM me if you would like insight or advice, as some have in the past and a couple of you currently have been doing most recently (in helping each other w/ league questions, as opposed to using the BC forum or player threads for advice). Otherwise, any of my posts can (or will) be found in the WW weekly threads, and I will otherwise be lurking kindly. I don't think this type of site is quite meant for my style of writing and that is perfectly OK, as I will keep what I can help with contrived & to the point if I post exclusively in the WW threads, where I will list any speculative CL adds as well (since the CL thread is long, and confusing enough, and I need not muddle it up any further than it already is with overstated information).
I hope to hear from some of the contributors I've enjoyed conversing within threads on these forums who I have yet to exchange PM with (and those who I do PM back & forth with, feel free to continue to PM me as I will be online as always— I will simply be writing for a 3rd party site when it comes to posts that are "tl;dr" material, and sticking to the WW thread and Private Messages from here on out and ignoring other posts). Thanks!
Sincerely,
Oil Can Boyd

#9 prowlers

prowlers

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Ryan Ludwick
Sandlot Punks-14 teams/30 man rosters/2 DL/MUST own 7 SP-3 RP/Daily lineups/Points league-Record 18-10
Start 1 C/1B/2B/3B/MI/CI/4 OF/2 Util/5SP/2 RP
Hitting Scoring-1Pt ea.-Sin/BB/HP/GS/HRIP/R/RBI/SH 1.5 pts-Stl 2 pts-Dbl 3 pts-Trip 4 pts-HR 8 pts-CYC K's-(-.5)
Pitching Scoring-L-(-2) BS-(-1.5) ER-(-.5) PG-15 CG-10 NH-9 SV-8 W-7 HD-5 QS-4 SO-2 K's-1 Inn-.5
Roster-Pick 11/14 teams/Max of 3 SP moves per week/CBS league/7TH year
C-Mauer(1b)/Doumit (OF)/McCann
1B-Morneau/C. Johnson(3b)(Satin
CI-Ruf
2B-Prado(SS/3B/OF)/Profar
SS-Aybar/Simmons/A. Escobar
MI
3B-Beltre/Arenado(SS)/Reandon
OF-Cespedes/C.Gonzolez/Bautista/Parra//C. Gomez
2 UTIL
DL-Konorko
SP-Harvey/Medlen/Tillman/Garza/Cole/Gee/E. Ramirez
RP-Henderson/Bailey/Gregerson
DL-Beachy

#10 SchruteFarmBeets

SchruteFarmBeets

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Tyson Ross

Starts vs the Mets @ Petco on Thursday.

#11 champy41

champy41

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Dane De La Rosa, closing for LAA right now, who knows how long but if you need saves....

Also SS Jonathan Villar returns today, he can fly, make the add (only 8% owned in yahoo).  Some might have dropped after he hurt thumb last week.

Edited by champy41, 12 August 2013 - 09:10 AM.

12 team h2h money league (non-keeper). Categories are: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C-Brian McCann (NYY - C)
1B-Mike Napoli (Bos - 1B)
2B-Ian Kinsler (Det - 2B)
3B-Matt Carpenter (StL - 2B,3B)
SS-Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
OF-Carlos Gonzalez (Col - OF), Shin-Soo Choo (Tex - OF), Mark Trumbo (Ari - 1B,OF)
Util-Anthony Rendon (Was - 2B,3B), George Springer (Hou - OF), Devin Mesoraco (Cin - C), Michael Morse (SF - 1B,OF)

SP-Felix Hernandez (Sea - SP), Jon Lester (Bos - SP), Shelby Miller (StL - SP), Alex Wood (Atl - SP,RP)
RP-Glen Perkins (Min - RP), Joakim Soria (Tex - RP), Francisco Rodriguez (Mil - RP)
P-Yordano Ventura (KC - SP), Chris Tillman (Bal - SP), Jesse Chavez (Oak - SP,RP), Martin Perez (Tex - SP)
DL-Doug Fister (Was - SP)

#12 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Are there any good match-up plays this week, touters? Baker? Raburn?
12-Team H2H Re-Draft 6x6 (Runs, AVG, HRs, RBIs, BBs, Steals) (Ws, Ls, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves)

C Russell Martin ©
1B Adrian Gonzalez (1B) || Adam Dunn (1B, LF) || Mitch Moreland (1B)
2B Howie Kendrick (2B)
3B Nolan Arenado (3B) || Hanley Ramirez (3B, SS) || Will Middlebrooks (3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (SS)
LF Carlos Gonzalez (LF) || Michael Saunders (LF, CF, RF)
CF Mike Trout (LF, CF) || Dexter Fowler (CF)
RF Jose Bautista (RF) || Daniel Nava (LF, RF)

SP Cole Hamels || Jeff Samardzija || Lance Lynn || Mike Minor || Jeff Locke || Jeremy Hellickson || David Phelps || Bartolo Colon || Kevin Gausman
RP Tom Wilhelmsen || Glen Perkins

My credentials: Data analyst as my day job, have played fantasy baseball for two seasons, first-place in 10-team Roto my first season and first-place in 12-team H2H my second season.

