Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

When to start drafting IDPs?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 soccastar001

soccastar001

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

This year is my first time in a league that drafts individual defensive players. I have no idea, though, what round I should start looking at drafting into these positions.

This league is 1d, 1dl, 2lb, 1dt, 2de, 2cb, and 2s.
Points are .75 solo tackle, .25 assist, 5 sack, 2 int, 1 ff, 1 fr, 6 def td, 2 safety, and 5 block kick.

#2 Buster05

Buster05

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Over at footballguys.com there was a dynasty draft with all the fantasy gurus. JJ Watt was drafted #1 overall. Now personally I think thats too high, but there is such a gap between him and the #2 DL tier (Pierre-Paul, Wake, Ware) that the writeres felt he was worth it.

Your league is very sack friendly scoring.

#3 alleyce

alleyce

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is it strictly IDP or combined with offensive players. In my combo league I have a lot of sucess drafting my IDP guys at the end right before my defense and kicker, as they are easier to find replacements for than the offensive guys.

IDP only I think with your scoring I would be grabbing DEs and DTs first until all those spots were filled. Usually I see 5 for sack and 5 for int. This makes CBs really almost worthless except for the guys who get beat a lot and make some tackles.

#4 soccastar001

soccastar001

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

Is it strictly IDP or combined with offensive players. In my combo league I have a lot of sucess drafting my IDP guys at the end right before my defense and kicker, as they are easier to find replacements for than the offensive guys.

IDP only I think with your scoring I would be grabbing DEs and DTs first until all those spots were filled. Usually I see 5 for sack and 5 for int. This makes CBs really almost worthless except for the guys who get beat a lot and make some tackles.

It's both.

#5 newyork2la

newyork2la

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've never played in a league with that many IDP's but have played in a league where we started three and I always waited until all my starters were picked as well as some key reserves.