#1 canaan_ko

canaan_ko

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:04 AM

Anyone see his arms? Have mercy.
16 Team H2H 9 x9 scoring (H, BB, K, OBP, L, K/BB, K/9, QS)
C Miguel Montero
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kyle Seager
SS Starlin Castro
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF Carlos Gonzalez
Utl Kole Calhoun
Utl Asdrubal Cabrera
Bnch Carlos Beltran
Bnch Eric Young
Bnch David Freese
P Felix Hernandez, Corey Kluber, Chris Archer, Josh Beckett, Jimmy Nelson, Jake McGee, Wade Miley, Hiroki Kuroda Cody Allen, C.J. Wilson

#2 teamshameless

teamshameless

Likes Pointy Leather Boots

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

Obviously (from the draft) I'm very high on Hibbert this year. He dominated Miami and I think he's going to dominate every team in the league that doesn't have a legitimate center. Which of course is almost ever team in the league.

I think he was injured for most of the year last season and his last month numbers were pretty dominant. Also the return of Danny Granger is really going open up the paint for him.

I think 17-9.3 with 2.3 blks and great percentages is very doable.
Putting the Mod in Moderator

#3 terribleswedes

terribleswedes

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

I love him this year, too. I worry about his mega-asthma still or whatever, and he's inconsistent, but he really played like a stud back half of the year and playoffs.

I will draft him too early. I will. The only question is how I will drive down his ADP until then.

This guy sucks.
8-team, 8-cat roto [FINISHED FIRST]:
Kevin Love; Paul George; Mike Conley; Tim Duncan; Kawhi Leonard; Kyle Lowry; Marcin Gortat; Isaiah Thomas; Tyson Chandler; Manu Ginobili; Tyreke Evans; Terrence Ross; J.R. Smith

10-team, 9-cat H2H [FINISHED FIRST]:
Lebron James; Dwight Howard; Ricky Rubio; Brandon Jennings; Jose Calderon; Andre Drummond; Klay Thompson; Spencer Hawes; DeAndre Jordan; Manu Ginobili; Amir Johnson; Tyreke Evans; Jodie Meeks

#4 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:I like-a table tennis, a sun bathe, and a shoot dog.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

Dammmmmmmn bitch.  Look at this guy!!  He's like 2x his previous size.  Not sure if this is good or bad for a guy with asthma though:

Posted Image
How'd you get the beans above the frank!?

#5 canaan_ko

canaan_ko

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postkrupocin, on 22 August 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

Dammmmmmmn bitch.  Look at this guy!!  He's like 2x his previous size.  Not sure if this is good or bad for a guy with asthma though:

Posted Image

timmy looks hecka small
C Miguel Montero
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kyle Seager
SS Starlin Castro
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF Carlos Gonzalez
Utl Kole Calhoun
Utl Asdrubal Cabrera
Bnch Carlos Beltran
Bnch Eric Young
Bnch David Freese
P Felix Hernandez, Corey Kluber, Chris Archer, Josh Beckett, Jimmy Nelson, Jake McGee, Wade Miley, Hiroki Kuroda Cody Allen, C.J. Wilson

#6 bball961

bball961

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

is that Ian Mahinmi on the far right?

#7 vnmslsrbms

vnmslsrbms

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

View Postcanaan_ko, on 22 August 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

timmy looks hecka small

You're talking about the short bald guy next to Hibbert?  LOL.  I think Duncan just looks smaller because of the camera lens having some serious distortion issues, and he is standing further away from the camera (maybe just a bit).  I don't know, there's gotta be some camera magic there.  But on the same topics (since I'm pretty sure they took this picture then) is the Spurs allowing Hibbert to learn from Duncan.  That's another shrewd Pop move there.  Let's make sure the Pacers either take out the Heat or at least give them an even better fight (I don't know how you improve on taking them to the 7th game without winning, but yeah).  Hibbert should finally break out this year, what people thought he was going to do last year.

#8 HRHoops

HRHoops

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Wow, this guy is jacked.  Does anyone remember what the injury was he was dealing with in the first half?  This guy has hovered around 12ppg the last few years.  In the first half last year he shot .414 from the field!  His second half was .508 from the field with 15.7 points and 8.8 rebounds and his usual 2+ blocks.  In the playoffs he shot up to 17 and 9.9 but his minutes leaped from 30 to 36.5.  I think in the regular season his minutes will be closer to 30, which limits his upside, but I think those second half numbers are a fair expectation.

Edited by HRHoops, 22 August 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#9 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postvnmslsrbms, on 22 August 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

timmy looks hecka small

You're talking about the short bald guy next to Hibbert?  LOL.  I think Duncan just looks smaller because of the camera lens having some serious distortion issues, and he is standing further away from the camera (maybe just a bit).  I don't know, there's gotta be some camera magic there.  But on the same topics (since I'm pretty sure they took this picture then) is the Spurs allowing Hibbert to learn from Duncan.  That's another shrewd Pop move there.  Let's make sure the Pacers either take out the Heat or at least give them an even better fight (I don't know how you improve on taking them to the 7th game without winning, but yeah).  Hibbert should finally break out this year, what people thought he was going to do last year.