#13 Milk Me

Milk Me

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

As in platoon types, I assume? Guys who only play vs. LHP (or part-time players who are set to see a lot of time this week, is what I'm getting at)?
Just want to confirm before I start rattling off names and find out I'm not even doing the right thing. lol
Please friend req. +/or PM me if you would like insight or advice, as some have in the past and a couple of you currently have been doing most recently (in helping each other w/ league questions, as opposed to using the BC forum or player threads for advice). Otherwise, any of my posts can (or will) be found in the WW weekly threads, and I will otherwise be lurking kindly. I don't think this type of site is quite meant for my style of writing and that is perfectly OK, as I will keep what I can help with contrived & to the point if I post exclusively in the WW threads, where I will list any speculative CL adds as well (since the CL thread is long, and confusing enough, and I need not muddle it up any further than it already is with overstated information).
I hope to hear from some of the contributors I've enjoyed conversing within threads on these forums who I have yet to exchange PM with (and those who I do PM back & forth with, feel free to continue to PM me as I will be online as always— I will simply be writing for a 3rd party site when it comes to posts that are "tl;dr" material, and sticking to the WW thread and Private Messages from here on out and ignoring other posts). Thanks!
Sincerely,
Oil Can Boyd

#14 FantasyShmantasy

FantasyShmantasy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostMilk Me, on 12 August 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

As in platoon types, I assume? Guys who only play vs. LHP (or part-time players who are set to see a lot of time this week, is what I'm getting at)?
Just want to confirm before I start rattling off names and find out I'm not even doing the right thing. lol

Yeah, platoon guys, guys who have favorable matchups this week in general who are probably on the WW, etc. Whatcha got?
12-Team H2H Re-Draft 6x6 (Runs, AVG, HRs, RBIs, BBs, Steals) (Ws, Ls, Ks, ERA, WHIP, Saves)

C Russell Martin ©
1B Adrian Gonzalez (1B) || Adam Dunn (1B, LF) || Mitch Moreland (1B)
2B Howie Kendrick (2B)
3B Nolan Arenado (3B) || Hanley Ramirez (3B, SS) || Will Middlebrooks (3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (SS)
LF Carlos Gonzalez (LF) || Michael Saunders (LF, CF, RF)
CF Mike Trout (LF, CF) || Dexter Fowler (CF)
RF Jose Bautista (RF) || Daniel Nava (LF, RF)

SP Cole Hamels || Jeff Samardzija || Lance Lynn || Mike Minor || Jeff Locke || Jeremy Hellickson || David Phelps || Bartolo Colon || Kevin Gausman
RP Tom Wilhelmsen || Glen Perkins

My credentials: Data analyst as my day job, have played fantasy baseball for two seasons, first-place in 10-team Roto my first season and first-place in 12-team H2H my second season.

#15 NYG2302

NYG2302

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

WAIVER WIRE PICKUPS

(Indicates percentage owned in ESPN, CBS, and Yahoo! Leagues)

Robbie Grossman – (45.3%, 23%, 20%) Since being called up from the minors at the end of July, Grossman has been absolutely on fire, hitting over .400 for the Houston Astros. For those managers who are looking for a boost in the stolen bases category, he is definitely an enticing add, given that several speedsters have been out of commission lately (Everth Cabrera, Desmond Jennings). He isn’t particularly efficient at stealing bases, but manager Bo Porter has definitely given him the green light as long as he keeps getting on base. For those looking for a flyer in an AL-only or deeper mixed league, he’s worth a look.

Mike Moustakas – (49.2%, 66%, 46%) After an absolutely dreadful start to the season with hitting under the “Mendoza Line” in both April and May, Moustakas has begun to turn it around lately, and started to show some power at the end of July and the beginning of August. Just like fellow Kansas City Royals slugger Eric Hosmer, Moustakas has worked with hitting coach George Brett and the results are starting to show. The lineup he’s in doesn’t have a ton of talent so certainly temper your expectations here, but as a temporary flier, I think that he’s certainly viable.

