68 replies to this topic

#61 RotoRanker

RotoRanker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

It all comes down to this. In League B, we have #2 fantasypro123 (Nick Foles, LeSean McCoy, Dez Bryant) going up against #1 mpbaseball22 (Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown). These have been the two best teams all season long and it's only right they face each other for entrance into League A. Whoever makes it into League A next year will have earned their spot.

And then there's League A. In Round 1, SenatorSpaceman was able to knock off mbroo5880i thanks to big games from DeMarco Murray (153 yards, TD) and DeSean Jackson (195 yards, TD). It was a tough battle as Matthew Stafford (235 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT) and Ray Rice (64 yards) had poor showings. Demaryius Thomas (45 yards) also had his worst performance of the season. But in the end, SenatorSpaceman advances to the Championship to face phizzics.

phizzics is the second highest scoring team in the Rotoworld Championships this year and last week he showed why with a dominating performance in the semifinals over RAZRr1275. Kirk Cousins passed for nearly 400 yards and three touchdowns and Greg Jennings topped 100 yards for the first time since leaving the Packers. But it was Jamaal Charles (215 yards, 5 TDs) who deserves all the attention.

Charles became the only player in NFL history to have 4 receiving touchdowns in a game and rush for another touchdown. Charles is further establishing himself not only as the best runningback in the game today, but as one of the greatest runningbacks of all-time. No other player in NFL history has ever rushed for 4000 yards in their first 6 seasons in the league and maintained a rushing average of over 5.5 yards per carry.

Good luck!
PM me if you want in the Rotoworld Championships baseball league (roto).

2013 Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball Grand Champion: phizzics
2013 Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball Grand Champion: mbroo5880i
2012 Rotoworld Fantasy Football Grand Champion: brockpapersizer

#62 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Down by 16 with Gore and SF D still to play. Care to guess which side I'm rooting for in tonight's game?

It's going to be close...

#63 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Lol, it's looking good for you phiz. I hate myself for taking out Manny Sanders at the zero hour. I've rolled with the exact same lineup all season, with Sanders stepping in when Wayne went down (my only significant injury). All that talk about 6 inches of snow in GB got to me. Of course it wouldn't have hurt if I switched up my QBs, since Dalton posted 30+ on my bench. But I ain't mad about that since I never seriously considered starting Big Red.

Assuming you win, I hope you end up blowing me out. It'll be hard to look myself in the mirror if I lose by less than 5.5 points (the difference between Sanders and Caldwell).

Anyway, good luck tonight. And to everybody else, it was a great season and I hope to see all of you back next season (excluding WInky, FDW, and anybody else who abandoned their team).

Edited by SenatorSpaceman, 23 December 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#64 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't know Spaceman. I'm thinking Gore gets used only as much as necessary and Atlanta can throw points on the board. Wouldn't surprise me at all to find Gates vs. Cook coming back to bite me. I spent the whole season scoring barely enough to win (except for last week) and that kind of luck doesn't last forever.

Good luck...it's down to the wire!

#65 baltimore_boy

baltimore_boy

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

Congrats on the championship phizzics! I wasn't in last, so I'll say this league was a success for me :D
Bring back Ray!

RotoJunction.com

#66 phizzics

phizzics

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,409 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

Thanks BB!

Thanks to (almost) all for a fun and competitive season. Looking forward to next year...

By the way, RotoRanker's weekly recaps are always a great read and were much appreciated!

#67 RotoRanker

RotoRanker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Great season phizzics, congrats. You put together a terrific team with two top 10 RBs and a top 5 WR, but nabbing Jamaal Charles with the #4 overall pick turned out to be the most important pick of the entire draft.

Final 2013 Standings:
1) phizzics (13-3, 1550.2 total points)
2) SenatorSpaceman (12-4, 1489.8)
3) RAZRr1275 (11-5, 1461.4)
4) scienergy (10-6, 1417)
5) mbroo5880i (9-7, 1455.4)
6) brockpapersizer (9-7, 1550.9)
7) baltimore_boy (9-7, 1406.6)
8) ToO_BaD (8-8, 1273.4)
9) RotoRanker (7-9, 1431.8)
10) holyBrowns (6-10, 1401.8)
11) sportsguy21792 (6-10, 1256)
12) SurlyRobot (5-11, 1315.9)
13) Finally Detroit Wins (5-11, 1098.1)
14) Winky (2-14, 1053.7)

Thanks to all the great owners this year for making this a fun and enjoyable league. Hopefully I see most of you next year.

I just want to take a moment to talk about brockpapersizer's enigmatic team. He finished as the points leader, and didn't even make the playoffs. This despite him having the easiest schedule in the entire league (opponent's averaged just 77.6 points per week agianst him). He won King of the Week five times, including three straight from Weeks 4-6. This is an amazing feat that I'm not sure will ever be equaled. However, as great as brockpapersizer could be at times this year, the owner who drafted Arian Foster with his #1 pick was wildly inconsistent. Every week, he scored either less than 90 points or more than 115. In his losses, he averaged just 76.2 points with two losses coming by a combined 0.6 points. In his wins, he averaged 113.0 points with an average margin of victory of 41 points.
PM me if you want in the Rotoworld Championships baseball league (roto).

2013 Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball Grand Champion: phizzics
2013 Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball Grand Champion: mbroo5880i
2012 Rotoworld Fantasy Football Grand Champion: brockpapersizer

#68 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostRotoRanker, on 24 December 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

I just want to take a moment to talk about brockpapersizer's enigmatic team. He finished as the points leader, and didn't even make the playoffs. This despite him having the easiest schedule in the entire league (opponent's averaged just 77.6 points per week agianst him). He won King of the Week five times, including three straight from Weeks 4-6. This is an amazing feat that I'm not sure will ever be equaled. However, as great as brockpapersizer could be at times this year, the owner who drafted Arian Foster with his #1 pick was wildly inconsistent. Every week, he scored either less than 90 points or more than 115. In his losses, he averaged just 76.2 points with two losses coming by a combined 0.6 points. In his wins, he averaged 113.0 points with an average margin of victory of 41 points.

Obviously Brock was very quite upset about missing the playoffs (which is evident in his multiple posts on the message board, reminding us that he has the most points scored) but you make some good points here. To get to the playoffs in a league as competitive as this one, you can't have many sub-par weeks. While Brock lit up the scoreboard in a handful of games, he had a number of games where he scored below the mean league average of points.

This is often the case in fantasy football and that's why it's usually not a travesty when a high scoring team misses out on a playoff spot. As great as his team was (and they were head and shoulders above the pack in some weeks), the fact that Brock also had the league's least challenging schedule indicates that they maybe weren't as consistent as some of the squads that made it further into the season.

Winning in fantasy football isn't always about scoring a ton of overall points (even though it obviously helps). Especially in deeper leagues, I'd say it's more important to score enough points to win, as frequently as possible.

#69 czw4life

czw4life

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

Any openings at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users