283 replies to this topic

#1 machine3

machine3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

He led the Jags in rushing with MJD not playing and Forsett hurt. And yes, I know it's preseason, but is this guy worth a look in a deep dynasty? Is he MJD's handcuff, or does Forsett have the #2 locked down? What's the story on this guy?

#2 Jason497

Jason497

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:30 AM

All good questions, and I have no idea either but I'm intrigued as an MJD owner...
Drafted Josh Gordon 9/2/14
WW Claimed Josh Gordon 9/3/14 (after he was drafted in 6th round and dropped)

#3 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

With talks of Todman being cut despite beasting out in the preseason (again), I'm sitting here wondering if the Giants will come calling for Todman to back up David Wilson. I don't know if anyone has watched the Jag's preseason games, but Todman looks legit.

#4 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

With talks of Todman being cut despite beasting out in the preseason (again), I'm sitting here wondering if the Giants will come calling for Todman to back up David Wilson. I don't know if anyone has watched the Jag's preseason games, but Todman looks legit.

If he looks so legit why would a talent starved team like the Jags cut him? Not trying to be a jerk, just asking because i haven't watched him play.

#5 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Why would he be cut? Is Forsett healthy?

#6 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Not cut from the Jags. Better than Forsett?

#7 Hurt Reynolds

Hurt Reynolds

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

This dude was a playmaker for the uconn huskies and I believe he will do fine in the nfl.

Edited by Hurt Reynolds, 30 August 2013 - 06:10 PM.

#8 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

You know people are bored and desperate for the regular season to start when Jordan Todman has his own thread...

12 Team Auction Draft. Yahoo 0.5 PPR scoring. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex. 

Bought Mccoy and AP, losing AP screwed me, and been trading nonstop to fill the holes.

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Eric Decker
TE: Greg Olsen
Flex: Reggie Wayne
K: Greg Zuerlein
Def: Detroit

Bench: Stevan Ridley, Allen Robinson, Bernard Pierce, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Knile Davis, Darrin Reaves

#9 tgalv

tgalv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

donald brown also a playmaker for the huskies. at least he hasn't been released a few times already.

#10 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

You know people are bored and desperate for the regular season to start when Jordan Todman has his own thread...

Or keeper league guys who are forward thinking trying to pick up the next Darren Sproles or Victor Cruz.
  • megamoviejohn and FouLLine like this

#11 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I remember dumpster diving for RBs last year and starting Montell Owens. That's when I realized my league was too deep. In other words I'll probably be starting Jordan Todman at some point this year
  • 406W30th likes this
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#12 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

I watched Todman. They'd be stupid to let him walk. I'm in Seattle and he's waaaaaaaay better than Forsett. Dude is very similar to MJD
The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#13 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Now here's a golden nugget I found on Jaguars official website under Todman's player profile (with a nice pic included, I must say)

Played under Jaguars running backs coach Terry Richardson at Connecticut.

http://www.jaguars.c...43-666ce033c244

Hard not to believe Todman has the inside track to be MJD's backup after looking like a stud in every preseason game avg 7.68 yards per carry on 29 carries across 4 games.

Edited by scienergy, 31 August 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#14 scwibbled

scwibbled

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

looking like he's the backup to own in jax..

just wondering how valuable todman would be as a starter in that jax offense.

#15 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Stashed him in all my dynasty leagues (v impressive runner) but I doubt he has much value this year with MJD back to full strength
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#16 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,967 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

I love him as a lottery ticket this year. You can get him with the last couple picks of the draft and with the workload MJD has seen, his snaps are numbered. So why not have a high upside rookie ready to go off your bench?

#17 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

I love him as a lottery ticket this year. You can get him with the last couple picks of the draft and with the workload MJD has seen, his snaps are numbered. So why not have a high upside rookie ready to go off your bench?

Todman isn't a rookie, been in the league 2 years... practice squad journeyman.

#18 nonstopfan

nonstopfan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

If you aguys aren't in keeper leagues than yo uare missing out. Its guys like this who can win a season for you just because you got the jump on everyone else. These late round guys or waiver wire guys can turn out to be gold if you don't do your research.

Or keeper league guys who are forward thinking trying to pick up the next Darren Sproles or Victor Cruz.

Don't forget Alf. Look at the dividends that he is about to pay off for guys who managed to snag him last season.

#19 SecondString

SecondString

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

He's as good a deep sleeper pick as any. If MJD goes down or has recurring problems from LisFranc recovery, this guy will produce. His college coach said he was the best receiving RB he'd ever coached.

#20 CooL

CooL

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

What's the problem? Christine Michael has his own thread, and he doesn't look like he'll play much at all this year.
With MJD's injury history, I think it's very pertinent especially for the MJD owners who the backup is. This guy seems like he can play and his stats from the preseason are impressive. I think he's way better than Forsett, who I believe is having injury issues of his own. Wondering if Todman is a better stash than Michael - not from a talent perspective from an opportunity perspective since his chances of seeing the field this season seem a little better than Michael's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users