LaTroy Hawkins – (31.1%, 10%, 17%) With closer Bobby Parnell on the DL dealing with a herniated disk in his neck, the New York Mets have struggled to find a serviceable closer in the interim. Manager Terry Collins attempted to hand the job to David Aardsma first, but he blew two save chances in a row this past weekend. Almost by default, Hawkins has been given the closer role and has so far excelled. Since the jury is still out about Parnell returning at all this season, for managers in need of saves for the rest of the year, look to Hawkins for help.

Leonys Martin – (80%, 66%, 41%) Martin certainly has been a pleasant surprise this season for the Texas Rangers, providing them with a source of speed and runs with a handful of home runs. Recently slotted into the leadoff position, Martin has run rampant recently and shows no signs of slowing down. Hitting atop a very strong lineup, which just added Alex Rios for a playoff run, is certainly a big benefit. He’s been very consistent so far this season and offers much more upside with the new position in the batting order. I’d look to add him in mixed leagues if I could.

PITCHERS TO STREAM FOR WEEK 17

Chris Archer – (79%, 85%, 65%) After being removed from last Wednesday’s start with forearm tightness, there was some cause for concern about Archer being placed on the DL. It turns out that it was more of a precautionary measure than anything else was, and the team provided him with some extra rest. Archer takes on the Seattle Mariners on August 13 and Toronto Blue Jays August 18, so he certainly has a chance to pull off a two-win week.

Samuel Deduno – (5%, 25%, 6%) For a pitcher with an ERA under 3.40 and a sub 1.30 WHIP, Deduno certainly has been flying under the radar. He isn’t a particular great source of strikeouts (only averaging close to 3-4 per outing) but takes on two subpar teams this upcoming week and has a chance to be a value play. Deduno faces the Cleveland Indians on August 13 and Chicago White Sox on August 18. For those in need of a few wins or quality starts and don’t need strikeouts, he’s a fantastic add.

Danny Salazar – (12%, 60%, 26%) With fellow Cleveland Indians hurler Corey Kluber hitting the DL, the Tribe called up top pitching prospect Danny Salazar for help. After an impressive debut back in July, Salazar took on the best offensive ballclub in baseball (Detroit) and managed a respectable four earned runs over almost eight innings. More importantly, he struck out 10 batters and demonstrated absolutely electric stuff. He faces two much less intimidating teams with the Minnesota Twins on August 12 and Oakland Athletics on August 18. If he’s still available in your league, he’s my top streaming option this upcoming week.

Ricky Nolasco – (24%, 78%, 40%) Since joining the Los Angeles Dodgers, Nolasco has pitched fairly well, and he hasn’t allowed more than three earned runs since late June. The problem has been pitch counts and escaping the fifth inning, which hasn’t happened since early July. The Dodgers have been one of the hottest teams in baseball lately and offer plenty of run support. Nolasco also lucks out by taking on two of the worst offensive clubs in baseball with the New York Mets on August 12 and Philadelphia Phillies on August 18.

PROSPECT WATCH

Avasail Garcia – (OF – Chicago White Sox) Garcia was one of the main pieces in the trade that ended up sending Jake Peavy to Boston. The White Sox nabbed one of Detroit’s top prospects and added depth at a position that was certainly lacking. With the recent trade sending Alex Rios to the Texas Rangers, expect Garcia to be promoted shortly. He offers a solid amount of power to compliment a high batting average, and is an above-average defender. For folks who play in dynasty or deeper AL-only leagues, he is a fantastic pickup now while you still have time.

A veteran fantasy sports player/commissioner for the better part of a decade, I am a contributing writer for several major fantasy websites including RotoExperts.com and Going9Baseball.com. I am always willing to share my advice and opinions on your questions and the latest fantasy news. Feel free to contact me with any sports related inquires on twitter @Roto_Wizard, or by e-mail at Evan.Tarracciano@rotoexperts.com

#16 ComericanPie

ComericanPie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Andrew Lambo if anyone hasn't gotten that memo. 31 homers thus far in the minors this year. High K rate and likely doesn't project to help out with much aside from homers/XBH at the major league level (at least this year).

#17 Milk Me

Milk Me

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

MIN SP (although he only qualifies at RP currently in Yahoo! leagues) Andrew Albers. Coming off of a 2 hit shutout at just 104 pitches vs. the Indians after his previous outing vs. the Royals (almost a CG shutout in itself, but an impressive outing nonetheless). He's 27 with little upside at this point, but after 17+ scoreless to start his career and a tasty matchup vs. the White Sox up next, I'd roll the dice if I needed to. I almost want to for the fun of it...

