43 replies to this topic

#1 B.J.

B.J.

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

What the hell is going on down in Miami? Is Thomas really in the hunt for the starting RB or are the Fins using him to push Miller?
12 Team Yahoo NonPPR
Stylin' & Profilin'

QB- P. Rivers WR- A. Brown, M. Crabtree, G. Tate
RB- Forte, Shady Flex- Ellington
TE- Cook K- Bryant D- Houston

Bench- T. Brady, M. Ingram, CJ?K, O. Beckham Jr., Storm Johnson, J. McKinnon, D. Adams

#2 gbill2004

gbill2004

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's gonna be a timeshare. Miller is bust of the year.
Competitive start 2 QB, 0.5 PPR, 12 team H2H deep re-draft league, all TDs = 6 pts. Roster below (starting spots in brackets):

QB (2) - Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel
RB/FLEX (2) - DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Zac Stacy, Jeremy Miller, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Knile Davis
WR (4) - Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Crabtree, Victor Cruz, TY Hilton
TE (2) - Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
K (2) - Shayne Graham, Steven Hauschka
DEF (2) - Cleveland, New Orleans
IDP (4) - Lavonte David, Jared Mayo, Alec Ogletree, Curtis Lofton

#3 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

not sure I like how this smells...

#4 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,727 posts
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

d thomas is not that bad ... remember in his rookie year in his first and second game he ripped off a string of 107 and 95 yards rushing with 10 and 27 yards receiving. then he played with hammy issues ROS and it sapped his ability.

then last year he was in the coaches doghouses and had a buncha concussions. If lamar miller was so great and thomas was so bad, why did they still work both into the mix last year?

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#5 instant290

instant290

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

I remember his rookie year people here were comparing Daniel Thomas to Arian Foster.

#6 CooL

CooL

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

As a Bell owner, I ran to add Thomas instead of any of the other Pittsburgh backs. I think he is at least flex worthy if it's a 50/50 split.

#7 zapatross

zapatross

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Found this after searching for myself. Obviously the sample sizes are small, but there's not much else to go by. http://www.thephinsi...preseason-games Thomas' NFL rank amongst RB's is 13 while Miller sits at 135. Not sure it really matters, but the Phins fans seem to be impressed with Thomas.

#8 OverRatedRevis

OverRatedRevis

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

You want input from a fin fan? I was extremely impressed with him coming out of college. He looked big and pretty explosive for his size, but my take on him has made a 180 since he was drafted.
I have not missed a game of his and have even attended a few from out of town and I am extremely unimpressed. He has no big play ability, is average in the pass game, and seems to only get what is blocked. Do not believe anything you read saying he is a legitimate threat to Lamar receiving the bulk of the carries.

#9 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

You want input from a fin fan? I was extremely impressed with him coming out of college. He looked big and pretty explosive for his size, but my take on him has made a 180 since he was drafted.
I have not missed a game of his and have even attended a few from out of town and I am extremely unimpressed. He has no big play ability, is average in the pass game, and seems to only get what is blocked. Do not believe anything you read saying he is a legitimate threat to Lamar receiving the bulk of the carries.

no big play ability, average in the pass game, only gets what is blocked.
so he is Shonne Greene 2.0?

#10 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

You trust a guy named OverRatedRevis?

Seriously though, he's obviously had an underwhelming NFL career. Maybe he's turned things around.

Edited by Deadpool, 21 August 2013 - 12:20 AM.

• affliction likes this

12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Odell Beckham, Rueben Randle, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

#11 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'll quit fantasy football for good if Daniel Thomas wins the job.
  • Dr.Funktopus likes this

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#12 LyondellBasell

LyondellBasell

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,727 posts
  • Interests:Mets - Knicks

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

why was it so strongly assumed in the first place that it's lamar miller's backfield? was it a creation of fantasy writer speculation that fed on itself?