No seriously this isn't trick photography, Hibbert just put on a massive amount of weight, most of looking to be muscle.  There were other pictures posted as well of them as individuals and one of them was to show how freakin shredded Duncan is, he's 37 and has like an 8-pack from his work this off-season.  The picture above just looks distorted bc of Hibbert, cover him with your hand and everything else looks normal even the guy next to him, and if you look at Duncan compared to the boxers he looks bigger than them as well muscularly.  Also, Hibbert has 4" on Duncan (in shoe heights are 7'3" vs 6'11") and with Duncan slouched a bit the pic shows that this is accurate.

#10 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

timmy looks hecka small

Picture of Tim Duncan from the same day, they did a cross train with boxers in case you couldn't tell lol.  I posted this picture not to show you Tim Duncan isn't hecka small, but as a point of reference for how fkn massive Hibbert has become:
Posted Image

#11 canaan_ko

canaan_ko

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postkrupocin, on 22 August 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

timmy looks hecka small

Picture of Tim Duncan from the same day, they did a cross train with boxers in case you couldn't tell lol.  I posted this picture not to show you Tim Duncan isn't hecka small, but as a point of reference for how fkn massive Hibbert has become:
Posted Image

Agreed that it is probably camera angle. Remember when people were posting that picture of John Wall having that belly?
Anyways, that was my point too in seeing how massive Hibbert has become.
C Miguel Montero
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kyle Seager
SS Starlin Castro
OF Giancarlo Stanton
OF Charlie Blackmon
OF Carlos Gonzalez
Utl Kole Calhoun
Utl Asdrubal Cabrera
Bnch Carlos Beltran
Bnch Eric Young
Bnch David Freese

#12 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postcanaan_ko, on 22 August 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Agreed that it is probably camera angle. Remember when people were posting that picture of John Wall having that belly?

Yeah I do agree def, although I think the camera angle didn't really effect Hibbert, he really has gotten massive.  It did make the guys in the back look a little smaller though.  Btw, kind of a random assortment of guys don't you think - Roy Hibbert, Tim Duncan, Chandler Parsons, and Ian Mahimmi training with a bunch of boxers lol!

#13 Musli

Musli

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postkrupocin, on 22 August 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Yeah I do agree def, although I think the camera angle didn't really effect Hibbert, he really has gotten massive.  It did make the guys in the back look a little smaller though.  Btw, kind of a random assortment of guys don't you think - Roy Hibbert, Tim Duncan, Chandler Parsons, and Ian Mahimmi training with a bunch of boxers lol!
This isn't Parsons. This is Tiago Splitter :D

#14 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostMusli, on 22 August 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

This isn't Parsons. This is Tiago Splitter :D

Lol, you're right and that makes way more sense, bizarrely he looks more like Parsons than himself in that picture!
Posted Image

#15 ballsohard

ballsohard

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,433 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Postkrupocin, on 22 August 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

That has to be the most white NBA picture not involving the Minnesota Timberwolves.

#16 fear_the_deer

fear_the_deer

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostHRHoops, on 22 August 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Does anyone remember what the injury was he was dealing with in the first half?  

He had an injured wrist that affected his shooting heavily.

#17 fear_the_deer

fear_the_deer

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

He may have put on weight, but it's a photo of a guy right after a long workout, puffing his chest out with his arms tightened and chin up.
So I would say the photo isn't an entirely accurate one.
Also I would classify Duncan as a thin build.

#18 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Postfear_the_deer, on 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

He may have put on weight, but it's a photo of a guy right after a long workout, puffing his chest out with his arms tightened and chin up.
So I would say the photo isn't an entirely accurate one.
Also I would classify Duncan as a thin build.

Lol, the guy's not a blow fish!  How much bigger do you think that would make him look.  He dwarfs Duncan, Splitter, and Mahimni - all NBA F/C's.  Also, it was a cardio type boxing workout (said that on the Reddit link I got this from), they weren't lifting weights, that's not something that would pump your upper body up, your legs if anything.  Everytime I do something cardio my upper body always looks smaller than normal, unlike lifting.

#19 fear_the_deer

fear_the_deer

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

The image is from Roy's instragram where he states:
"TD brought in sum boxing coaches to put us thru sum work. Lift, Court work then boxing. I'm done for the day."
So he was lifting and boxing, 2 things which enlarge the upper body (if it was resistant eg. bag work).
I'm a grown man so I'm not going to argue much about how another guy is standing, but in a photo like that and in fact just in reality, if you stand and flex the arms down, puff your chest out and put chin up, you are making yourself seem much bigger than someone slouching.
That's just a physiological fact for the Hominidae Family, not just the Tetraodontidae.
As a Georgetown guy I like Roy and hope he has a great season.

#20 krupocin

krupocin

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

View Postfear_the_deer, on 22 August 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

The image is from Roy's instragram where he states:
"TD brought in sum boxing coaches to put us thru sum work. Lift, Court work then boxing. I'm done for the day."
So he was lifting and boxing, 2 things which enlarge the upper body (if it was resistant eg. bag work).
I'm a grown man so I'm not going to argue much about how another guy is standing, but in a photo like that and in fact just in reality, if you stand and flex the arms down, puff your chest out and put chin up, you are making yourself seem much bigger than someone slouching.
That's just a physiological fact for the Hominidae Family, not just the Tetraodontidae.
As a Georgetown guy I like Roy and hope he has a great season.

Oh, I stand corrected, I was going by the Reddit post that just said they were doing some on court non-contact and some boxing fundamentals.  Not sure what being grown up has to do with discussing posture, but you can't double your body size by flexing.  I mean look at his shoulders, they're about the size of the boxers heads!  Btw what is Homidae/Tetradontidae?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users