Give it a try, he's probably still on your wire and you might be able to nab him if you act quick. He won't start for a few days but the Sox aren't a bad play...
Sincerely,
Oil Can Boyd

#18 Milk Me

Milk Me

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostFantasyShmantasy, on 12 August 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostMilk Me, on 12 August 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yeah, platoon guys, guys who have favorable matchups this week in general who are probably on the WW, etc. Whatcha got?

OK, first of all, sorry this took me long to get back to. I wanted to give a valid response, and felt like getting that tout for Albers in before I forgot. Anyway, for matchup plays this week (or in general, even)?

Skip Schumaker (don't laugh) when facing RHP. He's also MI and OF eligible in Yahoo. Not going to give you many categories, but he's a handy gadget player when he is slated to face a slew of RHP in a row. Problem is, he's set to be split up in the next few games, righty-lefty-righty-lefty and so forth in this series vs. the Mets, and he does not hit lefties at all. He has only 5 games played vs. them compared to something like 39 vs RHP this year. But with those AB vs.  RHP, he's hitting nearly .290 with an OBP in over 150 AB (I think there could be a lot more, but I'm too tired to check just this second, though I do promise to try to give better insight to your inquiry in general when I wake up and my head is clearer). But, for those looking for some MI depth to fill voids left by suspensions (and I know I've come up with a good amount of names, but there are teams in deep-deep leagues with spots to fill I'm sure who are still in search of "that" replacement for a spot left vacant due to suspension-- MI like a Peralta or Cabrera, or otherwise).

Which brings me to just one more, owned in only 4% on Yahoo! (I think), and eligible in the OF (RF and CF for position-strict leagues), I'd also like to tout Avisal Garcia just for the sake if not as a potential difference-maker and big bat if the minor leagues translate into the majors that could help to replace a suspended outfielder (best example being a Nelson Cruz or something). Admittedly, since I hate to make touts when I've read someone else mention it before, I think he was mentioned above. 0-4 tonight, and I meant to watch the game, but did not see any of his AB (and of course missed the entire game). Sale pitched well and that is all that the highlights spoke of or really showed off as well. I'm curious just how he looked, having picked him up recently. If he has the power potential he's supposed to have/grow into, he could be a monster playing half of his games in the Cell. I'd give him a try if you have a player to drop right now, or if he's out there when you do drop someone next. It remains to be seen if he puts anything together down the stretch, but the Sox truly have little to nothing to lose if he plays daily-- and Viciedo has been a real let-down for them. I think they'll let it ride and see what they've got. Perhaps they/you can catch some lightening in the final month or so..
Sincerely,
Oil Can Boyd

#19 Milk Me

Milk Me

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

Here's one actually.

Not even a match up play as much as just a solid add (as a 4th OF, or maybe even 3rd in deep leagues or AL-only) now that Lorenzo Cain is on the DL too...

David Lough, owned in 3% of Yahoo! leagues. Unsure about other platforms, but Yahoo seems to be the most vacant, so assume it's up a few notches for CBS/ESPN/etc....

Anyway, over the last 30 days, he has put up some impressive numbers (albeit some of it coming in part-time duty, which should increase with Cain now on the DL): 9 runs, 1 dinger, 11 RBI, 3 SB, and a slash line of .338/.361/.415 to go with it. He's not going to hit a ton of bombs but if he plays daily or most days of the week in their outfield, he could/should steal maybe 7-10 the rest of the way and continue to hit well for average and score some runs for any squad who is in a deep enough or the right type of league to give him a chance. A lot hinges on how well he continues to play the rest of the year of course too, but hitting .303 as of now, I think it's safe to assume even the regression from .338 over his past 70 AB down to say .300 won't kill any team... he needs to score runs and the Royals to be playing as well as they have for him to really hold value.
Sincerely,
Oil Can Boyd

#20 frankhoward

frankhoward

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostNYG2302, on 12 August 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

WAIVER WIRE PICKUPS
(Indicates percentage owned in ESPN, CBS, and Yahoo! Leagues)
Robbie Grossman – (45.3%, 23%, 20%) Since being called up from the minors at the end of July, Grossman has been absolutely on fire, hitting over .400 for the Houston Astros. For those managers who are looking for a boost in the stolen bases category, he is definitely an enticing add, given that several speedsters have been out of commission lately (Everth Cabrera, Desmond Jennings). He isn’t particularly efficient at stealing bases, but manager Bo Porter has definitely given him the green light as long as he keeps getting on base. For those looking for a flyer in an AL-only or deeper mixed league, he’s worth a look.

Nice,detailed overall post post.
  However Grossman is batting .220 vs RHP(.317 vs LHP) and gets 6 this week.I dropped him last night FWIW.

Edited by frankhoward, 13 August 2013 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users