14 Team PPR. One Keeper. All TDs worth six.

QB/ Wilson
RB/ Jamaal
WR/ Edelman
FX/ Wright
FX/ Bradshaw
FX/ McKinnon
TE/ Kelce
DST/ Titans
K/ Parkey
Bn/ Hill, Hunter, Shorts, P Thomas, LaFell

Championships: 4 Baseball, 1 Football, 1 Basketball

#13 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

why was it so strongly assumed in the first place that it's lamar miller's backfield? was it a creation of fantasy writer speculation that fed on itself?

when bush left he was the only RB worth a dam on the roster.
Thomas's nickname on yahoo FF is fumbling dan. 100% srs.

if you got gore comparing your to clinton portis and you lose your job to a guy named "fumbling dan" you need to hang your head in shame for the rest of your days.

#14 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

He's the clear handcuff, but wont put up great stats as the starter. If anything any sort of a time share conversation only pushes back Lamar Millers ADP which makes him even a better value.

D Thomas is average-bad. Probably not a top 20 handcuff for me if we are factoring in potential as a starter as a huge part (which I do). I mean you can draft Montario Hardesty to handcuff T-Rich. But why?
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#15 OverRatedRevis

OverRatedRevis

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

You trust a guy named OverRatedRevis?

Seriously though, he's obviously had an underwhelming NFL career. Maybe he's turned things around.

What does someone's username have anything to do with their input on a topic?

Back on topic, I am a fan of Miller being a solid fantasy contributor but was never on board him being drafted before the late 4th/ early 5th.

#16 DS1419

DS1419

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just because you honestly 'never know,' I've added Daniel Thomas off our waiver wire. It worked last year for me with Alfred Morris when the starting job was wide open (should note I drafted Helu & Royster late knowing I'd at least get 1 starter out of the mix). Worst case scenario I drop him in a few weeks, best case, he's flex worthy or covers bye weeks and approaches 700 yds in a timeshare, plus some goal line work. If you're drafting in the teen rounds, he's definitely worth a flier, but nothing before round 12/13,

Edited by DS1419, 22 August 2013 - 07:09 PM.

12 Team Dynasty League:

QB - Jay Cutler, Robert Griffin III, Mike Glennon
RB - Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, Lamar Miller, Christian Michael, Carlos Hyde, Alfred Blue, Jonathan Grimes
WR - Dez Bryant, Cordarrelle Patterson, Brandin Cooks, Markus Wheaton, Justin Hunter, Davante Adams, Bruce Ellington
TE - Jimmy Graham, Larry Donnell, Tyler Eifert
K - Steven Haushka, Robbie Gould
D - Saints, Texans, Chiefs

#17 Dez Bryants Mama

Dez Bryants Mama

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Moe Torboat @NFLMoe 3m Source tells me Giants GM Reese contacting Dolphins about Daniel Thomas

#18 JimmyGs

JimmyGs
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just because you honestly 'never know,' I've added Daniel Thomas off our waiver wire. It worked last year for me with Alfred Morris when the starting job was wide open (should note I drafted Helu & Royster late knowing I'd at least get 1 starter out of the mix). Worst case scenario I drop him in a few weeks, best case, he's flex worthy or covers bye weeks and approaches 700 yds in a timeshare, plus some goal line work. If you're drafting in the teen rounds, he's definitely worth a flier, but nothing before round 12/13,

In addition, MIA's schedule is so sweet if something happens to Miller than Thomas is in a very nice position to excel ROS.

#19 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

So, does anyone know what the deal is here?

Thomas is still saying that he "Expects" a 50/50 type thing. The GM seems to want him to play...

We all know he sucks, that's clear. But, in like a 16 team league where you start an additional RB/WR and Flex, you have to keep him, right?

I can't imagine it's a true time-share, but who knows.

#20 atdharris

atdharris

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Did you see how the Dolphins handled Reggie Bush? There's a reason I shied away from Lamar Miller. He will be misused for sure like Bush was, who did a 50/50 timeshare some games with Thomas and on occasion even was benched in favor of Thomas.

10 man, 2 QB league: 3-3 (falling apart)

QB1: Eli Manning
QB2: Carson Palmer
WR1: Jordy Nelson
WR2: Odel Beckham Jr. 
WR3: Marques Colston
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Ben Tate
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLEX: Shane Vereen
K: Phil Dawson
D/ST: Chicago

BN: Jeremy Maclin (BYE)